Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap looks around owlishly as if his full attention had been focused on Patience, and he’s having to reorient himself to see who’s around and might be interested or interesting to talk to.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

September. The last of the summer months. Soon it would be autumn and more fabric and layers.

But not yet and so her look was still summer.

Arriving, Twist brushed past whatever form of coat check existed for the new venue, only pausing before entering court proper. She could feel the pressure, her Beast pacing in restless anticipation. But she was in control, it would not get what it wanted tonight.

Once that was confirmed, she entered Court proper.

It was ...

interesting.

But first, spotting the form of Alessandra , she dropped into a curtsy of respect toward the Prince of the City. To Mable Wood she offered a deep nod of respect. And then straightening, she moved toward one of the paintings, her dark eyes flickering over the colors painted.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes Ruach, Psychangel liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Soft steps announced the Archon's coming. Her figure hit along Lenora's periphery and the Ventrue turned to face her more directly.

A cordial smile is offered and a bow of respect is granted. Lenora dares not to approach, despite the mercifully absent sense of the Beast.

Lenora and Twist have never directly spoken, but the woman is Her Majesty's personal hound and due the honor of that office.

With the formality done, Lenora again returns to observing the paintings in silence.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

After he stepped away from the Prince, Aiden surveyed the room. Many had grouped together, and were already enthralled in conversation.

Two women were viewing the paintings. The first seemed engrossed aside from the occasional greeting.

The other woman was clearly was higher in social rank. The moment she entered it seemed the entire room acknowledged her. Even the Prince. Absolutely not Aiden. She seems just fine where she is.

Finally his eyes passed over Seth Kind . Almost completely over. Aiden had barely noticed him. He seemed the only one not otherwise occupied, and so the Lord approached him and offered his hand in greeting. "We've not had the pleasure. I am Aiden Whitney. May I join you?" It wasn't every day Aiden was able to meet a kindred artist. Especially such a contradiction. A man who barely cast a shadow had created pieces that dominated the room.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Jack concluded his business with Aiden and the Prince, he spotted the arrival of Twist and bowed his head to acknowledge her. Afterwards, he made his way to pay more careful inspection of the paintings.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Seeing Lenora standing alone beside the paintings, Derek approaches, presumably with Edward following behind him. As he nears, the Shadow sees the Archon standing nearby and offers his own bow of respect to Twist . Though since neither had begun conversing he cannot know if he is interrupting or unwelcome. But these gatherings were an excuse to pretend at friendliness, so he addresses the Lord nonetheless.

"Ms. Black, is it? Good evening, I am Derek Mitnick of the Mekhet, Unbound and former Deputy in the absence of our departed Sheriff. This," Derek gestures to the Daeva behind him, "Is Edward Heinrich , another newcomer to Her Grace's Domain. Allow me to welcome you and offer my regrets for not introducing myself sooner. How are you finding Sacramento, if I might ask?"

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora had not been entirely idle. She had heard Mitnick and Heinrich's intent to speak with her, but had not seen fit to run for their attention. Such an act would be seen as desperate and Lenora was anything but a desperate woman. Instead she bided her time, awaiting the tell tale footsteps behind her and, without turning around, she smiled as Mitnick at last introduced herself.

The cordial expression remained as she turned around fully, granting Mitnick a nod of acknowledgement as he spoke his name and greeting.

"And yet your reputation precedes you Mr. Mitnick," she says, "Though I'll admit our inability to connect has been regrettable."

Thread continues here to prevent clutter

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods his head deeply in the direction of the Lady, Twist in an expression of respect.

He notices then that the man of honor, or at least the artist in residence seems to be free. Dirt Nap heads over towards Seth Kind to pay his respects.

"I like the horse in particular." he says by way of greeting. "Looks like a particular horse was in mind, not just a kind of general idea of a horse." he observes.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Another new arrival. This one looked quite... Well, 'nice' might be insulting- nice in a normal way that most kindred didn't show. Just... Plain nice. Which was pleasant.
    "By all means. I don't think I've seen you around much... What brought you to our chummy little family?"

And Dirt Nap as well. Quickly becoming a simple friend. "Thomas had chosen pieces that held a particular theme- I was asked to select those I favored, and given freedom to make additions. As per the horses- they are useful creatures, aren't they? Helping humanity since the beginning." The thief didn't want to reveal any meaning behind them so blatantly. Rather, he preferred to see what others saw first.

We can discuss things here if you two wish?
    Anything else?

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods thoughtfully at Seth Kind's invitation and explanation.

Dirt Nap joins the conversation.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread