Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth had yet to hear of his sole Carthian ally for awhile- and it had been some time since he'd recieved his mission. Things could have changed.

Luckily, the thief had done a bit of work in recruiting a few potential allies. But given recent events, and the span of time, the thief thought it best to reconnect with his mortal contact. Back to the bar, and asking around- with Thomas Boyle and Jacque ready to dial in case it became useful to have them arrive.

Anything else?

S
    Steven

The brewery is rather slow and as Seth makes his way in, his contact is easy to spy.

"Hello Seth," Trev says as he pours a stout and hands it to one of patrons. "On your tab?" He asks the patron who nods. Trev turns back to Seth, "Beer?"

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"sure thing." Seth didn't actually know what might happen if booze got in his system. but, nothing wrong with keeping up the masquerade. And trying new things.

"I realize we haven't spoken in awhile- so forgive me for being blunt. I don't know where Graham is, and enough time has passed that... Plans might have changed. I have made some potential friends as well, for whatever happens. Speaking of which. What happens now." Granted Thomas was taken by their court, and Jack was... a potential risk. Also granted that talks showed that the two were... Tense. Regardless, Seth thought they would make good allies.
    Anything else?

S
    Steven

"Nothing. Nothing happens now. The opportunity is lost," Trev heads into the back room and gestures for Seth to follow, can't talk openly about this in front of the customers. Once in the back room...

"The guy you all were supposed to be meeting, and helping, he's dead. Suicide. He shot himself in the face... twice." There was an obvious rhetorical question there... how does one shoot themselves in the face twice... "Our Invictus friend, has came and went. As has your opportunity with the Carthian Movement."

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

So... That was it then?

"And now what. I walk out of here, keen to stay hush about this place, encouraged to forget?" It wasn't really a threat... Not yet. More a genuine inquiry, if not a concern, as to what happened next. The Mekhet, of which Mr. Kind was immortally bound with, so adored secrets and exploiting them. Would this Carthian representative simply let him walk out, knowing of this place and their plot? The thief wasn't as deluded to think the group as being more kindhearted.

The thief hadn't brought his weapons this time, which was most certainly foolish in hindsight. Perhaps the best bet, if there wasn't an additional chance here, would be them thinking Mr. Kind too little of a threat.
    Anything else?

S
    Steven

“Well, That is entirely up to you Mr. Kind. You and your friend were offered an opportunity, you let that opportunity go by. So, what do you have to offer the Movement that will earn your passage out of here?” The normally hipster nice pleasant man’s face just turned into one of all business and no fucks given. No, of course Seth was not going to be able to just walk out of here...

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

So be it. The beast seeped into the Kindred's thoughts as malicious capability from this mortal sprung forth.

"I would hope that not stoking a vendetta in an immortal thief-knife would be enough incentive." now THAT was toned quite appropriately as something rather veiled. Granted the Norvegi had little experience in these matters, and wasn't quite sure how such an approach would be taken.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-25 13:33:44 Seth Kind rolls 4 to Veiled Threat (Manipulation+Intimidation-Untrained) (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 7, 6, 8 1 success

"I'm still willing to conduct business. My services are always available, and my dislike for the Company hasn't changed." He had taken his time to be sure. Was it hypocritical of the thief to be critical of the mundane man? It didn't matter, perhaps. But if anything funny started here... Well, this man had better hope whatever contingency lay in store was foolproof. For Mr.Kind was quite the expert at Foolery.
    Anything else?

S
    Steven

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-26 20:29:33 Trev rolls 5 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 3, 6, 8, 3, 1 1 success

Trev smiles that small smile, "You are adorable Seth. I have been threatened by far bigger and far badder then you."

The Carthian representative leans against the wall, "I understand you are still willing to do business. And so am I. I brought you an opportunity, and you dropped the ball. Now, you must bring me something. Or someone."

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Well, intimidation hadn't worked. Granted it wasn't the thief's forte, but still- a tinge of disappointment.

And he was NOT adorable.

"You wish for me to find you a potential target? Or perhaps an ally? Actually, on that matter- I have made friends with a member of the Crone, and they seemed amicable to the idea of conspiracy. I was also reached out to by a whip- Jaque. I don't suppose you have anything to do with that? I am unsure how to feel about working with the man. Regardless, they could make potential allies in... Well, whatever we decide. I don't know the Company in this area well enough, so some research might be necessary to find a good target- or someone with connections. Unless you expect me to actually hunt down a member of the Court?"

It's not as if Seth was against the notion, but he didn't exactly have a good target. The Harpy had been gone for some time-perhaps someone in the Prince's circle? Though he was unsure who among that group might make for a feasible-enough kidnapping.
    Anything else?

S
    Steven

Trev nods his head along with the Seth’s words, “Those all sound like very good options. The Herald of the Prince, no, I most certainly didn’t call up an Invictus puppet and tell him to get ahold of you to break the domain laws. Recruit a Carthian to help you, and bring the herald if you think he can be trusted, I don’t by the by, and let’s see what we can get sorted.”

Closed Thread