Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx... laughs. Actually laughs. "That makes sense!"

The Arrow frowns. "I can do that myself... and joining destinies sounds extreme for an example." Her expression brightens. "This is why I like Force, and Life. There are a lot of great examples of magic one can do." She cocks her head to one side. "I know very little about Death. With it being the Inferior Arcana of the Golden Key, I don't expect to spend any time learning it. Is it an interesting magic to learn?"

Phoenyx nods, seemingly relieved someone thinks the same. " It is annoying! Shodan actually has good thoughts if you actually press him for them. If you challenge him logically, you can have some very thoughtful discussions. Cosmo.... just seems to think he knows best, but I have spent very little time with him outside of Concillium. I am meeting him soon. Hopefully his thoughts will also have some reasonable basis."

She sips the last of her tea and sets the cup back on the table. "Winter takes his duties very seriously. He only says things when they are relevant, so when he does I suggest taking note. Some people find him miserable, but I find his candor very easy to understand. The Hierarch won a duel for the right to lead the Concillium. That was shortly after I arrived. He was very skilled, beating the Leader of the Adamantine Arrow at the time. He has always had the respect of the mages here." Phoenyx gives a small shrug. "What do you want to know?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “It is a bit extreme, and one I prefer to use when shit hits the fan.” And she was outnumbered. “I found it interesting to learn. But then again, it sort of came natural to me giving my profession, I see it almost daily. I won’t lie, I’ve used a few of the spells in the operating room, being able to see the Death around someone is useful. And shaping shadows has saved my butt a few times.” She was ok with death, it was a part of life for her. Natural. "But it isn't for everyone, some find it morbid and disgusting." she shrugs.

“He invited me to talk a couple weeks ago and it was really enjoyable. Cold pizza and beer, perfect afternoon for me." and she sounded serious. "And we had quite a few thoughtful discussions, a bit scattered, but all good. The Circle was my first run in with Cosmo.” She says, “And maybe it’s just me, but when I’m first coming to a new area, I try and get a feel for everyone before I start being all high and mighty." a shrug, “But, maybe that’s just how he is and we need to learn to look past it. I don’t know.” Time will tell, it always did.

“So is that why he’s so quiet? I figured maybe he just didn’t like people, or new people.” She was joking of course. “Miserable? Seriously?” she looked thoughtful for a moment, and then shakes her head, “No, I don’t think he’s miserable, just maybe prefers to talk with people who are more intelligent and have something worth saying. It’s a bit intriguing really.” But the word Duel caught her attention more, “Really? A Duel? Damn, nice. And beating an Arrow, impressive. I tend to not question how a Hierarch got their position, because I know only powerful Awakened can claim it.” And that was enough for her. “Nothing too major, just enough to get the basic feel for the people and the area. Anyone I need to keep an eye on and be careful around, that sort of thing.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Shaping Shadows?" Phoenyx asks. "Is that a bit like controlling the light in an area?"

Phoenyx offers the barest hint of a shrug. "He has strong opinions. It is a common Obrimos trait to be willful, even in the face of others. I hope learning about his views will help make them more understandable."

The Arrow pauses, thinking. "Perhaps. More people means more potential breaches of the Veil. Miserable was a poor choice of word. Personally I find his discipline assuring." She does her small smile. "Oh yes. The Concillium was struggling to make decisions and Alastor, the previous Arrow Leader, said he would assume the position of Hierarch unless someone more suited challenged him. Campenela defeated Alastor in a Wizard's duel." The First Talon is lost in a moment in memory. "Well, you know everyone now that I know. Aside from the new arrivals, Winter and the Hierarch, Kaze is basically a big puppy that can break your arm in three places." She smiles fondly. "I think that's everybody. I would still say watch your back in case the Seers aren't as gone as the Hierarch thinks and this "new ally" is someone to watch out for."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “Not really. It’s about manipulating and giving shape to existing shadows around you. It’s really handy if you need to hide. Then you can pull the shadows around you, forming them to be darker and thicker. Saved me a few times.” She says with a nod. “So a very useful trick to have.” Not being a fighter meant she had to work with what she had.

“Nothing wrong with strong opinions. But when you stop hearing opinions of others or even considering them, it’s a problem. I just felt like the thoughts of those around weren’t heard, and that pisses me off. Every opinion has merit if given the chance. But I share you view on it, maybe talking with him more and learning more about his views will help.” Sometimes people just wanted to be heard. No matter how annoying and loud they were.

“It might not be a poor choice of word, it could be accurate for some. I just tend to stay away from words like that until I know someones story. Or as much as they’re willing to share. Our past shape us into who and what we are today. So I think it’d be interesting to get him talking on a subject he felt passionate about, bring him to life so to speak.” She says with a laugh. “Haven’t seen many Duels, but the ones I have seen were always spectacular. The sheer force some have with their Arcana is breathtaking. A bit scary too.” Cause yah, powerful.

Smirking, “Well, I can set the bone then.” She jokes. “But it is weird how some people can appear like a big puppy, but can fight like that. Always good to be the one no one expects.” Maybe she’d surprise people someday. “Oh, no worries there. One should never let their guard down when it comes to Seer’s. Speaking of the new ‘ally’ what do you make of that? I tend to not trust someone until they’ve proven to me I can.”

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The First Talon frowns. "Hiding is rarely my first strategy - I tend to be more direct. I hope you were not hiding from something serious."

A shrug. "Shodan and Winter do not see eye to eye. I have not seen him enthused before, but I know he values competency and dilligence. If there is a more.... casual side, I have never seen it in the year I have been here."

"Not scary. Exciting." Phoenyx smiles. "It was very impressive. I found it inspiring - from both Compenella and Alastor. It made me want to focus on my Arcana more, and become a better Mage."

The Arrow blushes slightly. "Kaze is much better with people than me. He can be eager. But he's honest, and loyal." The talk about the mysterious ally makes her think. "I trust Campenella's judgement, but I would feel much better if we knew who this ally actually is." She shrugs. "Perhaps we will, in time."

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Well you’re also trained to fight. Where I'm not. I’m the type who tends to hide, sometimes in plain sight, and attack covertly. And serious enough that remaining unseen keep me alive.” But it didn’t sound like a big deal to her.

Snorting, “That’s pretty obvious. Lock those two in a room and watch the fireworks.” They’d probably kill each other. “Really? Haven’t seen a casual side? Huh. Maybe no one’s found the right topic.” And now she was curious.

“I meant scary in the sense of seeing the raw power someone else has at their fingertips."
    but maybe that was just her way of looking at it.

“All good traits to have.” She confirms. “I think once I get to know him better, I’ll be able to trust him more. I haven’t really gotten the chance to sit down with him yet, so it’s harder for me to say I completely trust him. But as Hierarch, I have respect and a fair amount of trust.” As the position granted him. “I’m curious as to what deal was struck and what the cost of it is. Because lets face it, nothing is free.”

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx smiles nodding. "Yes. If you aren't trained to fight it is better to have ways to endure."

She shrugs. "Maybe. But he doesn't seem to want to talk much."

The Arrow cocks her head. "We all have that kind of power. It is amazing to watch. It would be interesting to Square the Circle for something."

She nods in agreement. "It was something he was willing to pay for the Concillium. I want him to share it with us, but he was not ready. If it becomes important, all we can do is be ready."

Nearing a month. Shall we start wrapping up?

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “That’s always been my way. Keeps me alive.”

Thinking for a moment, “Not wanting to talk much doesn’t mean he won’t. I’m not the type to pry and be annoying, but I’m curious.” Which could end up being a bad thing.

“We do. But it’s always a sight to see those at a higher level. I’d be down for watching some friendly duels.” Might be good to see what others could do. Know a bit better where she stood.

Finishing her tea, “Maybe one day he’ll be ready to share it. Could be one of those things he needs to work out for himself before he’ll feel comfortable telling us. Or he might never.” A shrug, “I just hate blind trust.” When it came to other Awakened.

“This tea was really good. I don't usually drink tea, but this one was quite enjoyable."

Sounds good, was a great scene!

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The grin is given a small smile. "Just stay behind me."

If she wanted to try and coax out Winter, that was up to her. Phoenyx wondered if she might actually do it.

"I'm not sure that is a thing. The only times I've seen the Circle Squared was for matters of honour and position. But if it is I'd like to see that too."
    Showing off your skills? Very Obrimos.

She nods. "It is difficult, because of who we are. But we have to police ourselves. Campenella is Wise, I know that much. But regardless of him and what he does, the Arrows serve the Concillium, not the person in the chair. It creates order and makes things easier. It was chaos before that."

A small smile. "We could do this again, if you like. I have a lot of tea you could try."

this was fun! thanks for the scene

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Damn, thought I'd closed this. Closing up now.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread