Ended
Watch

Hot Potato Issues

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Just as they agreed, Abraham was waiting on Seraphina in the Tavern's main hall. Seated at one of the tables, the knight-errant has prepared something for them to munch on as they talk - that is, a large plate of ash-roasted potatoes, with salt, pepper and butter freely available as seasoning. There are also some drinks to the side, all non-alcoholic - if he recalls correctly, the now-Queen of Spring doesn't drink anything stronger than tea.

The thing is, Abraham looked... different. It's not about the clothing - he's in his usual range of colors, browns and darker greens, a casual set of a loong-sleeved shirt and breeches - but those with eyes open to fae matters will notice changes in his mien. But his skin and hair emit a faint metallic sheen,as if they're reflected in iron.

It's clear he's been outside - a sword, a bow with arrows and a knife lie on the bar, and a green duster coat hangs on the nail by the door leading into the Hedge. The Flowering needed to clear his head before today, but he's not been entirely succesful - there are still dark, heavy thoughts swirling in his mind. He tries to force them below the surface, but his grasp on them is tenuous at best.

So for the moment, he is waiting. Taking in the Tavern's ambience and the warmth of a burning out fireplace.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-20 10:40:25 Abraham Norton rolls 5 to Hide emotions (Comp + Subterfuge) (9 Again) 2, 7, 4, 10, 4, 2 1 success

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Treasured arrived on time, wearing a white sweater dress and leather boots. The weather was starting to get a bit colder. Which meant the fall clothes came out. But the black leather gloves were new, and it certainly wasn’t that cold out.

She noticed the smells, pausing to enjoying them.

Beaming, “Abraham, it smells amazing in here!” she compliments walking over to the table, placing a box on the table. “I know it won’t be as good as what you’ve made, but I brought some apple pie and pumpkin pie. I wasn’t sure if you liked either of them, so I got both, and if you don’t, I’m sorry.” But it was apple pie season. Maybe she’d learn to make one. That’d be something!

Taking a moment, “You’re….different.” She observes.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

He nods to the Spring Sovereign in silent thanks "Please, sit" He manages a friendly tone.

The food Sera brought is a nice touch, even if it's just store-bought "Thank you! After a week or so of living only on rotten meat, moldy bread and bad milk I wouldn't mind some actual food. And I like pie perhaps more than I should. I'll be right back" He moves towards the bar and kitchen to retrieve the necessary cutlery before returning.

The Treasured is quick to talk about the elephant in the room "I'm different alright" He admits, getting himself a slice of both pies and one potato, breaking its black crust to reveal the smoky flesh "I heard rumors the other day. Then I found tracks in the Hedge. Turns out, there was a mobile outpost of the Hedge Wardens nearby. It took some convincing, but they've accepted my help and request to join them. Hence why I look the way I look" And he'd be happy to talk about himself even further, but the gloves his Monarch wears give him pause. Somehow, the Flowering finds it hard to dismiss them as simple fashion choice or protection against the elements. He looks at Seraphina's hands, and there's no hiding the concern in both his eyes and voice.

"Is everything well ?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-21 07:34:32 Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Lies? (Wits + Subterfuge) (9 Again) 2, 8, 5, 5, 7, 6 1 success

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Beaming, “Glad I brought them then!” sitting down. “Ew, rotten meat? Just thinking about that makes it obvious I wouldn’t last that long.” Rotten meat? No thanks.

She gets herself a potato and pie, curious to hear what his answer would be. So he’s been in the Hedge. “Oh wow! Congratulation’s! That’s quite an accomplishment! Is joining them something you’ve always wanted to do?” she was clearly very interested in this new development for him.

At some point, she knew it would come up. Following his eyes, she shrugs, “Seems we’ve both been growing and changing. You with the Hedge Wardens, me with, well, my own.” Though hers didn’t give her cool metallic shines. Removing one of the gloves, she reveals what they were hiding. Her hand was semitransparent. “I’m still getting used to them, so the gloves help.” She wasn’t lying, “But I didn’t want to distract from our talk.” The glove is put back on. “I wanted to focus on you.” No deception, she honestly wanted to talk about him. She might be a Fairest, but she was one who cared more about others than herself.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"I have always wanted to be a part of something greater. The Wardens have goals similar to my own, and they are a young enough Entitlement that individual members actually matter" He explains, munching on the food between words "And I won't lie, joining came with some nice benefits. The ability to subsist on things most people consider inedible is one. Dog tags and that fashionable duster coat" The Flowering points to the outer garment by the door "are another"

And then the big reveal comes. Abraham didn't know what he expected to be hidden under that glove, but it certainly wasn't that. At first, his concern only deepens, but the way Sera talks about this... change puts his mind at ease - somewhat. If it was some kind of curse or disease, surely she wouldn't be so calm?

"Focus on me?" He sounds incredulous "Forgive me for saying so, but this brings back memories. Like that one time in high school when I got sent to the principal's office for picking a fight with another kid. In other words, something between a trial and a therapy session" And the Flowering didn't feel like either, but honestly? He should've seen this coming. He's made enough waves lately, on purpose and not, that this kind of talk was only a matter of time.

"Fine. I'm like an open book. But when you're satisfied, I'd like to hear more about this... development of yours. If you feel like sharing" Here's hoping that the lack of definition is just a visual effect, and not a sign that their Queen will soon fade away completely.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She listens with obvious interest, “That is really great!” it sounded like something that made him happy, and that’s what mattered to her. “Oh, so that’s tied into the whole rotten meat thing? I’m sure that has to come in handy if you spend a lot of time in the Hedge.” Sapphires look to the coat, “It is a nice coat, and a color that looks good on you.” But how funny that they both found Entitlements, seems Spring really is flourishing.

Laughing, light and musical, “No, nothing as exciting as that.” She teases, “I wanted to talk about you wanting the Crown. You expressed a strong desire for it. And with the others being against it, I was wondering if maybe we could work on it?” she asks, “Sonnie’s issues were understandable, and seemed like something you and her had worked on. But I’m not sure about Titania. But if you truly desire the Crown, I want to help you.” She wasn’t joking, she was serious.

A single nod, “That’s fair enough, I can agree to that.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"The Crown" Abraham echoes Seraphina, and falls silent for a few very long moments before speaking again "I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated than that" Or maybe it's very simple, and the knight-errant is just overthinking, a trait he accused both Fawkes and Richard of not that long ago?

"I put my candidacy forward because I believed you didn't want to be a Monarch. That you wanted to, excuse the words, get rid of the burden. At the same time, I wanted to ensure the top job does not end up in the lap of a person who is not worthy, not ready - I leave up to you if it was dedication, or petty jealousy. Presented with the impossible choice of either a Monarch who has trouble dealing with reality or no Monarch at all, I decided to present what case I had. Obviously, I was not convincing enough" He smiles sadly "Anyway, once you've shown that the Crown is more for you than a hot potato, and that you don't trust me with it, I withdrew - opting to keep things as they were" As the Siren surely remembers. Or maybe she doesn't. It was a day of some very heated arguments and entangled topics that result from one hell of a mess.

"My involvement with the Wardens complicated matters even further. I can not realistically promise you, or anyone else, that I won't be called away in the middle of the road to attend to a task half the world away. What's more, I'm now bound by Oath not to share the Wardens secrets with outsiders. Simply put, if I accepted the Crown, I'd go against my own position that a Monarch should be constantly and reliably present in the lives of their Courtiers and their Freehold. I am many things, but I try not to be a hypocrite"

He falls silent again. This may be his only chance to ever ascend to throne of any kind, and he's throwing it away. Maybe he could pull it off after all? No, of course he can't. To think otherwise would be folly.

"If you want a piece of unsolicited advice, I say you keep the Crown for now and look for a suitable successor - whether it be one of the Emeralds currently present, or someone who has yet to arrive. You tell no one of this, especially not the future Monarch, and see how they do on their own. When you like what you see, you approach them with an offer"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Complicated? She didn’t think it was complicated, but keeps quiet, curious to hear what he would say.

“The Crown is complicated for me as well. Monarch is something I never inspired to be, I’m not a leader.”
    At least she didn’t see herself as one. “But the way you spoke of wanting it, it sounded like something you Desired, something I always strive to help others fulfill. And as such, was going to help you form better relationships with our fellow Springs, build up some trust with them.” That was her whole idea behind the meeting. “It wasn’t a matter if not trusting you, it was me being uncomfortable with how you handled some past issues. And I couldn’t put my support behind that. But I would have been willing to work with you on it.” Meet in the middle type thing.

“I won’t pretend to know a lot about the Wardens, so I thank you for what you’re sharing. And while it would be a loss to the Freehold to have you called away, I understand. Well, I don’t think you’re a hypocrite, and I’ve never heard anyone refer to you as that. You’ve always struck me as someone very dedicated to his work and protection of the Freehold.” No one could ever deny he always tried to protect the Freehold and its members.

Smirking, “I always welcome advice.” Just like the other Lost, she was still figuring things out. “And your advice is sound and good. I only want what’s best for our Court and to see us all succeed. After all, we are Spring.” The best Season.

“But I don’t want there to be any bad feelings between you and I. And I also don’t want you to ignore your Desires.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

Ah, so a therapy plus counselling after all. Very well.

"Well, Crown or no I'd like to hear what's your idea of... forming better relationships with the other Springs, as you put it. It's a bit weird, though, because some of them do appear to have a better opinion of me than you do. Take Sonnie for example - her and Circe are the only two people in this city who see me as anything more than background noise, and I threatened to hurt them both if they don't do what I say" And threats of violence will do no favors to your relationship with anyone, even if your motives were just and pure. Mostly "Hell, Circe is not even my Season!" And this alone was more significant and telling than one might think.

He actually manages to laugh a little when Sera draws a distinction between lack of trust and her being uncomfortable with his chosen solutions. It is, however, a bitter and subdued kind of laugh "Sounds like semantics to me, but okay" Truth is, he grows more suspicious of the Queen's motives by the second. Sure, whatever scrutiny he applied did not reveal any deception, but what if he's wrong? What if there is some hidden agenda, and this friendly and selfless act is just that?

"Hm. I only wish more people would share your assesment of my dedication. Like Rhodes. What's that he's been saying? Oh, that's right - that my 'assuredness of self' has 'put me at odds with several people in the past'. Now, who could have possibly told him that?" This would be what you call a rhetorical question. There is only one person in this city capable of swaying the Dread Lord's opinion, and that person is currently seated across Abraham.

"I don't have any bad feelings towards you. I think I've made that very clear every time people asked me. I'm just not sure the reverse is also true"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

And it begins.

“If they had such a good opinion of you, why was their support not offered to you to wear the Crown?” valid question to her. “My opinions are formed based of what I’ve observed. From the incident in my coffee shop to the way you called the first meeting of Spring. Calling a meeting without reaching out to the Current Monarch and sitting at the head of the table raised my suspicions of you and what your motives were. I won’t deny it.” She had nothing to hide about that. “So you feel that others see you as background noise because they don’t sing your praise? No one is helping you if they're always singing praise about you. You need to know where you need to improve.” Circe not being a Spring didn’t mean anything to Sera. She didn’t know the type of relationship he had with Circe.

“Hold on a second, Rhodes is quite capable of forming his own thoughts and opinions on others. I hold no sway over that.” An edge creeping into her voice. Her Mantle flaring slightly as the wind stirs up the blossoms. “And quite frankly, that’s very insulting to him, making it sound like he cannot form his own opinions. Maybe you should discuss it with him, or are you worried your weak accusation won’t hold any water? But his assessment is right. Using threats to get your way put you at odds with Sonnie. Which you both seemed to have worked out, which is great. Calling the meeting without reaching out to Ingrid put you at odds as well. The way you spoke at the Winter Coronation put you at odds with others as well. So before you go and attempt to say I influence the thoughts and opinions of others, you better have more substantial proof. Because your actions speak for themselves.” The Mantle finally dies down as she calms herself.

“If I thought differently, I would have said. While you have done things I question, I do tell others how dedicated you have always been to the safety of this Freehold and its residents. Because that is the truth. I’m sorry if that’s not up to some weird standard you’ve developed." this wasn't going how she wanted. She wanted to help him, and this was doing the opposite.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.