Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Mr. Whitney, Let's move over here to talk for a few minutes before I bring you over to the Prince."

Mable directs him to a quiet darken corner by the piano. On he way there she resists touching the blue wires with touch me written on them.

Once there Mable asked her first question, "What brings you to the city, Mr. Whitney?"

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

"Of course, ma'am."

Aiden follows along quietly. At one point he reaches for one of the blue wires, but ultimately retracts his hand.

When Mable asked her question, his head snapped back. His attention returning to the more important matter at hand. "California's economy is booming, and I received a tip on an investment opportunity that has a lot of promise. All perfectly legal of course. Renewable energy." He wrings his hands. "Finance isn't the most respected profession, but I don't sully my hands with the underworld." It wasn't a moral objection. The Lord simply never learned the details of the criminal trade.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's attention was on Aiden even as she tried to keep an ear out for the rest of the room.

She heard investment-finance- then Renewable energy..."What kind if renewable energy?" She asked with interest. "My farm is pretty much green using solar power and I am getting a windmill next. So I gather your intentions are to remain here and work on your financial investments?"She understood that he wasn't part of the criminal world which made her happy. She had begun to think just about everyone was besides herself and dirt nap.

Then the door opened and Mable glanced towards it...a hand flew to Mable's mouth and one bloody tear ran down her face. "Alice..." She whispered frozen to the spot.

4. Likes liked this post

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

"The current venture will be in solar power, but I wouldn't be limited to it going forward. California law requires thirty-three percent of its electricity to come from renewable sources. That percentage is due to increase to fifty percent in coming years. It should be highly lucrative if I play my cards right." Aiden's eyes scanned the room momentarily as more faces appeared. "It is my hope that I can settle into Sacramento for the long term. The closer I am to the action the better informed I can be with the stocks and options I trade."

When Mable drew her hand to her face, the Lord's eyes darted to the albino woman who had entered the Temple. A sense of unease settled into his bones as he noticed her unnatural perfection, the lack of eyes, and her terrible way of moving. It was if a demented puppet was being dragged across the room by a devilish puppeteer.

Mable's own reaction, the bloody tear, was as bizarre as Alice was horrifying. It was also an incredible display of weakness and vulnerability to him. Kindred could be drawn to one another and feel camaraderie, of course, but this another level all together. With so many other predators around...and given that she knew nothing of Aiden himself. It was a dangerous. Rather than let surprise show, Aiden simply steeled himself. Better to hide his confusion than to have a display such as the Keeper's.

"It seems many people are commenting on that woman. It even sounds," Aiden gave a slight nod towards Jacque and the Prince, "that she once held great status in the city. Were you close to her, Keeper Wood?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable wiped the tear. and pulled herself together. "Sorry... Um yes I knew her. I thought she was gone forever." Mable answered simply.

She then went back to the topic at hand. "I think you have a winning idea. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I don't know much about the investment world but I do work hard for cleaner energy."

She hears snippets from Jack and Ale, "I believe I should bring you over to get acknowledged. I look forward to talking more with you." Mable smiled at Aiden.

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

Relief washed over Aiden as Mable composed herself once again. "Then I hope this return comes as a much welcomed surprise ma'am."

He smiled warmly at her offer of professional help, and then at her offer of acknowledgment gave a nod. "I will follow you lead Keeper Wood. Surely we will speak again soon."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is very welcomed."

Mable led Aiden over to The Prince and the Herald.

Closed Thread