Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes sat in Edna’s, waiting. His thundercloud coat flashed darkly, the suit beneath immaculate.

The last time there had been this many Autumns in Sacramento, a Darkling and a Fairest had clashed over their demands to wear the Leaden Crown. A twisted, deranged wizened had dribbled his words and spit his pathetic bile at Rhodes, dragged up a pledge, and vanished into the ether. A different Wizened had been calm and thoughtful. Reasoned, yet guarded.

Rhodes had brought Penance to the Autumn Court. Wolfgang had fled, and good riddance to the insolent imbecile. Through deals and pledges, Nana had backed him and Lucifer had been brought to heel. Then the Fall courtiers had ebbed away.

Over a year later he stood. Still king, even if his challenge had been different. It had let him explore many avenues. But this would be a new challenge, holding separate elements as a cohesive whole. And though he did not care if the others were surprised at the sudden expansion, they should know one another. And so he had called them together. Two Ogres, an Elemental, and him.

He trusted to the Wyrd that they would all come.

This is a short scene for the Autumns to meet one another as a Court and to quickly prep for the Autumn Coronation! I’ll be closing this up before I opened the Coronation thread, so please at least add something is you want to be present!
    Markarth Mandalore5 Blaire CompassRose Penance @AwakeOragutang
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes liked this post

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

Markarth was evidently one of the first to arrive, the Ink stained Elemental bore his spear with him but had the good taste to lean it against the wall before approaching Rhodes. His clothes were clean, if still a little worn out.

"I'm going to hazard a guess this has something to do with the change in season?" Markarth gave the king a small bow.

B
    Blaire

It wasn't hard to tell who was the next to arrive, the weight of the Ogre setting the Haunted House's floorboards creaking as she mounted the porch steps and approached the door. There didn't seem to be a need to knock. She'd seen the door swinging shut as she'd neared the home of the Autumn Court, so she pulled the wooden thing open and stepped inside. An errant board squealed beneath her tread as she strode into the meeting room. A tank top left her impressive arms and shoulders bare, and a pair of hunting pants with boots. The most notable thing about her attire, though, was the bowie knife sheathed at her belt.

"What's this about?" she asked, stepping around Markarth and settling her back against the wall.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods a welcome to both. "As Markarth says, the change in season is almost upon us. And, I thought meeting one another would be advantageous before that time. So. Blaire, Markarth, Markarth, Blaire. You have both only arrived recently, and so I want to show you where the coronation will be held. If you would both follow me please."

The Dread Lord rises elegantly from his chair and sweeps forward back into the lobby. Opening a door into what should be a closet, there is in fact a small corridor.

Emerging at the end of the corridor is an enormous tree, the boughs reaching out overhead low enough for an up-reaching hand to touch. The leaves move Victorian library on one side, varnished wooden floor and bookshelves, half-filled with odd books. To the right a raised area holds a table and chairs, much like that of Edna's. A cold empty fireplace stands in that wall, a lead-framed mirror hangs over it. Shadows seem to look deeper than they should be from the light.

The walls to left and right crumble away as they pass the tree, with no rear wall in sight. It opens into a bare space, a darkened, shadowy overgrown glade only a few yards deep before naked skeletal trees for an impregnable wall.

The Dread Lord reaches one hand and plucks a leaf from from one of the boughs.

"Welcome to the Autumn Hollow. The Coronation will be it's unveiling, but I've been working on it for some time. The exit to the Hedge is over there," he waves an arm in the direction of the blatantly haunted wood. "In the run-up to the night itself, I thought we might gather from the Hedge some of the fruits and game of the season for a meal, while the Hollow itself serves as the location for the party."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

Markarth followed the King and Blaire, after grabbing up his spear. "We've met, actually," The elemental was about to ask a question when they came upon the enormous tree, his mouth snapped shot when the walls crumbled away and lead into the Autumn Hollow. It was a unsettling place so he felt right at home. That said he took a involuntary step away from the entrance to the Hedge.

"I haven't checked out the local Hedge yet, so I'm game. Who knows might find something worth selling at a Goblin Market too."

0 Scenes

Two things my lovely lings!

Continuity Note/Reminder: technically you haven't met Blaire yet Markarth , Only Sticky Threads/Solstaces/Equinoxes and Comms enter Continuity the day they're opened, every other scene enters Continuity the day they're closed.

And if you guys want to do a hedge hunt for things for the Autumn Equinox I'd love to see a small Scene/Glimpse, with some survival or investigation (social ones if you want to haggle with hobs!) rolls to see just what shinies you guys can find

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes smiles. "Excellent. Over the next week or so I'd like to gather things together, so we're ready. There isn't a lot of amenities here in the Hollow, but I welcome others adding their touches to it. It is a courtly place."

He notices the step away, and the smile grows a little wider. "Yessss.... a tad unnerving isn't it?" There's a dark pride in the Flowering's voice. "There is a Way to the hedge thought here. But it is hidden despite its wild appearence, I assure you."

I'll put together a glimpse of hunting for stuffs. That sounds cool!

People can either be involved with mine or write their own. Just let me know OOC or in a PM

9. Likes liked this post

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

PRE

"That's somewhat comforting, any idea what kind of...'game' is around this area of the hedge?"

Mostly wanted to post something to excuse this OOC message: Markarth would join Rhodes in a glimpse if that's alright. I doubt he'd ever want to go alone in the hedge just yet.

11. Likes Xadun liked this post
    P
    Penance

As was becoming her habit, Penance was one of the last to arrive, running up to the Boarding House and hurriedly trying to slip on a hoody to hide her form a bit more. She was doing her best not to resort to the Mask, but that didn't mean she was always comfortable enough in her skin to put it on full display. From what she understood, this wouldn't only be her and Rhodes at this meeting.

"Wo zài zhèli, wo zài zhèli! Sorry I am late!" Much to her surprise and horror, nobody seemed to be here. Was she early? No, impossible. Too late? Entirely too likely? Wrong date? Also a possibility, but that was better to be confirmed after exhausting the other options. Fortunately, it only took a little searching for her to find the closet entrance to the Hollow. Ok, that was better. She set her things down outside the closet before walking in. Two unfamiliar faces awaited her on the otherside, with only a snippet of conversation telling her they were talking about the Hedge. Not one of her specialties.

"Please forgive the intrusion, I lost track of time. I take it these are my brother and sister's arms*?"

0 Scenes

Not to be a pushy Sloth, but the Equinox is in about a week, on the 23rd, we're going to need to fly through the rest of the scene, and get to the Glimpse(s) if you still wanted to do that before then.

I think Blaire CompassRose is busy with work, so please Rhodes Xadun take it away

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread