THREADID
DISPLAYED
Starbucks Mingle the Return
Mar 28, 2021 - Apr 17, 2021
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

As they are leaving from the formal meeting place Kaze says to the new arrivals, "Hey, you want to grab something at Starbucks and chat? No pressure, just that I remember when I first got here, and it was helpful to be able to get to know people in a kind of casual environment, you know?"

Kaze points at a Starbuck on the corner, and heads into it, along with whoever else comes along.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Mobius tags along behind Kaze, happy to take the chance to learn more about the local awakened. Couldn't pass up on coffee, either. "Sounds good to me."

She hurries to keep pace, "Are you buying?" she asks cheerfully. She follows him inside, casting a look back to see who else might have come along.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Absolutely!" Kaze says, smiling cheerfully. "Order whatever you want. And please, call me 'Case'." he adds. "I'm actually on a little 'healthy' kick where I am off caffeine, so I'm just having water anyway." he smiles again, leading the way.

"Feel free to pick a table wherever you want" Kaze invites, "I'm just going over to open a 'tab'" he says, chuckling. He proceeds to the barista at the cashier to let them know that he'll pay for whatever the others order.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

5. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

One...

Two...

Three...

Aaaaaaaand...

"He's paying."

The nondescript mop-haired guy pointed at Kaze just as the tab was being opened. It's all about timing, yo. Because this Star isn't putting the bucks in Starbucks. Not that he put the 'it' in anything: perpetually as bland as as the quiet cousin everyone forgot about at family reunions and a sense of fashion that made Goodwill look like haute couture.

"Caramel Snickerdoodle Macchiato."

This is how you expose them. In degrees. By exposing that there's a secret menu, that information is being withheld, and the delightfully bifurcated tail mermaid is a symbol of deception. And last but not least? Sprinkle a sociable nod at Mobius. It's like crashing a wedding: a Russian Roulette of trying to get everyone to assume you're someone else's guest.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Ruach, Xander, DeepSeas liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan didn't like Starbucks very much. Part anti-corporate attitude and part the overwhelming sense of blandness he always got here caused him to avoid the cafes in favor of smaller places. But he's not here for the coffee today, but to make some friends. Hopefully.

But head is shaken when Kaze offers to pay. It's just that Shodan hates being in debt, even in minor things, even to people like Kaze, who are likely to handwave it the moment they get out of here. So he orders himself a Java Chip Frappucino and walks to Mobius and the Obrimos. Nods.

But there's someone else here. Someone new. Who despite his humble looks seamlessly flows into the situation.

"And you are...? Curiosity is clearly audible in his voice.

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Mobius had no compunction about accepting the favor, and made a small pump of her fist in celebration. Everything always tasted better when it was free, after all. She had meandered her way to a table in the corner to lay her bag and such down before returning to the front to place her order. Just then someone new had called out about Kaze, and then nodded at her.

She looked at him, eyebrow quirked for a moment, trying to figure out if she knew him or not. But she hadn't seen him at Consilium, so he must be an acquaintance of the other mages. Just then, Shodan asked the obvious question. She pursed her lips and gave the best Jim Halpert impression she could muster in Star's direction. Maybe not an acquaintance.

"Mocha Frappuccino." she ordered, "Uhhh... medium."

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Starbucks wasn't really his scene, but Spark saw a chance to get to know some of the other mages in town and took it. Sides it meant he had a chance to tip his fellow Retail survivors well and make one of their nights not suck so bad so there was that. He nodded and followed the others out still in his mostly blue outfit at the end of the meeting.

Like Shodan he declines the offer, "I got mine, thanks."

As far as his order went it was a black coffee with 4 extra espresso shots and a pump of that caramel crap. As well as a giant muffin, he tipped the girl who made his order a fifty and sat down with the others. His eyebrow shoots up at the newcomer who he is fairly certain wasn't at the meeting but somehow phased in with the others, with magic that was a distinct possibility.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"How very," hands on hips, "...Existential of you. So I am."

I order, therefore I am. This is how it begins: First with deceptions and then banal jokes about one's very existence being proven by imposing their will. It's all so very heavy -- like someone riding shotgun. Gosh darnit. Nope. Not a whiff of a obscenity. Coast is clear.

"Is that natural?" Long pianists fingers covered by a glove gestured at Shodan's head. "Your hair. The way it just... erupts... straight up from your head. Frankly? I'm jealous. Pantene Pro-V? That healthy sheen and absurdly full body can't just be the way you roll out of bed." This is what total sincerity looks like. "I'm sorry. I'm staring, aren't I? I know what it is. It's the way your left is focused slightly to the right and out of alignment with your left. I just can't look away."

This guy might have a thing for Eyes.

"...But I meant what I said about your hair."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh hey, guys. Cool." Kaze says, welcoming Shodan and Spark to the table.

Then when Shodan directly questions the newcomer, Kaze looks at him closely, like he's just noticing him for the first time. "Oh. Hi." he says. "Call me, 'Case'."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-28 22:12:41 Kaze rolls 6 to perception to focus on the new guy (Wits 3 +Composure 3) (10 Again) 5, 2, 8, 3, 1, 9 2 successes

S
    Shodan

To be honest, the guy with a mop on his head made Shodan stop in his tracks, and that doesn't happen often. Curiously, as he points at the Prime Mover's hair Shodan finds himself wondering what is it this new arrival does for a living. These fingers wouldn't be out of place on a surgeon's hand.

"Yup. Born that way" The Libertine considers the possibility that this guy was just making fun of him, but the tone and body language seemed sincere "It's the maintenance that's tricky. I spend a lot of my day in front of a screen or with a wrench in my hand, but it doesn't mean I have to look like I just crawled out of a basement" He smiles, deciding to play along "Adam, by the way. Didn't see you around here before, friend" And with the way others don't seem to recognize him either, Shodan feels relieved he's not the one missing a memo.

The Libertine moves to the table in a corner, where others have claimed their place. Facing Mobius and Spark.

"How goes settling in?" An ice breaker. Not the most creative question to come up with, but you gotta start somewhere.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread