Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Loyalty Is,) El Rancho Motel

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

The faces of the missing persons stare up at the Lost, left behind by the Wizened as she left them to hunt down whatever had taken her husband. If, in fact something, rather then someone, had. Over the years more and more faces were added to the list of missing. People disappear all the time, some of their of volition, others to rage and hate and sorrow.

Off the highway is the sun baked asphalt parking lot. Cracked and covered in roving trash. Looming above is the faux Spanish Colonial facade, orange stucco splotchy, with a fading red brick roof.

Once, it might have been an impressive sight, but now with time and uncaring owners it's a shell of it's former self.

Inside they might find a lead to a missing husband, his coworker, and half a dozen more faces on the posters...

Please remember to include equipment

A
    Abraham Norton

With Circe being the only person in their quartet he has the number of, Abraham shoots the Queen of Summer a quick text.

Going ahead to look for tracks and traces. Tell the others

He doesn't count on much in the dusty, sun-scorched ground and the old asphalt, but an experienced tracker that he was, the Flowering had faith in his abilities. He looks for and catalogues all signs of movement - be it animal, human or vehicle - and tries to determine which ones are inconsequential, and which are telling. Not just prints of feet, paws and tires, either. Abraham looks for blood, fur or anything else saying "they went that-a-way"

He's aided in this endeavor by an array of tools - as simple as a looking glass and as advanced as a GPS receiver. Somewhere in the middle is a small battle of liquid silicone to make primitive replicas of the impressions.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-04 12:13:45 Abraham Norton rolls 8 to Look for tracks (Wits + Survival + EQ) (10 Again) 6, 5, 5, 8, 8, 1, 7, 8 3 successes

Climbing Gear, Survival Gear, Rescue Whistle, Weatherproof Matches (in backpack) Throwing Knife, Curved Sword, Main Gauche, Smartphone (on person)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Arriving at the address, she was less then impressed with what she saw. Glancing down at her clothes, she realizes she should have dressed more casual. Well, more casual for the environment. Shrugging, it was what it was now.

Looking around more carefully, she takes in the area. Seeing her fellow Spring, she approaches and waves,

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-04 14:34:18 Seraphina rolls 4 to Looking around (Wits+Comp) (10 Again) 9, 3, 8, 9 3 successes

“Hey.” Greeted the Treasured, looking around again, “Been here long? Find anything?” she figured he’d be good at finding things, he was able to hunt in the Hedge after all.

Hedgespun jacket and necklace(listed on minisheet), change of clothes(jeans and sneakers), bottled water, protean bars, costume jewelry(necklace, bracelet) sun catcher, cell phone on vibrate in pocket, notebook and pens
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's solution for her attire was to lose the tie, unbutton the top of the dress shirt, and add a few stains to the shirt. Make her look less impressive and she could replace shirts. The dinky Volkswagen Beetle was stopped and locked up yet still multiple shades of blue. Plus Seraphina would grab plenty more attention then Circe or the Beetle would.

1 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-04 22:25:32 Circe rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 3, 6, 7, 10, 6, 1, 5 1 success

"So, I nabbed a mobile wi-fi is we really want me ta just hack it from the outside,"
    she nods towards the Beetle, "Or inside if these guys are really cheap," then she smiles with way too many teeth, "Or if we wanna take a long time we can find a good spot fer me ta overwatch after I nab a rifle."

Because of course she'd suggest a violent option.

On person business suit, colt pistol, 2 reloads, combat knife, taser, smartphone, laptop carrying case, thin kevlar vest. In carrying case a laptop, a water bottle, and 1 MRE. In subcompact car mobile hotspot, 2 water bottles, 2 MREs, crowbar, 20 feet of rope, flashlight, box of 24 Colt pistol bullets.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes makes his way up to the dilapidated motel, spotting a very familiar shimmer of gold just disappear around a corner.

Sidling quietly around the edge of the building he spots his compatriots. “Find anything?” he asks Abraham, sliding an arm gently around Sera.

"And let's try talking first, shall we? You'd be amazed how cooperative people can be," the Flowering quips to Circe. She was prepared, at least.

Equipment - Hedgespun coat, fine suit, a fine hip-flask with an 18 year-old scotch, a single large kitchen knife and leather sheath, cellphone, a notebook and pen, wallet containing $127, assorted trinkets for hedge trading (some bracelets, shells, an empty fountain pen, a shard of quartz, a candle and lighter, all in a small bag).
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

0 Scenes

From the sun baked asphalt and cracked concrete, the Knight Errant expects little, but might be surprised with what signs he does find. Crumbling imprints of mud, showing shoe treads, leading towards the door. Twin black streaks, the memory of squealing tires. Directionally leading away from the lot and towards the highway.

If you want to make an impression of the shoe treads, please give me a Dex+Crafts

Sera and Circe focused upward and outward, notice that the 'No' portion of the No Vacancy sign isn't lit. There's few vehicles in the parking lot. Junkers, years old and a few obviously patched together with zip ties and duct tape.

One of the windows, isn't glass but tape over with a clear plastic. Under the window, beneath the dead brush Sera notices the glint of broken glass.

A
    Abraham Norton

Spotting his fellow Lost investigators, Abraham smiles but answers matter-of-factly "One set of prints, leading to the door. It's hard to say if they were man's or woman's but the mud suggests either the other side" The Flowering says cautiously, unsure of who else might be listening "Or a body of water. Like a river. Or the port, maybe?" It bears further investigation "There are also tire tracks, from the parking lot to the highway. Given the conditions, I'd say they're pretty fresh if they haven't vanished already" Between the wind, sun and hard background, they're sure to be gone soon.

Unable to make casts that'll actually hold, the least this knight-errant can do is photograph both tracks, for future reference.

"I'd feel safer with a long-range backup and someone in their system, if you don't feel like talking yourself" He says to Circe "I can go out back, keep watch in case anyone would want to slip away. You" A look towards Sera and Rhodes "could talk to the owners, perhaps? Bonus points for nabbing the guest book"

Or something. It was a plan, not necessarily the plan.

"Just my two cents"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A small smile was offered to Circe as she walked up. “Personally? I think we need to find out what we’re dealing with before long-term plans are made. For all we know, this place could just be a favorite location because of the crowd it attracts.” She says with a shrug. “So I say to just hack for now and we change as needed.” Her opinion.

A familiar breeze, voice and touch alerted her to Rhodes, and she smiles at him, sliding her own arm around him. Already feeling safer with him here.

“Not yet, just kind of checking it out.”
    Not a place she’d usually be for one.

“But…”
    her voice trails off as her attention is caught not by the missing window, but the glass. Nodding to it, “Broken glass.” She says, looking thoughtful, “Now this might be a shock, but I’ve broken a few windows in my time, and the glass usually falls in the direction of the force. So maybe that’s the room we want to start at.” Plus, she had found Netflix after escaping, so yah, crime shows.

She looks at the prints while listening to Abraham, “Good find.” She compliments with a nod. “Huh.” Looking at the mud and tracks. “The port would have shipping containers and warehouses.” Might be something.

“Well, I haven’t nabbed anything in a while, but I can be quite charming and distracting. I’m more than happy to get what information I can from the owners.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe is surprised by the level of detail Abraham got. Maybe he played a tracker in some acts or something. "Tires could be anythin' from a impatient Uber ta an abduction van," she shrugs as that didn't strike her as confirmation of anything. Somebody had to be the wet blanket, "Mundy abduction is more likely if the port is involved. Ports have always been used to smuggle shit."

Talking in a friendly manner wasn't the Larcenist's strong suit. Hacking she could do from anywhere with the mobile hotspot. But as for long range backup that made Circe shake her head, "Sera is kinda right here Abe. Long range backup requires first," a finger went up, "That I go get it. Second," another finger, "I need ta find a good spot that won't get us swarmed by cops, and third," last finger, "I can't really over watch with a rifle scope and hack at the same time. I'm good but nobody is that good."

She thinks for a moment then shakes her head, "If we're in a rush I can just boot up my hotspot, hack it while Sera butters up the bellhop," the Fairest frowns, "Course this could all be a trap and whoever stays outside alone will get jumped so in a car and lock yer doors," she even felt like making a joke about it as she giggles out, "I mean if I stay out here alone and somebody tries ta jump me the signal fer that is gonna be bang bang."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes listens to Norton's analysis. "That doesn't sound like a lot to go on from the boots, but having a look inside sounds like a good idea Perhaps while we are at the front desk, one of you might be able to look into that room specifically? Ever unlocked a motel door before? It's not that hard."

He looks to Sera. "I wondered who broke the windows at Edna's! Still, Distracting the front desk and looking around sounds on target to me. Care to join me for a stroll, darling?"

The Flowering raises an eyebrow at Circe, with a half smile. "I suppose it will be too much to ask for asignal with some kind of subtlety, won't it?" He chuckles, then grows sombre. "Being practical, I would feel better if you two stayed together, whatever you decide to do. Circe's right, we don't want one of us to get caught out here."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread