Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(Duties) A Street Corner Named Desire

Page 6 of 10 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey 'Old Ben'," Kaze says cheerfully, "You know me, always around looking to help out. Do you have anything you need moved?" Kaze asks.

After some conversation in which Kaze asks how the kids and family are doing, and how it's going with the store business and such, Kaze brings up the alley in question. "Hey, that alley over there is looking nasty, though. Good thing the cops are welcome here, having them around could help I guess. Is there any trouble in the neighborhood?" He asks.

Not sure if there's a roll that is needed beyond just having the contact merit?
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

<<Talk? Talk! We can talk!>>

Flashes of electricity pulsed dangerously along the mass of cabling, threatening to sputter, spark, and burst into flame.

<<We are awake. We see now…. What are you?>>

Cosmo felt the aroused spirit’s presence drawing near.

Phoenyx , Shodan and living stone head down the street and away from the patrol car. As the police officer had indicated, a way through the neighbourhood was found at the back of the refurbished strip mall - a way that passed right beside the crumbling block and its ruinous buildings. The fence-line was again found to be twisted and full of holes: the group could slip through if they were careful about it.

The crumbling ruin was an even worse eyesore from their new perspective. Graffiti was scrawled thickly on the building, along with ‘artwork’ of dubious intent. There was even a corner with a few chairs and an upturned drum as an impromptu fire. Fortunately the only people hanging around the fire were a couple of homeless; and they hadn’t noticed the group just yet…

Meanwhile, in the corner store, Old Ben settled behind the counter like he was a king on his throne.

“Do I look like I need help, son?” His voice rasped but lacked any real malice. He turned back to the broad shouldered cop, finished his business and waved as the peace officer left with his supplies.

October was acknowledged but not interacted with, which gave the Enchantress ample time to cast her spell. She felt a light pressure on her forehead as the Glyph settled and the periphery of her vision grew blurred; she detected nothing out of the ordinary - not in the confines of the shop at least.

Spark felt a thrill of surprise as the spectacled guy appeared to want to talk.

“Quiet. Heh. I wish. When its not the homeless, it’s the junkies. And if its not the junkies, then it’s some gang or another. Or dealers. Or kids thinking they’re a gang. Never changes…. It’s that old building. Been like it for years, it has. The wrong sort use it as some kind of fort or free housing or something. At least we get cops on the beat now…. Keeps a lot of them away but it won’t stop ‘em forever. Should have demolished that first, I say. You see, the cops will stop coming and it will all start all over again, just like it always does. I feel sorry for the folks at the new strip mall down the street.”

The spectacled man paused or stopped (Spark could not say for sure); with a dawning horror the Libertine found himself staring at the man, who now appeared to be waiting for him to respond.

Old Ban pulled a face. “There’s always trouble here. From homeless vagrants sheltering over in that old ruin, to thieving kids - if you’re lucky - and some gang or another - if you’re not. For years that old ruin been giving us trouble. Its a squat, see. Homeless hang out there for shelter, I guess. They get chased out by the junkies. Who get kicked out by the gangs. Eventually the police have to take an interest and the whole thing starts again. Always like that. Changed a bit when the new mall went in - cops make a point of being around now and it keeps most of the homeless and the junkies away. For the most part. Don’t get me wrong - you do not want to go in that building…. No tellings what’s in there now.” The old man gave Kaze a looked weighty with significance.

3. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark was going to have to add this to the list of times people have said a lot while also saying nothing. He blinked, honestly he'd try to tune the old guy out when he figured he was just rambling. Wait what was that bit about that building? "So that old building's been here a long time huh? Oldest thing in the neighborhood? Wonder why it's still standing when everything this else is getting rebuilt. I wonder who owns it."

The Prime Mover wasn't sure this line of conversation was going anywhere but just walking out would raise suspension.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx slips through the fence and up towards the address, wearing one of her best "resting bitch faces". Enchanted eyes scan around, seeing only vagrant sleepers at the bottom of the sleeper social pile.

Wih nothing of interest, she starts moving towards the address. "Keep an eye out for..." Arrogant dick? Self-important dumdum? Even "Cosmo" wasn't a good idea with Sleepers so near... "um... our friend," she finishes to Shodan and Living Stone, less than convincingly.

If Cosmo has actually found something he's going to be insufferable.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan follows Phoenyx through the fence like the good soldier he chose to be for the moment, before stopping and taking his surroundings in.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-23 12:37:09 Shodan rolls 5 to Perception (Wits + Comp) (10 Again) 6, 2, 7, 7, 9 1 success

"Isn't that an... entrance?" Or whatever you called this big hole in the wall.

I assume the group sees more or less the same thing Cosmo did when he went through here earlier

l
    living stone

Living stone follows them in but with he pays attention on is looking for cabling sprouts similar to before but this time focusing in finding path that leads to where they are coming from like a stair to a basement or a hole in the ground.
    1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 05:18:27 Someone rolls 6 to living stone rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 2, 2, 6, 10, 5, 2, 1 1 success

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh good, something was there. Something that might burn the place to the ground, but something none the less.

<<A friend.> Cosmo did his best to smile for the cables, waiting for an entity he could recognize and direct his attention toward. <<I was hoping maybe you could tell me what you do here. Why are there so many cables running through this building?>>

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was a little disappointing to not find anything in the shop. But, maybe there was something else.

But the talk about the old building stood out, “How long has it been around?” she asks. It was noted about the cops, if they were paying attention to it, they needed to be careful. No use drawing unwanted and unneeded attention to themselves.

Spark asked some good questions, and the Enchantress pays attention to what the shop owner would say. Might be something useful. If not, well, then they were going into the building. Either way, something was happening.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, seeing and hearing Spark engage the bespectacled patron of the store who seems to be a local resident with some experience in the neighborhood and then when October adds her question.

Kaze turns back to the proprietor, Old Ben and nods. "Yea, I hear you Old Ben. You give good advice as always." He says. "I don't need any trouble with gangs or junkies or to interfere with the cops' business. Thing is, someone asked me to help out; said this area had a problem, kind of almost like a feng shui thing, you know? Negative energy. Kind of New Age-y I know, but I owe him, and he usually knows what he's talking about."

Kaze smiles like he's humoring a good friend, just doing a crazy favor. "Anyway, that old building kind of sounds like what he was talking about. I mean, aside from all the bad things people do, it sounds...creepy." He offers.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Old Ben to Kaze: "What? Don't tell me you believe in that old crap? Ha! That old ruin is the reason why this 'hood was so beat up. When I was young it was all offices. Some tech firm it was, back then. Later a government office. Who knows who owns the damn thing - city of Sacramento probably. When the offices were abandoned the vagrants moved in. Police didn't seem to care and thats when the whole cycle started - homeless, then junkies, then a gang or two, then the cops clear it out. And for a while, it remains cleared. Then the vagrants come back."

He sighed and shook his head. His gaze takes in October as well.

"That place has held this 'hood back since... well... forever. As long as I been here! Only in the last few years did I think they were going to do something. Police came in force, cleared it out. Then we had the new development up the street and a promise of more. Heh! Still waiting on that. At least the cops still come round to keep the peace."

NOTES -
    Kaze October Spark may roll perception (2 successes needed) to notice something off with Old Ben as he speaks:

2+ success on perception

The guy with the spectacles leaps at Spark offer of continued conversation.

"Oh ages! Old Ben might know. Old Ben's been here for as long the neighbourhood's been around. Who owns it? Who knows? Every few years another bill board goes up saying some new company or whatever has bought it. And something exciting is coming. Never does. I think its all a real estate scam to keep the area's house prices low. You know, kinda instant ghetto shit because that old building is a festering sore, man!"

Up close, the ruined building continues to creep the little group comprising Shodan Phoenyx living stone . The Shaman takes the lead, tracing the group's way through the crumbling urban decay, back to the alley and the dark doorway which Cosmo had discovered. Shodan recognises the spot as well from what he had seen of the alley.

The trio plunge in...
    Cosmo converses with the spirit:

<<I live! I feed! I am! I snake through the caverns like the great cables snake and spark! I have always been here. Never as strong till now. Never woken till now. My cables are much larger now. Stronger. They hang outside the cavern wall. So now I am displayed. Seen! I may grow from being unreliable into something more!>>

And then, almost in a whisper:

<<There is another who lives here! Silent and secret. Wont talk to me! Ha! Slumbers! Weak and young mote! Beneath your feet. In the ground. I soar and crawl on the walls!>>

16. Likes Xander, Ruach liked this post
Page 6 of 10 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread