Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Thank goodness. No karaoke. This isn't some sort of temporal stasis/loop. Not that sports-ball talk is any better.

"The Bangles, yes, and," his smile shifts from Mobius to Kaze. "Cyndi Lauper. How, how could I have left that out."

He's not making fun of him, and the soft warble is delivered like someone apologizing for bumping into someone else. And after that? Nothing's wrong with just listening. But try not to laugh. Try not to imagine fen-water eyes in his place, agog at all the rainbows and kittens and wide-eyed innocence.

"Oh, uh. I don't do team sports."
    Only partners, yo. No, be serious. "I'd rather fail alone than let down a group. That's so much pressure."

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick and think of you
    Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new
    Flashback, warm nights almost left behind
    Suitcases of memories, time after...
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, Xander liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm not really up for sports these days. I'll buy the snacks, but I haven't touched a bat in years," Spark drained what was left of his drink and sat back. Star mentioned Cyndi Lauper and the Bangles.

Music talk must have started when I glanced at my phone. Despite sleepwalking through that part of the conversation he chimes in anyways. "My Mom liked Cyndi, listened to a lot of classic rock cause of her. AC/DC became a fave, though their still touring so I guess they don't count?"

In Real life, I too refer to sports as 'Sports Ball' Star might be my spirit animal.

4. Likes , Ruach, Xander liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"C++" she answered Kaze, remembering her small high school programming class and how the teacher didn't bother to assign homework. "I almost got an A++ in that." she barely manages to squeeze out, before laughing at her own joke.

When Shodan responded to her with an actual interest in setting up a game, Mobius was slightly taken aback. It had been quite awhile since she had thrown a pitch, not that she was very good at it in the first place. She spent plenty of her time trying to come up with excuses to tell her dad to avoid going to the games, but in this moment she wouldn't say no - things were different now. "Well.. if you give me a time and a place, I'll be there." she smiles at Shodan.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Count me in." He says to Shodan. "Least I can do is be a designated driver and make sure everyone gets home OK."

He listens to Star and says, "Yeah, you never want to let the team down. But then on a team, you can pick each other up, help each other when you're down." He says hopefully.

Kaze looks wistful at Spark's reminiscence. "Cool Mom, AC/DC!" He smiles. "My mom was all in on church music. Dad was the one with more eclectic taste."

"Nice, you program?" Kaze asks Mobius, interested. "I always thought that would be a cool thing to do. Never got past just doing what everyone does, going on the Internet, you know?" He smiles. "Well, whatever you guys are up for, I'm game. I can still throw alright, and catch when I have to."

Mr Jones and me
    Look into the future
    Yeah, we stare at the beautiful women
    She's looking at you
    I don't think so
    She's looking at me
    Standing in the spotlight
    I bought myself a gray guitar
    When everybody loves me
    I will never be lonely

I will never be lonely
    Said I'm never gonna be
    Lonely I wanna be a lion
    Yeah, everybody wants to pass as cats
    We all wanna be big, big stars
    Yeah, but we got different reasons for that

Believe in me
    'Cause I don't believe in anything
    And I wanna be someone to believe, to believe, to believe
    Yeah!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Works for me!" was his collective answer to Spark, Mobius and Kaze, all of whom expressed some interest in the sporting event that began forming in Shodan's head. If nothing else, it'll be good team-building excercise, no pun intended.

An eyebrow is raised in interest as the mystagogue admits to having learned the basics of programming, and the fact that Kaze expressed interest in learning it just added to the surprise - the Obrimos never really pegged his Path-mate for a computer guy "I may be biased here" Oh, who was he kidding, of course he was biased - still, his tone left no doubt that Shodan doesn't consider it a problem "But I think everyone should learn at least bare-bones programming and how computers work in general. Not because they should strive to be the next Steve Jobs - it's just that even a bit of experience teaches you problem solving and persistence. You learn to look at challenges from the perspective of solutions" It was one of those situations where small investment provided big returns. Really no reason not to dabble "Data protection. That's a useful skill to have, too. Sure, the governments, corps and trolls may all be after our secrets, and they are way bigger than us, but..." He sips his coffee "... No reason to make it easy for them"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Sometimes I get a rash," he continued, as if he'd never stopped. "Is that a thing? An anxiety rash? Red? Splotchy? Anyone? It's like poison ivy, except, you know. It's not. I once saw someone with a peanut allergy. Now that was not pretty. Literally. Not pretty. All blotchy red all over? Like a rash. Well. And they couldn't breathe. I have no problems breathing when I have a rash."

What's over-sharing?

You'd think of everyone seated, this would be the guy that was into all that computer stuff. Glassy eyes say otherwise. Scratch off sports. Now computers. At least he's good-looking, right?

"Sports-ball. Now programming,"
    he slapped a hand down softly on the table. "This is like the first episode of 'Friends'. Next you'll all be roommates, you'll meet here daily, and have a theme song."

Star is humanity's spirit animal.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Cayce, Ruach, DeepSeas liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah, she was cool..." Spark took a breath in through his nostrils and held it, for a second staring down at the table lost in thought. He closed his eyes for a few moments before finally letting the breath out seemingly back to normal. He pointedly didn't comment on or mention his father.

"If I end up as the 'Ross' feel free to shoot me," Seriously that guy was a prick. Spark didn't really have a whole lot to add at this point so he grabbed a muffin and a cup of milk while the others talked.

13. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"I call Phoebe." Friends was a little before her time, but that's what Netflix was for. She then draws finger guns towards Spark, mouthing 'pew pew' for dramatic effect. Definitely the Ross. The still unnamed friend at the table, well, he could be the Gunther.

Guns still blazing, she looks at Shodan. "It's sounds like maybe you should be holding a seminar for us, rather than a ball game." she joked again, though she would probably attend either one.

Finally, to Kaze, "I can do some whiles." a half baked line, even by her standards. "It's not something I've practiced too much, lately."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Shodah, "Of course you would think that. I'm really more into ancient languages well one in particular." He says in response to the call to learn to program.

He chuckles at Star's description of getting performance anxiety rashes. "Yeah, well that's a thing with everyone. I used to throw up before games. Sorry, TMI I know." He says.

He laughs at Spark's denial of the role of Ross. "Well, I guess I'd be Joey then. I'm not sure how I feel about that." He says.

"Okay, so good at in school, but not really into it anymore. Cool. So, what are you into now?" Kaze asks Mobius.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

17. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Well, if we're going for it, then it's Chandler for me, I guess" He shrugs. There were some similarities "What about you?" He asks Star "If we're the gang, that makes you... Gunther? You wouldn't be managing any coffe shops around here, would you?" Maybe he was here incognito-like. Owner of a small mom-and-pop business here to learn about the corporate hydra?

The joke the mystagogue makes hits pretty close to home "A seminar... or a sermon" Getting all preachy was one of his guilty pleasures. As Obrimos and as Libertine "But seriously, I'll be happy to. Never enough of knowledge-exchanging events, we should put some time aside for something like that" Even if he doesn't ultimately end up as the main attraction, the Theurge still stands to gain from it.

He shrugs again at Kaze, but the smile is returned "Your call. When the robots will come to eat you, you know where to find me" The Libertine is less thrilled to hear about his Path-mate past gastric problems, but as he engages Mobius again, interest is sparked anew.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread