Meats and Sacred Places (Private)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

It's odd when you think of it. Half-human, half-spirit and you'd think that'd make the People fall a certain way. But nope, some stay as human as they can and some give in the darkness to just about as far as one can before they have to be hunted down.

The man takes another long pull of the delicious calorie filled chocolate milkshake he found on his way to this store. It's no Sacred Place that's for sure. Well maybe to the wolf the man is waiting for but maybe its just laziness. The man knows how easy it can be for a Wolf to live around people. That's part of the challenge and joy of escaping into the few places left where a Wolf can run free.

But for now the man waits and the man Hunts. Though not subtly. A cowboy hat over flannel and some ripped jeans make him look like a guy who really really enjoys barbecue but his smell. Well any half-spirit knows what he is.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt can smell a wolf. Alert and ready, he spots the man, moving towards him, a smile that could be the beginning of a snarl on his face. "Hey." he says.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Shifting the man glances at Matt before stiffening ever so slightly and looking at Matt. Then after a long pause he takes an even longer pull of his milkshake.

"The old guy wasn't joking when he said you weren't hard to miss." Dark eyes track up and down Matt before intently staring at his face. "Maybe a bit to punchable of a face though." Another pull on the milkshake.

"Anyway the old guy told me you had an interest in places most people ignore." The irony in the statement is that the man looks easily in his mid 50s himself.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt snarls, "Nobody's been able to reach high enough to punch me in the face for a while." Then, somewhat mollified, he says, "I liked him. How's he doing anyway? He didn't say goodbye, just went to the otherside and didn't come back. He was old fashioned, stick in the mud, but all about Purity." His tone is half mystified and half sad, but not bitter at all.

"I did tell him I wanted in though. To hunt in the dark places; to protect the sacred ones. Is that why you're here?" Matt asks, trying to be intimidating but too curious and intrigued to do so in more than halfhearted pro forma fasion.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-20 14:31:38 Matt rolls 6 to Intimidation(Presence 4 + Intimidation 2) (10 Again) 4, 5, 6, 4, 1, 10, 5 1 success

7. Likes Stray liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

The chocolate shake is extended and tilted. "See there's the problem, people think in a straight line. It's not about reaching up its about bringing you down to a better height." A giant grin spreads across the man's face.

"That's how it is with some of us. We hear the call and follow. The old man is good though. Kept moving on when I saw him last. Looked like he was hunting something but never said what." Another pull of the shake which ends with whistling in the straw. The man stares intently down the straw for a moment before throwing the now empty cup into a nearby trash can.

"The worst or best of us, depends who you ask, are hide bound traditionalists. Great to have on your side and very... tedious when they aren't. Trust me, its not worth it. I'm still not sure if I can wander Wyoming." Hands flow together and then arms cross. "I am here to see you either join us or see you prove to me why you shouldn't join us."

"Lets take a walk, should be a bit quieter." The man nods towards the street and a sidewalk that are empty of humans.

3 suxx to save against fear
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-23 20:46:39 The man rolls 8 to Fear? (10 Again) 4, 6, 7, 10, 5, 4, 7, 8, 8 3 successes

9. Likes Mark, Stray, Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt grunts and moves to follow where the other wolf indicates, alert and wary.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-23 23:54:29 Matt rolls 4 to perception Wit 2 composure 2 (10 Again) 9, 2, 2, 1 1 success

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Loose steps carry the man effortlessly towards the empty sidewalk. His steps aren't gliding though, each step is solid and sure.

"So lets start with the complicated thing. The old man let me know you are still young to this life but that you aren't a fresh pup. So we can get to the blood and claws later." A side glance at the hulking Rahu then the man looks forward and continues walking.

"What is sacred to you? Not what you think I want to hear or whatever bullshit these ramble have fed you in the past. You. What is Sacred to you?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt snorts derisively at the mere thought of saying what someone wants to hear rather than his actual thoughts!

What’s sacred to me? Whatever is real, not fake. Any place that is what it says it is, no watering it down. Nature with no one trying to pretty it up. Churches with no one trying to make everyone act like they’re perfect and being hypocrites, bars where you can get drunk and act drunk with no one trying to make you leave, gyms where you can lift as much as you can and grunt and scream and sweat wherever you damn well sweat without anyone trying to clean it up, forums online where no one gets banned for hurting someone’s feelings.” Matt rants sounding not unlike a grumpy old man himself!

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

For the first several words the man keeps walking. Then as Matt goes deeper the man stops and just looks at the Rahu.

"That's uh, quite a bit of..things." A glance down at his own empty hand, should have gotten two shakes.

Hazel eyes stare intensely at Matt's. "How.. exactly would you stop those places from being violated? That is the Oath we make."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt looks down, suddenly sheepishly, angry and frustrated. "Yeah. I don't know. I can't just tear everyone up when they're messing it up, being hypocrites or just assholes." he says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last