Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(WP for resistance trait)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Campanella stiffened as the Sentinel turned and spoke directly to him. The impassive mask he had fought to construct faltered completely. First his eyebrows rose, then fell; his forehead became creased by a frown; he leaned in, closer to Winter as he spoke.

And then it was Shodan who was speaking. Campanella focusses on the Prime Mover as well, frown now fixed on his face, nodding vaguely.

The Hierarch was already shrinking in on himself, weighed down by his thoughts, when Cosmo chimed in at an appropriate moment. Campanella's eyes locked onto the Ladder as he spoke - and grunted in agreement.

Silence began to fill the nave as the Hierarch stood, thinking. With occasional glances to Cosmo and Shodan.

I'll give Woland and Vincent 24 hours to respond before I do.

And some book keeping notes.

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-29 04:35:47 Campanella to know the Lex rolls 6 to Intelligence + Occult (10 Again) 6, 1, 5, 5, 8, 2 1 success

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-29 04:37:15 Campy to resist the pressure! rolls 10 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7, 3, 3, 8, 1, 10, 4 3 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-29 07:02:04 Campy to resist pressure (forgot Status) rolls 4 to Status (10 Again) 4, 7, 5, 6 failure
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Orianna, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Some ST notes, which I realised I forgot to include in my post...
    Woland using Fast-Talk isn't appropriate given the discussion is happening in a Consilium meeting. As the first roll toward's Cutting a Deal, this is fine and that is what I will be going with. However there are some hefty modifiers, which I have taken into account: -1 for lack of research / respect of the traditions of the Pentacle; -4 lack of actual bargaining chips (see WoD 1st ed, p83)

As a result, Campanella while favourable, is not swayed.

Cosmo interrupts this process with his post.

4. Likes Xander, West, Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark had sat back down and was remaining silent. Frankly this was so far out of his hands and concerning things he wasn't around for that the wise thing was to just stay out of it. It looked like the duel had been delayed for the time being so he simply listened and typed notes on what was going on on his phone while the others debated. Thankfully Cosmo was more successful then he had been at returning a semblance of order to the whole affair.

Then silence took the room and Spark's eyes were on the Hiearch, waiting for a response.

Didn't have much to add, had a busy weekend and wanted to reply so ya'll know I'm still here. XD

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella made to speak. He opened his mouth. Closed it again.

Campanella traced a finger along the line of his jaw as his brow furrowed yet again.

He waited.

"I am sorry, Shodan. There are some things one cannot escape, even if one finds them distasteful. You have been always eager to help this Consilium, after your own fashion. I am surprised at your blaze attitude to the traditions of the Pentacle, of which your Order is a part."

To Shodan and then Cosmo : "New evidence has been presented. And this will have to be examined. But now is not the time or the place for that. Other matters supersede the need for a trial. For now."

There was a sudden pulse at Campanella's jaw. He did not bother to to hide it. He sighed, a great exhalation before he looked back at the Libertine; his frown was giving way to a look of longing and sadness. The Hierarch hauled himself upright, standing at this full (average) height. He looked sternly now between the Guardian and the Libertine.

"This has become a case of claim and counter claim. Magus Shodan laid down a challenge regarding the possession of Artefacts currently held by Magus Winter, under the auspices of his Order. Magus Winter has offered a counter challenge, supporting his claim with the Rite of Nemesis. The Consilium recognises this superior claim of the Rite; therefore, in order to preserve life we have decided that...

"Magus Shodan and Magus Winter will enter the Duel Arcane in order to demonstrate their wisdom. The winner shall have proven their stronger claim to Wisdom; the looser shall recognise the superior Wisdom of the victor and desist from questioning them openly and in public from that time forth. This is a legal duel, which shall be fought to the point at which one duelist yields to the other. If one or both duelists chooses to withdraw before they have settled the matter in the Squared Circle, then they shall be branded a Coward.

"The Hierarch recognises that this may obviate the need for a further trial. This a Duel to demonstrate one's claim to Wisdom. Success would indicate the virtue of one's prior actions, especially in light of the easing of danger in the city. If Magus Shodan wins, he will have proven his Wisdom and the virtue of his previous actions."

Campanella shifted so he could give the Ladder Cosmo a questioning look. The Silver Ladder kept the Lex Magica, after all.

"The Duel Arcane shall be conducted at our next Consilium meeting so that this matter may be resolved as soon as possible.

"The question of the Artefacts is now null and void. The objects are currently in the custody of Magus Winter; there they will stay. He shall dispose of them as he see's fit. If he wishes to offer them up for examination, he shall also have the final say over who shall work with him on this project."

He sighed, like a weight was lifting from his shoulders.

"And in the meantime Magus Shodan, I, as your Hierarch, shall open negotiations with Magus Winter on your behalf. And I shall do what I can to see the Rite of Nemesis lifted before you come to harm. Magus Winter, I firmly expect to see Magus Shodan attend the next Consilium meeting unmolested and unharmed."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

7. Likes Vincent, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Just to clarify from the text wall: -

Shodan and Winter are to Duel. For Wisdom, not Artefacts.

They will Duel at the next Consilium meeting.

No Trial as yet - its been wrapped into the Duel (for now).

Rite of Nemesis is technically in effect. Duel first.

Winter gets to choose who will examine the disc and statuette.

Wow! A lot happened here this month. I'll leave the thread open for concluding remarks for a few days.

9. Likes DeepSeas, Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Hierarch had casted his vote, supporting the Guardian's claim with the weight of its decision.
    There was much to be said about Shodan's attempt at swaying the other Magus' judgement, he appreciated the gall but not the intent. Alas, the decision had been made from the very moment the Guardians had invoked the Precept of War, effectively the Guardians had seen the Free Council's bluff and called it openly.
    October's and Cosmo's words though, especially Cosmo's words rang true to an extent. The evidence had to be bought forward and examined, and given Shodan's penchant for saying stupid things in public, the best course of action was to bring forth whatever evidence he had acquired directly to the Hierarch... in private. In that case, perhaps the Ladder could assume the Libertine's own defense. The Guardian was many thing, but unfair he was not.
    "I'd like to exchange a word with you, Hierarch. By the end of the week hopefully. Magus Cosmo's presence would me much appreciated", the Guardian says, "My assurance that nobody will touch Magus Shodan before the duel", yes Cosmo was probably the only person who could conceivably argue for the Libertine.
    There was a lot of today's events that troubled the Guardian. Call it a hunch. Quickly his mind processed over a series of events and conversations occurred through the past. That night at the park and Shodan's offhand comments about nukes. The Libertine carelessness for the well-being of Sleepers, his blind Faith in science, his claim that the War was Lost. Up until today, when he had publicly announced his contempt for the most important of the Laws. Some people might have dismissed that comment as the byproduct of rage... yet a Guardian couldn't. Was Shodan insane?
    And then there was his drive to acquire the Artifacts. Sure, taken on its own it could have been the mere reflection of an overly ambitious upstart, but the Guardian couldn't just ignore circumstantial evidence. Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and right now there just wasn't enough reason left.
    And then the Libertine was an Obrimos, odds. The Guardian's jaw pulses. Could he be one of those?

And he had to know.

11. Likes DeepSeas, Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

And like so, the rollercoaster ride came to an end, and the tensions and emotions seemed to abate. In the end the Libertine got what he wanted - after a fashion. The duel was on, and even if the additional prize is off the table (for now), it still presented an opportunity to finish this feud between Winter and himself.

"Mhm. I'll kick his ass and then I'm home free, right?" A sentence with only a nominal question mark. Just like the Diamond Orders to replace due process with 'might makes right', but in this instance Shodan was certain 'might' was on his side.

A suspicious look is cast at Winter when he requests a private meeting with the Hierarch and... Cosmo? It's an odd choice of interlocutors, and the timing is suspicious enough for Shodan to suspect it is yet another of the Sentinel's plots against him. What else is nothing new?

"Fine. You just sit back, enjoy the fireworks"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

And with those final statements, the curtain shall come down on this dramatic scene.

I'll open a new Consilium scene later next week to give people time to start any post-Consilium threads they wish to do.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread