Watch

Checking out of the heartbreak hotel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze comes in dressed like he's been out playing some sport or another, maybe softball; he's wearing a shirt that says, Broken Hearts like a team name or something.

"Hey, Shodan. Thank you for putting me up here with you. I found a great place practically right on campus at UC Sacramento, and snagged it, so I am moving out. I remember that I promised you I would tell you how things worked out. Basically, Phoenyx and I are back together, but not living together, and I am still unaligned." he says with a smile.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

"Oh, good" He says absent-mindedly, moving from one place to another before leaning against a wall "I mean, not good that you are moving out - but good that things worked out for you. Still, I thought Phoenyx as girlfriend and an Arrow membership card was a package deal?" He sounds genuinely surprised. To be honest, it took way less time than he expected, which means their conflict was not as deep as initially thought... or that the Arrow Sergeant was very desperate for companionship.

"In fact I don't get it: you're together but not living together? Care to walk me through it?"

And then a thought pops into his mind.

"Oh, and by the way: is Aegis still a thing?"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins, "I told you she was amazing, and would only come out stronger. She accepted my decision to leave the Arrows, and was able to accept me as being unaligned. Not that she agrees, but she accepts that it's my choice. She wants to be together even if we aren't in the same Order." he says, obviously a bit pleasantly surprised despite his assurance that he'd predicted it.

Then he sighs, "Yeah, okay that's me. I basically haven't ever had my own place, just mine. Like ever, in my whole life. I am just not up for moving into the Circle. So, yeah, we aren't living together. We'll be seeing each other a lot though. Up early every morning for a run and dates at night." he says. "I'm actually looking forward to it. I think it will actually be more special than if we just lived in the same space all the time."

He sighs again. "Aegis was really circling the drain as soon as Alastor left. The place was protected by his wards, even the name was his, I mean, he asked if we liked it, but it was his idea."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

"Are the Arrows even allowed to maintain relationships? Much less with people outside of the Order?" He didn't know a lot abou tteh Talons, but what he did know is that they cultivated a strict image of detached soldiers who have a job of ass-kicking to do, with no time or willingness to be with people "If Alastor ever comes back, what's he going to say?"

The Libertine appears surprised at the revelation of never having a private place "Really, ever? But you did once say your gramps was military, and when he died he sent you to train with the Arrows. So that explains a lot. Still, I never understood what can you possibly gain from being forced to bunk in a specific place" Even as a training technique, the value was dubious to Shodan.

"So we're down from three cabals to zero" By the way he says this, it's obvious Shodan dislikes that fact very much.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smirks, "Sure of course, where do you think little Arrows come from?" he chuckles, "No, seriously it's...well, you ever here about what it's like at the Olympic Villiage for hookups? You get a bunch of young, healthy, world class athletes together under pressure to perform at peak, and just really short periods of time to blow off steam between events...." he muses, "I think it's a little like that, or can be, in the Adamantine Arrows. Anyway, never mind me, let's just say it's not a monastic Order."

He chuckles again, obviously not letting his good mood be disturbed, "Alastor knew about Phoenyx and my relationship before anyone. If he comes back...he won't have a problem with it. With my leaving, maybe, but not with my being Phoenyx's boyfriend."

"Yeah. And almost of us are Obrimos now."
    Kaze muses in agreement on how things have changed.

S
    Shodan

"You mean they don't assemble you from parts?" He jokes back, and the Olympic Village comparison gets a laugh out of him "So what you're saying is the Arrows is a hierarchical organization with peer pressure treated like a sacrament, the only escape from which are shallow relationships that may or may not leave emotional scarring?" He asks rhetorically "I think I get why you left more fully now" Sounded dreadful. If accurate, the only way to make that lfestyle actually livable is to bend it everywhere.

Shodan makes an 'ah' sound to the Alastor comment "Yeah, should've figured out that it's hard enough to hide that kind of thing from a mundane person when you live with them. Even more so when that person can literally see everywhere" A dirty part of the Libertine's mind wondered if Alastor used that power to spy on Kaze and Phoenyx... talking. Yes, talking.

"Is there a lot of attrition in the Talons? And when there is, assuming the defector completed training and has been an Arrow for some time, is there any chance a cleanup squad is gonna appear to mess with us?"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze chuckles along with Shodan's comments. Then when he asks about the Adamantine Arrows, Kaze is more sober. "To be honest, the Order isn't really a monolithic organization like that. It is really different in different regions. Rank is respected everywhere, and transferable from one place to another, but...like what I said about relationships? I am pretty sure it wasn't really like that where Phoenyx was trained. From what she's said, our training was very different."

He listens to Shodan aski about the possibility of some kind of enforcement or punishment or forced recruiting squad showing up to deal with Kaze's defection. "I don't believe it's like that. They only want mages who want to be Arrows. They seem to usually have more people wanting in than they take, so they wouldn't come after me to force me to rejoin. The training is pretty tough, and we don't actually lose that many in combat, because people are pretty well prepared and don't fight alone." he says. "That's all just my impression though. I wasn't graduated long enough to experience how things are done first hand anywhere except Okinawa and here. I guess, that's just one more reason for me to prioritize my Prime and get good at cloaking and aura transformation. I don't know if you ever met 'Weavebreaker, but she was a senior Arrow when I got here, and a Master of Prime. She said she'd lived on a university campus surrounded by Seers who never knew she wasn't a Sleeper."

"How about you, Shodan? Are you thinking of trying to get a Cabal of free thinkers together again? Maybe October is interested?"
    Kaze asks. "She seems pretty scientifically minded."

S
    Shodan

An eyebrow is raised "Different how?" A simple question, with probably a complicated answer. Of course, it's a given differences would exist - after millenia of existence with little contact among Sleeper cultures - but that there's no Central Command is surprising news.

"I meant more like if there are any Arrow Secrets" And you'll note the majuscule in the Obrimos' tone "that you have or others may think you have. It's not like the Talons are just martial arts school for mages, right?" Just like the Free Council are not just a bunch of raving street corner preachers. If they were, what'd be the point? "But I have to say I'm surprised there are more volunteers than spots. The Arrow life doesn't exactly strike me as easy or full of benefits" Or are the modern mages so dutiful they're willing to submit to a murderous training regime and the perspective of premature death?

The topic shifts a bit, unexpectedly, and Shodan needs a moment to produce a good answer.

"There's not a lot of free thinkers around, at least not of the kind I could make a coherent cabal with" He admits "I haven't really gotten the feel of Spark yet. Cosmo is an argumentative asshole, so not a whole lot unlike me, but I don't think we're gonna be buddies anytime soon. Boss-man will probably frown at mingling with 'lowly Libertines'" Air quotes. No, for real, air quotes. Then, Shodan pauses for a moment, as if pondering the rest of his answer "October, though... that girl is something else, let me tell you. I think she'd make a great cabalmate, but I didn't make the offer when we talked. Figure we'd both need time to get to get to know each other better"

I write this under the assumption 'Signs of Sorcery' will enter continuity before this scene does, as seems likely

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Well, it's not really my thing to talk about. Just that Phoenyx had a really different training environment than I did, and Alastor seemed to have a totally different experience than either of us." he says. "I wouldn't say there isn't a 'high command', just that I don't know about it. And yeah, it seems like mages at least a lot of them, want to be part of something bigger than themselves. And if you're not up for all the shades of gray that comes with being a Guardian...well, I guess the Arrows are kind of a logical choice."

He nods at Shodan's list of the limited Cabal candidates. Then he grins as Shodan practically waxes poetic about October. "Yeah, you two kind of seemed to have a lot in common." he says a little too casually. "She's really smart and seems uber competent in a field that demands brains, and scientific knowledge, applied, not just theoretic."

S
    Shodan

"You're a tough nut to crack, you know that? You remind me of my brother" That second remark came out of who-knows-where, really. Certainly, Shodan didn't plan it that way, even if the substance of it is true "But fair enough. So, is that why you're always so quiet at the meetings? Because you're discreet like that and don't really do shades of grey?" He asks, genuinely interested.

The ex-Arrow's grin prompts a scowl from Shodan, and a feeling of irritation that turns inwards, with the Obrimos chastising himself for letting his guard down.

"Mhm, whatever you say Chris Harrison" says Shodan in an attempt to cover the momentary slip-up with sarcasm "We'll be totally like Savage and Hyneman in Mythbusters"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread