Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek looks pleased by the response. "I look forward to it, Mr. Heinrich."

"Since the start of this year," he answers. "I've kept a low profile of sorts, briefly holding the title of Deputy. Though with the Sheriff's absence I am eager to make use of the information I've acquired during the time I served with her. If things progress as I anticipate, I wonder if you might be available at some point in the future, to tackle a challenging effort in decryption in service to the Domain?"

It isn't a request as much as a vague probing of Edward's confidence in such a task.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I would love to hear some stories of your time as Deputy."

"It would be my pleasure. What leads you to believe there will be a need for decryption?" Cryptography was one of Edward's areas of expertise, enough to know that it was rarely the weak point in the system. Chances were good whatever task needed to be tackled could be solved by circumventing the encryption altogether. Whether or not that was the case would depend on the details of the story.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek is hesitant, uncertain how much details he should share. Finally he says, "A potential threat has emerged that makes use of a highly secure method of encrypting its data transfers. Under the previous Sheriff's guidance I was instructed to avoid taking it on directly in a brute force tactic. Many other avenues were pursued, but if all else fails I would like to explore the option as a Plan C. I will gladly give you specifics were such an effort be necessary. It would require our combined expertise to have any measure of success I gather. And it is not without its risks. But such risks may well bring rewards."

"Sorry I cannot say more at this time. Perhaps the next time we meet I'll have a better understanding on how to handle the threat. In any case, I don't wish to take up the entirety of your evening. These gatherings are meant for mingling and introductions. Perhaps we should be more inclusive. Have you met Ms. Black yet? I had hopes to speak with her at some point tonight."

Eyes dart over to where Lenora stands, observing the paintings alone. Though the mention of her name might call her attention.

4. Likes White liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Of course, don't hesitate to call."

Derek was right of course, Edward's lousy habit of talking to one person an entire night easily overwrote his better judgement given his unfamiliarity of the social environment. So far the domain seemed more social club than court. Other than titles and the accompanied informal respect, there were no signs of anything approaching a traditional domain of the First Estate. On the contrary, it all felt very Carthian.

"A fitting plan, Mr. Mitnick. I have not yet had the pleasure of her acquaintance." He half turned towards her, giving the body language cue that Edward would follow Derek should he approach.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek returns to the main thread

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread