Domain Titles

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

I tried to find the post/wiki page on the matter of domain titles but my search abilities fail me today so I'm just going to go in blind.

Some time back EoD instituted a 'one domain title per toon' rule. We had enough toons to support this rule so all was hunky dorey and it was a neat way to try to figure out what really motivates your toon.

Fast forward to today and whelp ... we have some gaps in our city power structure (Totally looking at the lack of a Daeva Priscus here for a number of months yup).

So before I (and maybe others) move forward with some IC decisions for my character, I wanted to see where this ruling stood. Are we sticking with it or has it become Overcome By Events?

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

I loved the rule when it was implemented. We had some characters that were hording all the titles and it was preventing others from advancing.

But I agree with you. There are gaps we need to fill and the current size of the venue I think supports characters holding multiple titles until more characters enter play. I've always liked seeing new characters step up and into positions.

Though that is just my opinion on it.

S
    Strong King

There are definitely gaps, but the consolidation of titles is also something that can very quickly become a problem.

At the same time, it can be asked what positions matter more and to focus on holding the most important - which can very much be an IC thing! As it stands if that title looks really tempting, may be time to resign one and take the other.

Looking at the chart there is no clan that can't support a priscus based on title assignments.

I would lean on 1 title per, and use that as an opportunity to propel people within your spheres or allies to take titles that you may not be able to, or like I said debate the merits of a title swap. Makes things fresh and gives people some ooo's and aah's when the notice it.

Twist Scenes

I tried to find the post/wiki page on the matter of domain titles but my search abilities fail me today so I'm just going to go in blind.

Some time back EoD instituted a 'one domain title per toon' rule. We had enough toons to support this rule so all was hunky dorey and it was a neat way to try to figure out what really motivates your toon.

Fast forward to today and whelp ... we have some gaps in our city power structure (Totally looking at the lack of a Daeva Priscus here for a number of months yup).

So before I (and maybe others) move forward with some IC decisions for my character, I wanted to see where this ruling stood. Are we sticking with it or has it become Overcome By Events?
    Hello!

The original rule appeared to be set in the Requiem 2015 thread, but then was repealed in the Vampire 2016 thread by Crow. That is the last of the discussion that I can find anywhere on it. The Priscus wiki page states that Prisci are precluded from other Domain positions but that doesn't appear to have ever been removed after Crow's ruling.

Ultimately the decision would be up to Steven on if he would like any of that to change.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Steven

So One domain title means that I cannot be a Deputy and the Harpy. Or I cannot be the Herald and the Reeve. This I still agree with, but it can be handled in character if needed.

What is a totally in character discussion is that someone should not be the Seneschal, Heirophant and Priscus. Those are three separate organizations. Clan, Covenant and Domain titles are not related to each other. If someone is sitting on all three of those titles, and it seems to be a problem that is up to their clan-mate, covenant-mate, or Domain members to resolve, not the OOC staff.

Twist

Mask of Tranquility
    Sand

Only if it is abused.

And IC goes both ways. Twist is Hound but she just as badly wants to be Priscus. And it makes sense for her. She is the oldest Daeva in the group. The title has sat open for months, so it isn't like she would be gobbling it up as a hoarder - but it has literally gotten to the point where for a couple months now, the only person who can ack a new Daeva is the Prince. And that defeats the point of priscus ack'ing powers in the first place.

As far as the chart - that's not a great metric to go by. Just using Daeva as an example. We have Twist, Edward and Elle. Twist is out per the old rule, so that leaves Edward and Elle. One of which is still pretty sparkly new/returned to the city and Elle who just got acked a couple weeks ago. Not sure the IC rationale for either of them stands up (YET) for them to be granted that spot solely because Twist can't.

Now- that being said, it would have to be done responsibly. Twist claims the title with sufficient IC rationale to do so as well as for the OOC reason of getting new Daeva into play. One of them looks at Twist and goes 'wtf- you don't need all the titles! Give me!' and Twist either tries to hold it and gets called to the table for 'who is first? Prince? Clan? Covenant? BS!' or realizes the wisdom of handing over the title. It's been done before.

Just because someone has a title doesn't mean it is closed remember. It means someone is currently carrying out the duties of the title. Duties that may need to be done for the benefit of the game. And allowing toons to ask/demand/claim/fight for them against someone is IMO a fantastic route to some actual rp between toons.

8. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    S
    Steven

In my opinion. Twist should be Priscus. Without Question. As should Alessandra. The Priscus should be the MOST of that clan. It is without question that Twist is the MOST Daeva. But my opinion doesn't matter as I am not a Daeva or a Gangrel.

Twist

Mask of Tranquility
    Sand

Sorry- I posted my post without updating the thread lol

Heard and thanks! Appreciate the clarification.

Closed Thread