(Echelon) Taking Up the Reins

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

(Heal 1 Lethal)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

A long, silent moment. Patience examines him. The weight of her gaze feels like a swarm of gnats.

"Where is the hard drive on a computer? Show me on yours." The Haunt really doesn't know. Computers don't kill people. Not in her experience. And that tends to be her business. Killing.

Her eyes flick down at the keys. Back up to the Reeve.

"Very well. I will take your car. No need for the extra equipment. Or the extra help. It'll be easier if I am alone."

Patience reaches out, her long, pale fingers looking too thin. She picks up the slip of paper. Looks at it.

"I understand."

She pockets the paper. Eyes return to Derek.

"Anything else, Reeve Mitnick?"

Under the sleeve of her coat, where the Shadow cannot see, a winding cut on her right arm slowly stitches itself shut.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"If it's a laptop like this you can just take the whole thing. They're meant to be portable. If it's a desktop computer there is a rectangular case that houses the components including the hard drive. Open that case, with force if necessary. The hard drive will be a thin flat rectangle with a metal backing. There will be a ribbon cord attached to it that you can remove. If you're not certain just smash the whole thing."

Derek watches her move to take the keys. The paper. She says she understands, but she says so little. Like a still dark pool of water hiding the movement beneath its surface.

"Preserve the First Tradition and don't be seen or caught. Go with God, Deputy."

Good to wrap! I'll make thread for Derek to meet Eric Mathison and you can make a thread for Patience to head to Eric's home address! Don't forget to tag Steven!

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

His explanation will serve. If all else fails: smash. Patience can understand that.

"I will, Reeve Mitnick. Have no doubt, God will bless our endeavors. We are about His business."

She stands, collects the keys. "I will be in touch. Good evening."

With that, she strides out of the room. Her gait is purposeful, but strangely arhythmic

She reclaims her duffel bag at the coat check and leaves the club.

Sorry for the delay--sounds good! Thanks for the scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread