Watch

Showing Phoenyx the new Place

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze is obviously excited as he says, "Wait until you see it! I know, it's not really much, but it feels like a big deal to me. I've never had my own place, even if it is just renting. I got it on a year long lease." he explains. "I just wanted to show it to you on the way out to eat." They park out front of a modern apartment complex, parking in a numbered spot.

As he unlocks the front door of the third floor studio Phoenyx sees boxes, and artist's drawing desk in the corner, and a sliding glass door to a small balcony with a view of a large pool beyond. The whole place is a single room with a kitchen nook and a door to a small bathroom.

"I could have gotten a bigger place, but this is literally right next to the campus of UC Sacramento, where I registered for classes, so it's really convenient." Kaze explains as Phoenyx takes it in.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx nods, not feeling comfortable. This was a stark reminder about the distance that Kaze had been placed between them to… know each other, whatever than meant. But she knew it meant a lot to him, so dammit she was going to try.

The Obrimos looks around the apartment, realising she actually knows very little about renting apartments, housing details….. She had lived with her parents, then her mentor, then the Circle, then the firehouse, then back to the Circle. The Arrows had literally always provided the roof over her head.

“It looks… nice?” She says cautiously, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. The Firebird wanders out to the balcony and unlocks the door, standing on it and leaning a little over the rail so she can’t see the building alongside her. The breeze ruffles her hair and she smiles and the sensation, imagining herself flying.

If I lept, I would fly. And risk raising the Abyss for one fleeting moment of indulgent pleasure.

For all it’s power, magic held a consistent melancholy. She could conjure fire and move objects through the air… but to do so risked backlash, paradox…

The path of wisdom is difficult. But Arrows must be the example of what we can be.

Taking a slow breath, she turns back around and smiles at him. “It makes sense to be right next to the University. It will make travelling easier. Where did you want to eat again?”
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze watches Phoenyx on the balcony in appreciation. "I think I like the idea of a pool since having one at the firehouse." he says idly.

He snaps out of his reverie at her question, "Oh, right. Are you hungry? I heard about a great Thai food restaurant from one of the others students. She said she and her friends eat there all the time. Want to try it? It's called, '"Sawasdee".

"So, I was really glad to see the Hierarch back." Kaze says conversationally as they head back down to the truck.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

There is a half-shrug in response. "I can take it or leave it. I enjoy lake swimming more than pool swimming."

Phoenyx smiles. "That sounds nice. I like thai." Simple statements of fact. It was a method of practice, learning to share about herself, but small simple statements seemed to do the trick. The Arrow never seemed to realize when she was being blunt at the best of times, so there was no noticeable change there, except for the fact she was giving her opinions on things.

The Arrow nods in agreement. "It is good to see him. He did not look well. There may be more afoot than they wished to share." There's a brief pause. "It was... interesting... seeing Cosmo again too. He has not changed. He likes getting under people's skin."

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, 'lake swimming',huh? You know, I don't think I have done that!" Kaze muses, "Just in the ocean and in pools. I need to find a lake and set something up!" he says, grinning.

Kaze nods at the revelation of Phoenyx's appreciation of Thai cuisine. "Good to know!"

In the truck, driving to the restaurant, he is more serious as they discuss the Concilium. "Always more going on that it seems." he agrees. "Winter more or less almost goes out of his way to show you that he's not telling you everything. The Hierarch is just more polite. Which I appreciate. Cosmo...reminded me of what it was like when we first got here, with practically everyone fighting about how to do things or even how to decide how to do things." Kaze sighs. "I guess that's just what it's like when we have a more normal number of mages around."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Phoenyx nods. "That sounds fun. But as long as it's before summer ends. It can be horrible in winter." It sounds like she knew.

She is thoughtful at his words. "Perhaps, but Winter has the best interests of the Concilium in the front of his mind. I think it's a deliberate test to ward against complacency. By comparison, do any of us truly know what the Mysterium guards, or the Ladder wants for the world?" The Arrow shrugs. "It's been a long year. But I think the Concillium is turning a corner, if people are coming back. I prefer it busy. The four of us made it much too quiet."

She shuffles up the truck's seat to be closer to Kaze.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Phoenyx's comment on lakes in the cooler seasons. "Yeah, okay. I used to surf year round in L.A., but that was with a wetsuit, and besides it gets colder up here then down there." he muses.

He listens to Phoenyx's assessment of Winter and the Orders and the Consilium.

He smiles when Phoenyx moves closer. "I'm so glad we had each other through all of this." he says warmly. "I love you, Phoenyx."

He drives on in silence for a while, only speaking again when they get off the freeway and begin driving on surface streets to the restaurant.

"So, tell me about flying." Kaze says. "Did you always want to? I mean, hot air balloons, air planes, that kind of thing?" he asks.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

The Asian girl tenses slightly. She still didn’t know how to react to him saying that. “I know you do. And I’m glad we had each other as well. I am glad I had you to talk to. It has not been easy. But you make it… easier?” The words sounded stupid.

Talking about magic was always easier. She nods, and smiles. “Yes, but not quite as you describe. I would dream about it all the time. Beating wings, roaring flames… and a tower. My parents dismissed them as dreams, but they were so vivid. When he heard of such things, Master Bengal encouraged me to chase those dreams – It was only after I awakened I realised he was encouraging early signs of an Awakening.” She thinks for a moment. “I never thought about ballooning. I suppose that might be quite like flying. Maybe I could try it. Or perhaps we could. Or skydiving!” She says, animatedly. “That always looks so exciting!”

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and moves to hug Phoenyx when she speaks haltingly about feelings, kissing her lightly and more if she is receptive.

When she describes her dreams he listens with an interested expression. "Wow." he says. Then, when she talks about skydiving Kaze grins and nods, saying, "There's this place, down closer to where I grew up, 'Skydive Perris', they actually set up jumps from balloons! I think you have to be pretty experienced though, because it's harder than from a plane for some reason. Anyway, it's like a seven hour drive, but if you are up for it, I'd love to do the road trip together and spend a day or two down there and learn to skydive and see if we can do the jump from the balloon thing too!"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

The tension lessens as Kaze puts his arm around her, and the Arrow rests her head on his shoulder. She sighs lightly, putting one hand on his chest.

Phoenyx perks up again as he mentions the skydiving. "We should go! That sounds fun! We can spend the night there. If the Consillium is as at a lower risk as Campenella thinks, I should be able to take a day away..." There was a niggling feeling in her chest. Was this neglecting her duty? Doing something solely for herself? It kinda felt like it, but at the same time, didn't everyone else do things they were happy from? Hadn't October and Shodan said things like that?

The little Obrimos grows pensive as she mulls over those thoughts, cuddling up to Kaze a little tighter.

Kaze can probably work out what she's thinking - Phoenyx has always taken her duties very seriously, especially since she was left in charge. She's been training harder and pushing herself more.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread