Meats and Sacred Places (Private)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"We aren't the Storm. What you are feeling right now is part of being alive, we don't deny that. Unlike some." The man shakes his head, not at Matt that is obvious, but at the other Tribes.

"What we are is focused. Now." A hand does raises for a second before falling and the man resumes walking. "That's not to say that some of us don't take on grand obligations, quests if I'm up on the new lingo you're generation took from the ones long dead. There are some who do but most of us focus in. We Hunt. That is what we are."

He grins. "Here. Now. This is what I do. This is my Hunt, my devotion to the Black." A hand rises again and a finger extends before the man decides not to push his luck by poking Matt in the chest.

"So then if you can't tear apart everyone whose being an asshole, and trust me that's the world, what is Sacred to you? See that's the thing, its what you consider Sacred. What is something to you that's inviolate but tangible still? It doesn't have to be something permanent or that will last for ever. I know one of us who considers a frozen lake way up north to be Sacred. During the warm months he doesn't really care what happens to it as long as no one pollutes it, just common sense there. But during the winter? That is the most pristine frozen lake you have ever set your eyes on."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt ponders. "So, basically, what is something I will tear someone up if they mess with it? Pack. People I decide don't get messed with. By anyone. I guess that's it mainly. Is that what you're asking? I think people are more important than things or even places. Some people, anyway."

Matt looks at the stranger, tester, mentor (?) intensely.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"People.. people and People can be Sacred yes. That can be its own pain in the ass because of that whole free will... thing." A hand waves flippantly at the last word. Almost mischievous eyes look intently back at Matt.

"But if that is what you consider Sacred and decided to protect that is between you and the Black Wolf. Sure some of us may throw shit at you from time to time but that happens." The scuffs his foot against the sidewalk as he walks. "It's the Oath you'll make that will test you. It's not something to take lightly. Doubly so with what we are. The Talons would beat you, the Storms would shun you, the Shadows would make you regret closing your eyes, and the Irons well shit. Sneaky fucks right there. Not our sneaky no we win there. Devious sneaky. Honor to Red Wolf and all but his children can be down right devious." He chuckles at an unshared memory.

"No we hunt and we follow. If this is the path you take don't make me regret starting you on it ya hear? I have things to do." Stern fades to humor as he finishes his sentence with a wink.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt is uncharacteristically silent for a moment, pondering. "I keep my oaths." he says. "I don't really know what this is though. If I make an oath to protect People. Who am I hunting and stalking? Like really, stalking them to protect them? I mean. Yeah. I guess I would have to, wouldn't I?" he says in wonder at the thought occurring to him for the first time. "I am not really protecting them if I don't keep track of where they are and what they're doing."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

The man nods his head in an action movie mockery of a sagely nod. "Yes, exactly! That's the sort of thing you should be asking yourself."

"The oath is to Let No Sacred Place in Your Territory be Violated." Movement stops. "How do you protect those people from being violated? What is being violated? See how living things make things more complex? Not to dissuade you from it no. That is the question though. Your Hunt may be to watch over them or to take care of problems before those problems are problems for your people."

"You don't necessarily have to go 1984 on them and I doubt most people would like that either. But again your Hunt is your own. The rest of us may just offer advice, sagely or otherwise at times."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt nods thoughtfully. "Yeah. It's a lot harder than just picking place and tearing up anyone who tries to mess it up." He shrugs. "I guess I would focus on where they sleep anyway, so it's kind of like a place. I mean, I couldn't follow everyone around at the same time anyway, even if I wanted to, or felt like it was the Right Thing to do."

"I guess there's a line there, but I don't really care that much if they like it, if it keeps them safe."

Matt ponders again. "I can hack, but I don't want to do illegal stuff. People get caught, and I wouldn't be much help then." he says. "I just have to get better at being sneaky in the physical world." he shrugs.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"That all sounds." A hand waves. "Like a you thing. Almost an Iron thing but that may just be me being old." Melancholy shows for a moment before it moves into calm. "I don't really get computers, but hey if that's your thing have at it. Just don't get caught."

"Bad things happen to those who get caught."

Then the mischevious grin returns. "So if this is what you want. What you want to Be then I'll show you there. Just one little thing to do first."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt grins, an eager feral expression, and readies himself visibly to full alertness! “Do it.” He grunts in a low rumble.

Prepared to us Clarity to get first initiative in a fight!

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

The grin grows larger. "Well. Since you put it that way."

And the man vanishes from sight.

Then a rustle and footsteps as the man starts to run. "Hunt." His voice calls back.

We can hand wave this part if you'd like to get Matt inducted sooner? If not I guess roll for a footchase?

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt shifts, sniffs and immediately gives chase!

Yes! Handwaving is fine, just please do tell me what happened in case it comes up! I want Matt to be able to do that! (i.e. Vanish and the other Stealth Gifts!)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2