Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"This court's turning out to be quite interesting, isn't it? So many new faces in such a short time. The court certainly benefits from New Blood." And some old blood was in the mix. Such a perfect time for things to change.

Dirt Nap and Aiden Whitney- both seemed rather friendly faces. Plenty of those lately as well.
    Anything else?

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

"Opportunity. What else compels us to move, if not the chance for a better life?" A smile and a shrug is given. "Thankfully I was welcome. There are plenty of places with much less accommodating policies to newcomers."

Then to Dirt Nap . "I don't believe I caught your name. Aiden Whitney." A hand is extended in greeting. "Perhaps it was a specific horse." Aiden tilted his head at the piece, and then his eyes slid to Seth.

"They are useful. Though, I've always found them disturbingly intelligent. They have distinct personalities, more so than say dogs or other farm animals. It's unusual in a beast of burden." Unwelcome even.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods amiably along with Seth Kind's observation and assertion that new blood benefits the Court. "I'm glad to hear that, seeing as I feel like I am practically new myself, Mister Kind." he says.

"Well, I go by 'Dirt Nap', but I have a name to do business by, that some seem to be more comfortable with, namely 'Clay Jordan Carter' or any part of that." Dirt Nap says in an agreeable, soft spoken tone, taking Aiden Whitney's hand and returning it without incident.

"I have worked with a lot of horses, as a trainer. They definitely have their personalities, as you say Mister Whitney." he agrees.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

The thought of this Court being 'accommodating' was almost laughable, even if the thief knew just how bad other places could be. "You'll find no shortage of opportunities here. Everyone wants something nowadays." Seth doesn't remark on the comment about a specific horse being drawn.

"I'd say we're both newcomers dirt-... Mr. Carter. Relatively speaking- yet to make our marks here in a way, truly sink our fangs in?" Well. 'Fangs.' "That's how I feel anyways."

Animals having personalities wasn't the most unusual thing to the thief- and given the barebones of what he knew about kindred capabilities, the Norvegi knew some could speak to the creatures, even influence them. "Perhaps spending so much of their existence connected to us in such a manner has changed them." Though Mr. Kind was by no means an animal expert.
    Anything else?

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

"You have the kind of patience I sorely lack, Mr. Carter." A small chuckle is offered by Aiden. "Our condition doesn't cause your horses distress?" Maybe it wasn't that animals disliked kindred. Maybe they just disliked Aiden.

At Seth's comment of feeling new. "I wonder, how would you want to sink your fangs in? What would constitute making your mark in the Domain?" Would it be high office or politics, defending the city from some unknown enemy, or maybe he just wanted a proper haven to live in comfort. Aiden had his own ideas about success, though they may not quite align with the Mekhet before him. Ventrue ambition was seldom small.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods to Seth Kind's inclusive words as the two of them are on equal footing. "I could agree with you there Mister Kind," he says softly.

He goes still at Aiden Whitney's words and stays still and silent for a long minute after Aiden finishes speaking. "I suppose they do, though they aren't actually my horses, and they are so skittish and easily spooked by nature--even the Kine are predator enough to spook a horse--it doesn't seem to make training em any harder than it would be for a breathing man." Dirt Nap observes.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

omg sorry for the delay!!

Animals and humans alike could certainly be afraid by a kindred's presence- though, from what little the thief knew this was attributed more to those of their kind that had started to bankrupt themselves morally. Some kindred could apparently appear quite human without the Blush, which was curious.

Mr. Carter's agreement was taken... Well, it was nice. Perhaps the two had more in common than the thief thought. "That's about the reaction we could all expect I suppose- it's not as if we can hide what we are. Not entirely, anyways." Not said in a pitiful tone, more just a fact of this new unlife.

"We all make quite the pair... er... Triangle. Perhaps new folks like us should stick close."
    Anything else?

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

"Do we Mr. Kind?" A sly smirk drew across Aiden's face. "I suppose the new and the young gravitate towards each other." A gesture was made towards the Acolytes and some of the other groups of Kindred around the room. "Just as the established and the known do." And over time the new get drawn in and become established. Then even more of the new come. In no time, Aiden would go from being the outsider, to being the one looking down from on high. The only prerequisite to crossing that threshold was survival.

Aiden then glanced down towards his watch, and an eyebrow raised. "It's getting later isn't it? And I've lost all track of time. If it's agreeable, I'd love to collect your numbers. Perhaps we could meet again after I've had time to settle in a bit more? I'd love to stay, but I'm absolutely famished."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"No, not hide, Mister Kind." Dirt Nap agrees, thoughtfully. "Change maybe, but not hide, I guess."

Dirt Nap nods at Seth Kind's casual suggestion that it might be good to stick together. "I'd rather get along with folks than not, when it's up to me." he says.

When Aiden Whitney suggests exchanging contact information, Dirt Nap his phone number. "I might not answer right away, Mister Whitney, but I'll see it and call back alright if I don't." he says in a reassuring tone. He nods to Aiden Whitney in farewell as he leaves.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Touching base with a new friend, and hopefully making a new one. Always cheery meeting new people.

Thanks guys!
    Anything else?

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Closed Thread