Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora listens as the remaining Lords speak, remaining still with the exception of her head as it moves to face each in turn as they offered their parting opinions.

"You are both correct," she says after a long moment of consideration, "Naturally, it would suit our family's image to boast an established member in at least one of our offices and it would indeed deter questions from those who choose erroneously to make our agenda their business. However, it is likewise true that placing the Herald as Whip will also incur some judgement. Yet the Herald has also declined the seat of Priscus."

Looking to Aiden.

"It therefore would fall to me to prove I am not a puppet. I am more than confident in my abilities to do so," she says, "As such, I am willing to risk the placement of the Herald as our Whip over the establishment of an impulsive power play. Such an act could reflect poorly on both of us and I do not desire to foul my burgeoning place here, nor do I wish the same for you. With that in mind, the Whip is a position assigned by the Priscus based on their aptitude with maintaining the morale of the clan and assisting in the growth of our collective merit, and, should Whip Jack fail in that regard, I will naturally revisit your placement. I trust you understand, Mr. Whitney."

Then the gaze returns to Jacque.

"Herald, as you have now regained your title of Whip, I must request of you what I did with Mr. Whitney moments ago," she begins, "In the absence of a Harpy, I would like you to make a note of Mr. Boyle's poor conduct. Further, in his failure to seek resolution with me via Prestation, you have my leave to mention his misdeeds to Her Majesty at your discretion. Should she ask for a statement from myself, I will gladly give it. However, given the new laws it is my understanding that I must go through you to establish a meeting if the gesture is required."

Then a pause as she offers a look to each of her cousins. Yes, she had said earlier she wanted the dispute to be private. Yes, she was now willing for it to go public. Thus, she sensed a need to explain the sudden shift.

"If Boyle wishes to retain the Crone's rejuvenated status, the public pressure will drive him to settle our dispute more quickly," she explains, "I doubt his Circle will want to weather the stains."

It was all about Control. Boyle had thought Lenora wouldn't bite. It was time he learned she too had fangs. Just as long as his. Bringing the matter to the public was a cruel tactic, but Lenora needed to establish her right to the title of Priscus early. If this complicated Thomas' Requiem, that was... regrettable, but necessary.

With all she had said, the meeting felt like it was finally coming to a natural end.

"Given our lives these nights, I understand the need to grant each of you time to clear your schedules for our individual meetings," she said, "As such, I will not contact you pertaining them until October. Additionally, per our agreement, we will revisit the placement of Priscus on December 9th. As neither of you have brought up additional concerns, I see no longer for this gathering to burden our nights further."

"I, Priscus Black, hereby declare this meeting adjourned," she concludes, hitting her fist on the table twice.

Good to wrap! What a rollercoaster and great scene!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

And just like that, Jacque was Whip again. He bowed his head to signal acceptance of the appointment with a natural aura of Lordly pride.

He nodded at the request, "If I may be so bold as to suggest an alternative to airing our laundry to the Prince?" He turning his head between the two remaining Lords, "I was not being manipulative when I said that he will know Her Majesty's displeasure. It is coming simply from his own arrogance and disrespect." Tilting a hand over, "I propose we see where that goes first. The leverage of his fate may play back into your hand naturally, Priscus."

At the call for adjournment Jack rose to his feet, wishing everyone a good evening and shaking hands.

Great scene! I'll leave the thread open for a yay/nay from Lenora and final thoughts from Aiden.

Blood Hunt:

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

A nod of acceptance is given when Lenora gives the position of Whip back to Jacque. There was no point in making a scene as their other cousin had done. Besides there was always another chance in three months time.

Thomas was given little further consideration than that passing thought. Whatever consequences that arose would not bare Aiden's fingerprints, and he had no doubt the other two Lords would see that comeuppance came swiftly and severely without his help.

"Here is my contact information for our one-on-ones. Feel free to call any time." With that Aiden scrawled his phone number down on a scrap of paper. "Hopefully, there will be fewer fireworks next time." Jacque's hand was given a firm shake, and a slight bow of the head was given to the Priscus before Aiden made his way out into the night.

Awesome scene everyone! Thanks for a wild welcome back.

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"If we were to meet his disrespect with silence, what message does that send? A statement is necessary, Whip Jack," Lenora offered, "However, as I said, use your discretion. So long as the Prince is made aware that we are less than pleased with his behavior, I am content. You are correct in saying Her Majesty may not need all the details, but she must be informed Thomas Boyle is no longer a Ventrue held in good standing among his family. In doing so, we distance ourselves from his missteps and ensure the Prince understands that we are in alignment with the goals of her Praxis."

Jack didn't want to strike hard. That was fine. However, a strike needed to be delivered, even if it was delicate.

A nod is given as Aiden provides his contact information.

"Excellent, Mr. Whitney, I will be in touch," she said.

A handshake is granted to Jacque and Whitney's reverence is noted with a nod of acknowledgement.

Awesome stuff!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

That's a wrap! Looking forward to status.

Blood Hunt:

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread