Ended
Watch

(1909) Acolyte Reunions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    T
    Thomas Boyle

Moving a bit away from the main gathering (he relies on Alice's ghoul to guide her), Thomas settles beside the left wall, where the painted ship sails. He waits for the Haunt and then another moment to see if Mable Wood would join them.

"Is there something we can help you with, though? Haven? Herd? Answers?" All three are a valuable thing to have in a city, especially if you are only just settling down.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She's lead just a small ways from where she had been in the entry. The shuffling steps of those around her tell a tale, she doesn't yet know the characters too.

No one needed to know she had haven and herd. Though they might suspect with Lyssa at her elbow. "Ah, for a newly arrived, all three would be tantalizing, yes? What would you be offering? What answers would I receive? Or which questions would you expect?" asks the Doll, her strings pulled taut on one side, loosening on the other.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

T
    Thomas Boyle

Apparently unfazed by Alice's indirect answer (which sounded a lot like a test, and Thomas couldn't decide if he is delighted or offended), the Lord answers plainly "We are in posession of a Farm and this Temple. Both are large enough to house more than one Kindred and both have small groups of mortals available" He looks the Haunt directly in the face, although Patience's stare does not escape his notice "Answers, as is their nature, would be completely dependent on the questions asked, and the questions themselves would depend on what facet of the Domain's life interests you the most" He smiles "All interconnected, all cyclical. As it should be"

But there is another conversation of particular interest to him, one held between the Prince and her Herald... "It's good to see our Whip takes his... responsibilities so seriously. One can wonder, though, why didn't he see to Ms. Black's Acknowledgement last month if he calls himself... acting Priscus" It takes a lot of willpower not to laugh in the face of Jacque and his word-twisting. But that'd be rude.

And he is host tonight, is he not? He can't be rude.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She smiles, disconcerting to observe. Alice herself feels her lips pull and her cheeks crack at the force of the strings pulling on dead muscles. "Just so." her smile disappears, and she ducks her head with a jerk. "Is the Farm the same of my memories, risen from the ashes?" the question spills passed her lips, she wondered if any saved the yellow tape. "Would describe to me this Temple? Or would you rather wait for Court to conclude and I can return, and explore through touch and sound?"

Another discordant head tilt. "Our Whip?" she questions first, before she goes over the murmuring words, floating around the room. "Does anyone know that this Miss Black hasn't been Acknowledged? And if not, shouldn't someone bring this information to light?" her hollow voice, empty and aching, behind perhaps, for anyone else might have heard a smile, the rushing thrill of being thrown into the deep end of the living politics of the Damned.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas nods, a largely pointless gesture given the interlocutor "I cannot speak for the memories, but Keeper Wood has done a tremendous job in sustaining the Farm. It is now, or soon will be, harnessing solar power to thrive. There are crops, mortals taught to care for nature... there's life" And that might seem strange, considering the authors of this miracle. Creation is indeed Power "Krieg, a former Priscus of Nosferatu was also a contributor. He left on Circle business, but I am told may yet reappear" Which would be beneficial, as far as counterbalancing the Sanctified Haunt leader went.

"At present, the Temple consists of the main ritual room, a small library and some storage space. When I first reclaimed the place, I had consecrated it to the gods by carving their names around the altar. No specific pantheon but all gods I could think of, all forgotten deities. Seemed prudent, given my Semiotician affiliation. There are also paintings on the walls, authored according to my instruction by Mr. Seth Kind, a Mekhet" He describes, like a museum tour guide "I like to think I am not particularly vain, but from ruin to Court in nine months is a pretty good time for just one person" He couldn't forgo this little bit of pride. Who knew where just a little fortitude would lead him? "I'd be happy to describe it in more detail after Court, or let you explore on your own"

"I was misunderstood. Ms. Black was Acknowledged, only without either duly appointed Priscus or the Seneschal present it could happen only through the Prince directly. Whip Jack seemed to understand that rule then, but it seems wisdom is a fickle thing" He could make a scene and perhaps even force things on the proper track, but didn't want to. If Garcia's example was anything to go by, in Sacramento it mattered more how you said it than what or why. Keeping an illusion of quiet where there is a clear discord.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable wandered over to the other Crones. "Alice. Welcome back." Her voice was quiet as memories of that day flew through her mind... the tearing apart two hell hounds, Alice's torn body, the guilt after of not getting there soon enough, the anger at Cross for not protecting her like he was supposed to...

Mable gave Thomas a warm smile, "My ears were burning...were you talking about me?" She asked sweetly.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"The river flows, and if the reeds catch this Krieg and bring him ashore, time will tell." she murmurs, thinking that she will need to seek out Mabel, speak to the women who when Alice had fallen, was Unbound. Now, she's embraced the Truth of Tribulation. Who's name spoken and thoughts surround seem to bring the Keeper towards her fellows, "Mabel - Keeper Wood. I'm glad to 'see' you again." Alice's smile is fake, and her voice hollow, but she means it. Going into battle along side the Gangrel was a joy she wished to experience again. Even if the last time, had the Doll rent between hellish maws.

A jerking nod, "That, that is good to hear. The Crone in all things, I would hate to decide against one oft forgotten god, and ignore one hidden facet of the Goddess." a hollow, empty laugh, "Yes I understand, and I do not think it vain. Once, I had hand in building a Kingdom, Deep. Once, it was a Regency. And upon the cusp of that greatness, we held Court. Now, it is nothing. I must build again. This Temple might share the same fate, to be built, to fall, to be built again." cycles in all things. "I would enjoy to explore on my own, but I would not exclude your voice from my adventure."

A small exhale of sound, "My apologies, perhaps my ears need to be tuned again to the intricacies of the Danse." she bows her head, "The, I suppose it is good that this Whip is speaking with Her Grace, to make certain that this Miss Black's entry into this august Domain isn't muddled, it wouldn't do for her Acknowledgement to not be...acknowledged due to this...issue."

Sorry for the wait!

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Incidentally, I was" He answers Mable's rhetorical question with a smile of his own, although the Lord's expression is far more reserved.

"So I heard. The Necropolis must've been quite something in its time, I'd love to visit it if the local Nosferatu deem me worthy" Some complaisance was in order, the Warrens were one of the most closely guarded secrets of the Haunts in any city, and access is always conditional if you are of a different Family "And yes, the Temple will fall. It'll take a year, a decade or a century, but it will happen, and then someone else will come along to rise my work from ruin" In a strange way, it was a comforting thought that someone who may not be even born yet will discover this place, and the worn signs and marks Thomas had carved here "But for now, it thrives" For the first time in a long time, the voices in his head are not the only ones he hears while here.

It is interesting to note that Alice doesn't seem to harbor any hard feelings about what Mable felt was her failure. The Ventrue wondered how the two women's relations - tonight and in the future - will develop.

"Perhaps it's a good time to exchange some contact information? That's not to say we shouldn't keep chatting if you're both inclined, but like I said I have so many questions for the future I'll positively burst if my curiosity is not sated soon" A quick attempt at humor to wash off the bitter taste after their mid-distance quarrel with the Herald. Thomas pulls out his phone and allows Lyssa to take it, both to check the Lord's number and enter her mistress' own.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

Patience stops at the outer edge of this gathering of heretics. Her hands are clasped before her. Her vestments feel heavy on her shoulders.

”Hierophant, Keeper Wood,” she addresses them formally. “I have come to greet my cousin.”

The cadences of Patience’s speech are all wrong. Stresses fall where they shouldn’t.

“Alice.” The name has been whispered in court all evening. “I am Patience. Priscus of clan Nosferatu and Bishop of the Lancea Sanctum. Welcome back to the domain. I am glad at the presence of Family.” And she is. No matter the differences of their Faith. Haunt will always understand Haunt in a way outsiders never can.

With that, the Lance falls silent. The Acolytes may welcome her or dismiss her. But she has announced herself to Alice as intended.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable responded to what appeared to be concerns from Alice with Lenora. "Ms. Hart," Mable tried to get back to being formal since this was court, "I was there last court when the Prince herself acknowledged Ms. Black. So, I don't understand where the muddled entrance would be coming from..."

Changing the subject, "I would love to give you a tour of the farm, anytime. And you of course are always welcome."Mable added in Alice's companion with a look. "Here is my card with my number on it."

"Priscus Patience, how good to see you. I hope all is as it should be for you. Please, let me present Alice Hart..." Mable had so many things she could say about her and her past accomplishments, but now was not the time nor the place. "And Ms. Hart, this is the new Priscus of Clan Nosferatu, Patience." Mable reached up and gave a gentle comforting squeeze to Alice's arm. "We can catch up outside of court."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.