Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
VtR guidelines and expectations

Twist Scenes

Over the last several weeks I've been looking through a bunch of old posts trying to figure out why there has been an uptick of confusion and misinformation occurring about IC or OOC expectations. The reason I found is that there is no shortage of conflicting information from over the years ranging from player opinions or simply just rules being created or revoked without revisions occurring in the multiple places they were listed (i.e. the wiki). To resolve this, I'm creating this thread to represent a one stop shop for rules and expectations. If there is conflicting information it should be discussed here and the main post will be updated to reflect the most current and accurate information. Once a decision is made here we should update the wiki to match (if a conflict exists).

Elysium, Laws, and Information Thread

Clan & Covenant Meetings

Predator's Taint

Acknowledgement

Hunting, Tenancy & Regencies

Multiple titles

Disciplines and Powers

Vampire Resistance

Tracking Willpower, Vitae, and Health

Ghouls and Mortals

Multiple Characters

Crossover

Status

Obfuscating vs Size of items

Quick Draw vs Size of items

Prestation

2. Likes , Psychangel, White, Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

Change log will be updated so you all can see when and what is changed in this bear of a post easily.

4/3/20- Corrected notation under Hunting, Tenancy and Regencies to accurately reflect the wiki and source thread it was pulled from: "Herd development is a hunting right which can only be granted by the Prince, your Priscus or a Regent"

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

Alright everyone, the thread is open. I went back ten years and compiled everything that looked like it was still in play or accurate here. If you have any questions about what is posted in this thread ask away. If you see anything on the wiki or elsewhere that seems contrary to the information found in this thread please post it so we can make everything streamlined.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

The necessity of a mentor to learn new skills and fighting styles and out of clan or order disciplines? I've been told varying things about it, not required, only required in vampire, etc.

Twist Scenes

The necessity of a mentor to learn new skills and fighting styles and out of clan or order disciplines? I've been told varying things about it, not required, only required in vampire, etc.
    Have you read this?

Or these house rules for Skills, Disciplines or Merits?

The wiki is pretty detailed on what your limits are without a teacher or mentor so if you have a more specific question after reading that ask away. The only thing sorta kinda gray are things like rare or complex disciplines or devotions. A couple of examples from the Ordo Dracul that have come up are:

-Coil of the Soul
    pg 175 of the Ordo Dracul book reads "Plus, with sociological and psychological mores seeming to change so quickly in the modern night, finding effective teachers of this lesser-known Coil of the Soul has become difficult."
    -Skinner's coil of slumber
    pg 87 of Night Horrors Immortal Sinners reads "To become eligible to learn the Coil of Slumber itself a Dragon must be trusted (at least Ordo Dracul Status 3) and be thought a good candidate for becoming Sworn. At that point, he may be passed one of the later works by a more experienced practitioner and receive guidance on the chrysalis for the Coil."

When a discipline or a devotion is described as a rarity or needing guidance then you should expect it will require the mentor merit. Consult with your Storyteller on your character sheet for planning and approval for things like that.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Have you read this?

Or these house rules for Skills, Disciplines or Merits?

The wiki is pretty detailed on what your limits are without a teacher or mentor so if you have a more specific question after reading that ask away. The only thing sorta kinda gray are things like rare or complex disciplines or devotions. A couple of examples from the Ordo Dracul that have come up are:

-Coil of the Soul
    pg 175 of the Ordo Dracul book reads "Plus, with sociological and psychological mores seeming to change so quickly in the modern night, finding effective teachers of this lesser-known Coil of the Soul has become difficult."
    -Skinner's coil of slumber
    pg 87 of Night Horrors Immortal Sinners reads "To become eligible to learn the Coil of Slumber itself a Dragon must be trusted (at least Ordo Dracul Status 3) and be thought a good candidate for becoming Sworn. At that point, he may be passed one of the later works by a more experienced practitioner and receive guidance on the chrysalis for the Coil."

When a discipline or a devotion is described as a rarity or needing guidance then you should expect it will require the mentor merit. Consult with your Storyteller on your character sheet for planning and approval for things like that.
    Thanks, Youngblood! I had read the wiki on the Mentor merit, and heard different things from long time players, in particular that it was mostly the Vampire venue, and the wiki for the merit says Mage is still being edited; I missed the Vampire House rules section entirely! I will definitely check with venue Story Tellers on a case by case basis. I personally would love to have NPC mentors, but realize few ST's would likely have the bandwidth to actually run them as NPCs.

10. Likes Youngblood liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Hi folks!
    I want to update you when you make a roll, to look over this rule
    http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?42017

From now on, I want the action to hold to this rule ( as it should have). No choosing aspects or dividing successes between options after the roll. Put priorities in this action as you make the roll. I should be able to tell what you are doing with no communication between us.
    Or it doesn't count, simple as that

12. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
+ Reply to Thread