Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

This new arrival was rather observant. "As for the artwork- the pieces were provided for me in all honesty. I was given a selection and told to pick the ones I liked the most. The meaning, though...."

A simple nod towards that same horse. "There are many that might claim humanity has much to thank us for- that this system has not only helped advance humanity, but to preserve them. To ensure that our kind are kept on a leash. In exchange for a few unfortunate souls, the herd can live. I thought some of the older elements might appreciate an... acknowledgement of that system." The thief wouldn't deny that purpose. It was one of the few things he enjoyed about this structure. "As per your interpretation, it is a novel one- I can see where you'd get that idea. I won't lie, I'm going to enjoy hearing what others think of it." It would be a nice peek into their mindset.

"Anyways- how are you finding this Court?" A hint of A smile followed the words.
    Anything else?

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shake provided by Lenora was brief and delicate, a practiced gesture of civility.

"Ah, so they aren't originals?" she asks, a tinge of disappointment, "A shame. I suppose we can only ponder what was rattling in the original artist's mind then, hmm? I can see the reasoning behind the selection, however."

Then comes a brief distraction, the previous statement levied by Jacque regarding his self-perceived place as their family's acting Priscus was ignored by Lenora. Then came the response of Thomas Boyle . The Heirophant's displeasure was clear, as was his burgeoning rivalry with the Herald. Lenora looked to them both, brows raising with an expression of caution. Tonight was going well, if either of them spoiled the mood it would be... unfortunate considering the seat at stake. Holding the silent signal for a few long moments, Lenora finally returned her gaze to the Mekhet.

"I find the Court well enough," she offers, "The Circle took their time in the preparation of tonight. It is abundantly clear they seek to honor Her Majesty's generosity."

Then a pause, and a smirk.

"In fact, the only blackmark I can gather is the admission of familial issues, real or imagined, during an event symbolic of Domain unity," Lenora says, her tone a tad more headstrong than usual, "However, such things are easily resolved. At their appointed time."

Lenora was not a fool, she knew both would be listening. She would see them reminded of their agreement, as they had shot down her previous attempts to talk about the vacancy in August. Now was not the time to discuss their family business, regardless of political or social aims. They had agreed to wait for the meeting.

Whether or not Jack was seeking to leverage his relationship with the Prince to gain favor for the place of Priscus, Lenora didn't know. The same could be said of Thomas' interaction with the Blind Doll, apparently another old favorite of the Prince. Either way none of it mattered to Lenora. Certainly, a relationship with either figure could be beneficial to possess for the leader of the Clan of Kings, but neither the Prince nor a prominent Nosferatu dictated who would be Priscus. That title was chosen by the Lords in their own assembly.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

This one certainly didn't play to any stereotypes of the Unaligned being... Well, uncivil. Though Jack was also an example of that, the thief thought. "I haven't made an original piece of my own in quite some time- lack of any Muse, if I'm being honest." Half-honest. The Knife was also planning his little dalliance with the Company. "Though, it was enjoyable getting the paints out again."

This was was also quite wary of court politics- was it then by choice that they'd chosen not to subscribe to a particular party? Ears out, eyes searching. Chosen to take part in this Eternal Game, yet not pick a side in it.

"Yes, abundantly." The shadow had no idea why Mr. Boyle had wanted this place such- only that it was for this very Court. Were it all for the Prince, the thief might have gone a different (though, hopefully just as subtle) direction with his work.

"I find it better that these things come up in court- families can have issues. It's not healthy to bottle these things up." And it wasn't healthy to drive others against you, yet pretend all was well. How those in charge thought such presentations and displays meant anything was unknown to the Shadow.

"You have your own housing arrangements taken care of I assume? A steady source of food?"
    Anything else?

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora nodded as Seth spoke plainly of his struggle for inspiration.

"An unfortunate reality for many within our condition that choose to continue to arts, I've heard,"
    she offers, countering his plain talk with blunt truth, Seth appeared to enjoy straight talk, "Nonetheless, I hope you find a Muse soon, you are clearly an artist of skill. Though I will admit the work here is not entirely to my taste."

The statement lacked the gush many would offer towards Kindred artists, but, if Lenora's lingering eyes of the paintings and even tone were any indication, she was being sincere.

Lenora smiled as Seth agreed on the Crone's efforts in revering the Prince, but did not speak further on it. Their work to show their respect was clear.

"I must respectively disagree, Mr. Kind," she says, her voice remaining cordial. After all, they were just having a discussion, no? "I am of a mind that a dispute within any family is best settled in privacy... unless such a dispute threatens to boil over. Then Her Majesty or Her officers would likely become involved, but not without consequence."

We... I cannot afford the Shame.

Lenora smiled yet again as Seth mentions housing and food.

"An interesting move, Mr. Kind," she offers, granting the subtle Shadow a chuckle, "I am quite secure, thank you. Although my Embrace was likely relatively recent when compared to many others, I have been a part of our world for a very long time. To neglect needs so integral to my survival would render decades of preparation and education moot. Not to mention it would tarnish the reputation of my lineage."

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Mr. Kind certainly understood why this particular style might not appeal to most- it was rather grim, despite any intent. Macabre, perhaps. "Perhaps. Maybe I'll plant a field next time- or a sunrise? Those almost always pique someone's interest." This conversation was quite casual- enjoyable. Or, perhaps the thief had merely spent too little time in court as of late.

Their attitudes towards conflict and familial matters was... Not unsurprising, but worth diving deeper into.
    "I can see the desire for that. Nonetheless, I'm of the opinion that such privacy often comes with a tendency to let things fester. I understand our kind often value more discreet solutions- still, I don't see why that couldn't change. I might also hesitate to suggest that the Prince and her chosen be the ones solely responsible for handling such matters, should intervention be necessary." Just because he was a thief and a shadow didn't mean he always enjoyed the Cloak and Dagger approach. And he most definitely wasn't a fan of the Prince having such freedoms to handle these things.

A... Move? Did they construe his words as a ploy for favor? Or just a reference to The Game in general? He didn't quite see what was particular interesting about it.
    "Needing assistance is not a sign of weakness- dependence, perhaps, could be construed as such among our kind. Regardless- I am glad you've settled in well enough. This city certainly has an abundance of means for our kind." The Norvegi was quite interested in her talk of bloodline, wondering where they originated. "Was there anything in particular you wished to discuss? I merely wanted to touch base with a new arrival."
    Anything else?

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Do as you wish," Lenora offers, she chose to observe art rather than pushing the direction of artists.

"You'd suggest that others aside from the Prince and her officers should be dispatched to handle issues gone awry?" she asked, "You do understand the inherent danger of what you are suggesting, no? As I said, family issues should be private, but when they boil over there is often little choice. This is Her Majesty's territory. We dwell in it through her decree. If we threaten that territory in any way or otherwise cause instability that cannot be controlled, it is well within her right to get involved."

"It does indeed; the opportunities here are why I chose to settle," she said, the comment of assistance as a weakness was left unmentioned. Dependence on another Kindred always rolled back to bite you in the ass. Always. "I had nothing in mind. Will that be all, Mr. Kind?"

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"I merely suggest that there might be merit in saying that the Prince shouldn't have total control over every such scenario." No doubt there were scenarios where such power was used well. Of that, the Knife would not argue- but there could also be no question that such authority was all but destined to be abused. "I also might suggest that what threatens a territory, and what makes one unstable, are quite malleable terms to an efficient and powerful-enough figure." He might have to keep an eye on this one- either she was smarter at keeping her cards close, or she would prove yet another individual tied to the strings of the Company.

"I've nothing else to discuss. My thanks, for humoring me with this conversation. Enjoy the rest of Court, Kindred Black." With that the thief gracefully and quietly backed off and away, hoping to find more to talk about or a quiet corner to observe.
    Anything else?

Closed Thread