A Letter for Lenora

THREADID

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

A letter is left for Lenora at Elysium.

The paper stock of both the envelope and the letter within are unremarkable. But the condition of the missive is pristine. Save for a fat drop of blood, more brown than red at this point, on the back of the envelope where it is sealed.

The front of the envelope is addressed, simply, to Ms. Lenora Black. Its contents, in neat handwritten print, are as follows:

Ms. Black,

I write to request a meeting on [this date] at [this time]. For ease and security, I propose the use of [meeting room] in Elysium. Please let me know if these arrangements satisfy you. I include my telephone number here if you would prefer that means of contact: [phone number]. I look forward to becoming further acquainted.

Under the Hand and Eye of the Lord,
    Patience
    Bishop of the Lancea Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Nosferatu
    Deputy to Reeve Mitnick, Domain of Sacramento

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another letter soon finds it's place where Patience had left her missive for the newest Priscus of the Ventrue. Where the stock of the Lance's paper and envelope were unremarkable, the letter in its former place bore much higher quality. The envelope and paper were thick and the back of the envelope was sealed in red wax with a seal bearing the monogram "LB". The front bore Patience's name in flowing print.

Bishop Patience,

I am pleased our brief discussions elicited this want to become acquainted. You will find me quite receptive to the motion and I agree to your proposal of a meeting in Elysium. Likewise, I am available on the proposed date and have already entered it into my schedule. I am quite satisfied with it all.

Sadly, it seems that much of our communication these nights comes over telephone. Your letter was a rare and welcome treat. Nonetheless, I have included my own contact information should you require more immediate response from me in accordance to your duties as Deputy. You may reach me by phone at [phone number].

I look forward to our rendezvous.

With Gratitude,

Lenora Black
    Priscus of Clan Ventrue

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

Patience finds Lenora's response in Elysium and reads it with interest. The Lord's newly acquired title is duly noted.

This should be interesting.

I'll get the scene up later today!

Closed Thread