Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, listening without expression. His aura is a shifting color storm of pale light green, yellow and pink as his emotions seem to be in some turmoil, not completely due to his current circumstances and company.

"I haven't officially moved there full time, but I have spent a lot of time out there since I got back. Any patch of ground is as good as another, really." he says. "I haven't yet finished that particular experiment, but so far it does seem to be helpful towards getting me ready. I think it'll be a long haul getting ready for the next step though. I am working towards a kind of harmony with the surroundings, environment, I guess. It's a real challenge for me." Dirt Nap confesses.

"How about you, Hierophant? If you don't mind my saying so, you seemed to kind of hint that your position, and the temple is kind of slowing down your progress towards godhood, not speeding it up? What is your next step?"

T
    Thomas Boyle

Dirt Nap's aura pretty much confirmed what Thomas already knew about the man - seems the Gangrel really wore a heart on his sleeve. The distrust was new, but not unexpected - just more evidence there was more to this Dragon than he'd ever admit to anyone, possibly even himself.

"Harmony with the environment? Do you mean Protean? I thought it was fairly easy for your clan to learn" Still, the Lord knew you can further the Discipline's reach with effort, allowing you to merge with materials other than earth, even liquids.

"My next step? Oh, but I have an entire dance in mind" The Ventrue chuckles darkly "Learning more secrets of blood sorcery is just one item on the list. But there are Blood techniques with many curious effects - sharing perception with insect spies while retaining one's own mind, for example. Gaining intimate knowledge on people's innermost troubles. Influencing the fate of things. All of that is within the power of our Blood" Which is exciting, at least to him. Even if it might mean many years before he reaches the goal.

"Have I ever shared with you the observation that most things a Kindred can do affect either their own body or just the minds of others? We may be masters of subterfuge, but we have a very hard time creating anything, by mundane or magical methods. I believe overcoming that obstacle is a major step in my journey"

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Yes, that's part of it, but most tend to take on a form from inside...and i am trying to take a form that is local to this area, and expand to more than that. It's kind of using one discipline to steer another, both of 'em being deliberately influenced by my becoming a 'local' myself." Dirt Nap 'explains'.

He listens with great, evident interest as Thomas Boyle describes his path. Then Dirt Nap is thoughtfully silent at Thomas' question.

"No, I don't recall you making that observation before. It is an interesting point. Fortunate for me, I only want to mess with my own self anyway. It's an interesting point though. I guess the closest I get is to changing anything else is to merge with another object, like the ground. What kind of changes would you aim to make other than to yourself?"

T
    Thomas Boyle

"I see" He nods "Is your quest to appear as something local purely a matter of convenience, or does it have spiritual significance as well?"

Thomas can't lie, Dirt Nap's obvious interest scratches his ego in all the right places. It's not something he feels bad about - after all, being a god means acting like one, and pride in one's desires is one part of it to be sure.

"Well, I already built a house, so the only two things remaining would be to plant a tree and father a son" He chuckles "But in all seriousness - what good is a god with no followers? I already have some pull in, and devotees from, various groups, but that is only the beginning of a beginning. But what if the Circle's beliefs could be distilled, in a way safe for the Masquerade and appealing for the kine? We live in an age of pseudoscience, alternative facts and unparalleled change. An age of fear. Give the kine answers, gradually introduce them to the correct way of thinking and pretty soon you can influence whatever facet of society you want. Politics. Fashion. The economy. Pure economies of scale will ensure you will have a throng of loyal worshippers that is self-sustaining even in the case of Final Death. As we know, manuscriptys don't burn. And then..."

He smiles the smile of a man who is 'in' on some obscure joke.

"Then the fun will really begin"

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap whistles softly, "Now that's a thought. I hadn't considered how it could be a spiritual thing. I gotta say, you probably know, my Clan tends to be a bit more 'intuitive' and 'deliberate' then into book learning or being a particular, sharp wit. I don't know if I can blame my Clan type, but I am a bit of a plodder, myself, so I suppose I just naturally tend to think the way to make a change I want to myself is to put myself into a situation where the change I want is adapting to the situation." he says slowly. "I guess it's my way of being able to kind of see what the change I am aiming for 'looks like' to better my aim on it."

He listens raptly to Thomas Boyle describe his personal vision of godhood. "Wow." he says. "You are a man of big ambitions; I can see how that would seem to follow from your goals." he says. "I guess, to me, it sounds kind of exhausting. There would have to be some kind of responsibility for all those worshipers, I would think. I guess if you want to be a god, then it follows you have to set your sight for what kind of god you want to be."

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas makes an 'ah' sound to Dirt Nap's musing on his clan "Yes, 'deliberate' or 'direct' is what most Gangrel can be described as, I believe. There are exceptions, of course - like Prosper. Or maybe I just didn't know him well enough" he barely spoke with the man, and they never had a chance to sit down privately. Could be he just masked his directness better "But there's a lot of consistency in the clans members' traits, even values. Do you think Clan Gangrel has any role to play in Creation, as a whole? Patience seems to think that of her Family. I certainly think that of mine. I'd like to hear your opinion" His Blood may be weak, his Family status negligible, but that doesn't mean the horse trainer doesn't understand his own heritage.

"There's a quote I read once" He continues after a noticeably long moment of silence when the Dragon finishes speaking "'If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough'. Now, unlike most of the dross that is kine lifestyle coaching this one actually holds a grain of truth. Yes, the goal is daunting, intimidating even. But any Acolyte defaulting to the path of least resistance is no true Acolyte" It'd be like a First Estate member who hates money - unthinkable! "But the responsibility you're probably thinking of... not quite. Like a father to his children, my task would be to make sure these people are constantly challenged, forced to live up to their potential. I have no use for flaccid serfs" He leaves that department to the Succubi, they can have all the world's stock for all he cares.

"That is the kind of god I want to be. A living embodiment of the twin principles that Creation is Power and that Tribulation brings Enlightenment"

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, apparently entranced now that the subject is a little more esoteric and not probing for other people's confidences to be revealed.

"Now, 'Creation'? Huh. I suppose, as you bring up the Bishop, I am reminded of the Biblical account of the temptation, where the prize that was offered, and delivered for disobedience was to 'be like God', meaning, generally, to be our own God for our own self at least, and I suppose for others too if it can be managed. I don't see as how my Clan would be particularly involved, but we sure seem to be as open to taking the bait as anyone else." Dirt Nap muses.

"Well," Dirt Nap says after Thomas Boyle describes the specific type of god he sees himself being, "that does seem like the responsible thing, not to go around making followers' lives easy, but making sure they have a challenge. The thing is, I guess, what you're looking for in how they should answer that challenge, by depending on you as their god more or by getting stronger and more independent of you as their god? Basically setting out on the path of your example, to each of 'em become their own god too."

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Of course there'll be punishment from the gods for trying to be like them. They don't like competition" He chuckles, then listens on more Dirt Nap's musings on Thomas' planned apotheosis "If they rely on me like you'd rely on a crutch, they'll be in for a disappointment. It actually has a lot to do with how my Covenant views the mythological roles its members assume"

He's ready to continue, but then a cellphone rings, signaling the arrival of a text message. Upon reading it, Thomas' features visibly darken.

"But it seems I'll have to leave soon for a mission of my own. I'm terribly sorry, and I hope we'll see one another yet again, but I still have to take care of some things before the night ends"

The Hierophant will walk his Dragon guest to the door and, when he is alone, he starts muttering "New Orlean's? What's in New Orlean's?"

I am sorry to end this so abruptly, but I'll be taking a break from the venue. Thank you for a wonderful Scene, I look forward to more like it!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.