Ended
Watch

Hot Potato Issues

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    A
    Abraham Norton

The Flowering listens to Seraphina's tale. It is full of blank spots, some probably caused by lack of knowledge but let's face it - Entitlements guard their secrets well. It's entirely possible she doesn't tell him everything. Not that he can blame her. He's similarly bound.

"It's amazing" He says because it really is. Enact physical change with nary a thought, wow! "Extremely useful. And extremely dangerous. If they can close wounds in the Dream, who is to say they cannot open them, too? If they enter my mind when I'm most vulnerable, can I know what secrets they will take as payment?" Of course, that'd be a fatal mistake. Blurry limbs or no, a blade to the heart is still deadly "But I'm going to trust you that, if it ever comes to that, you will not do any of us harm. And I'll trust your new... companions that they will use their skills wisely" And if that trust is broken? Better not to think about it now. "You said you can take paths with it. What do you mean by that?"

"Of course I had"
    have? "my concerns. You may have noticed the slight sheen of iron on my skin? It gave me pause, considering our... strained relationship with the element but so far I have noticed no adverse effects - quite the opposite, in fact" Small advantages, but still. It lent credence to the Wardens' words "There was another thing. It's no secret the Wardens want to rein the Hedge in, that's a big part of their sales pitch. And most people will tell you that it's impossible - that it's too old, too vast and too powerful to tame. I had my doubts, I won't lie. But at the risk of sounding overly dramatic..."

He takes a bit of a pie.

"... I figured I'd rather die believing in something, than live believing in nothing" And, if the Spring Queen's activities in the mundane and fae worlds are any indication, they may have something in common there. Cinicism is not their defining trait.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Why wasn’t she surprised he picked out the dangerous parts?

“We can. Everything that can be used for good can also be used for bad. Every Contract we each know can be used to harm another Lost. It’s a risk we live with.” Always negative with him. “While I’m sure there are those who want to be paid for what they do, I’m not one of them. I know how important trust is among us, and that someone’s memories and mind are no place to tread without permission.” Then she nods, “I hope you do trust me. I don’t want to hurt others, I’m not that type of person. And if there are those of the Order that are using their skills for harm, the Order takes it upon itself to root them out and make them suffer. Doing harm is not our way or the way we are taught.” Sure, she could, but that only be if she had to. If it meant her or someone else, or protecting those she cared about. “Yes. Sort of like specializations. Some focus primarily on mental wounds, while some focus more on battle wounds. I haven’t decided my path yet. I want some time to figure everything out, see what calls to me, what the Freehold would most benefit from.” Because what the Freehold needed was very important to her.

“I’m glad there are no adverse effects.” Though entering into a thing such as an Entitlement with adverse effects might make recruitment hard. Sipping her drink, “I can see how some would feel that way about the Hedge. It’s been around for longer than we even know, and who knows all the secrets that lie within. I’m in the fence about it personally. I don’t know enough about it to say one way or another.” So she wouldn’t pick a side of it.

“But I like that. Rather die believing in something then live believing in nothing. It gives us something to grab and hold onto, something to drive us, give us reasons to keep going each day.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"And yet in some cases, the consequences can be more severe than in others" He says "Don't mind me, I'm not trying to imply anything, or criticize you. Just playing devil's advocate, that's all" Certainly, he disputed her judgement on several occasions, even today, but there was no obvious and imminent threat from Sera's newly-found organization. Which didn't mean vigil shouldn't be kept. "So how does one... choose these specializations, progress through the ranks? Is that like a mentor-pupil system or something else?" See above. Although the Spring Queen was beyond reproach on this one, and the Oneirophysics weren't enemies of the Freehold, passing on an opportunity to learn about people who held such power over Dreamscape would be worse than a crime - it'd be a mistake.

Even so, it was reassuring to hear they agree on the paramount role of direction in life "Exactly. Idle hands and all that"

Nearing the month mark! I think it's a good moment to slowly start wrapping up, unless there are more topics needing to be discussed?

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A single shoulder shrugs, “I understand your concerns. And I had my own when I spoke with them. So no worries, I didn’t think you were implying anything. We have to be careful and look at all angles when something is presented to us.” She got it. Then a thoughtful look, “You know, I’m not entirely sure. It was mentioned to me, but not too much detail was given. As I’m at the lowest rung on the ladder so to speak.” She says with some humor. “Gaining a new rank is going to require a lot of study and time. But there are mentors who are there to assist, and a lot of the others specialized in what felt natural to them. Something they have a knack for. So that’s what I’m hoping will happen for me, I’ll display a natural talent for something, and then specialize in it.” That was what she wanted to happen. If it would happen or not, time would tell.

“Idle hands lead to trouble.”
    She says with a laugh, “Or at least that’s how I’ve always gotten into trouble.”

I'm good to start wrapping, they've covered a lot

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"I'm glad you understand" says the Flowering "That said, I believe I've taken too much of your time already. You've given me much to think about. I hope it's mutual" The point of this meeting, as far as he understood and wanted it, was not for them to 'befriend' each other. Full trust was also a long way away. But if they've made any progress towards understanding, then the time isn't wasted.

The shadow of a smile lingers on his face as the Spring Queen admits to getting into trouble "Perhaps you too have quite a few tales to share, hm? We need to organize that story night we talked about before. Autumn seems a good Season for it, doesn't it?" Of course, any day is a good day for a story, but the Time of Harvest sounds particularly fitting. Slowly, the knight-errant rises from his chair.

"I think I'll go for a ride. Don't worry about the leftovers, I'll tidy up when I get back" He needed the freedom of flight. To clear his head "Unless there's anything else?"

Ready to wrap when you are!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Shaking her head, “You’re not taking too much of my time, I enjoy talking with you.” If he bored her, then maybe, yah, she’d be wasting her time. “You have actually, and opened my eyes to a few things as well.” It had been productive in her mind.

Laughing, “Oh, more than a few. And yes! That was such a great idea, one too good to let sit on the back burner.” She was excited to see that come to life, “And Autumn does seem like a very fitting Season for it. We could hold it here, in the Tavern. All sit around the fireplace, warm drinks, finger foods. But, that’s just an idea. I’d like to hear ones you have.” Because surly he had some ideas for it.

The Nix stands as well, and starts to move plates around when he made his offer, “Are you sure? I don’t mind.” She ran a coffee shop, she was used to cleaning up. “I didn’t have anything else. And thank you for sitting down and talking with me, I look forward to doing it again soon.”

Thank you for a great scene!

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.