Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily leans on against a streetlight, smoking a cigarette. It was important to appear cool and collected, when really she still had the proverbial bad feeling about this. Still, Nate wasn’t going to stop. That much was clear. So better he wasn’t alone and exposed when he did. Emily was dressed very…. well, Emily. A black Vandals t-shirt and denim shorts with spidery-patterned tights covering her legs, ending in heavy Doc Martins, and her leather jacket. Her Hair was starting to pale, having not been re-dyed, but her mascara was on-point gothic striking against her naturally pale skin.

Flicking the stub into the trash, the Ithaeur tried to inject her usual swagger back into her walk as she wandered down the corridor to the room he had somehow gathered. A familiar accented voice echoing from the room within.

How do I know that voice?

Appearing in the doorway, she swung into the doorway and leaned casually against the frame, actually surprised to see people here. Even more surprising was the voice’s owner, a confident blonde the werewolf was intimately familiar with.

“Fanculo means “Fuck”, if you couldn’t guess by context,” Emily chirps in brightly at Nate. “She says it a lot. Hi babe!” She says brightly to Circe. “Didn’t expect to see you here, looking gorgeous as ever.” She gives a casual wave to the other guy that are there.

"Hi Nate. Sorry I'm late, I had to... um... fuck, I'm just late." She shrugs, with a cocky grin. "Hi! Emily." She thrusts a hand at the one guy she doesn't know, looking him up and down.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

2. Likes Ruach, Hades_Roses, Origins liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Nathaniel's initial comments go ignored, but not because they lack merit - in fact, the reason is exactly the opposite. Tass. Perfected metals. Resonance. Whether by instinct, knowledge or dumb luck, he was onto something.

"And what makes you think that 'old' means 'accurate'? For all either of us knows the fairy tales can be just that - fairy tales. Hell, they can be the medieval equivalent of crystal healing and palm reading from our own times - a way to earn money by swindling naive people into buying holy water or protective amulets"

The mention of a brimstone pencil makes him chuckle, but soon Nathaniel moves on to something more serious "Did you come up with anything concrete on these... Others?" It's not contempt or disbelief that colors Shodan's words, but interest with a note of suspicion - both valid when talking about topics like that.

Oh God, they got to Kaze too. If the slightly mispronounced name didn't tip him off enough, the mention of healing through non-conventional medicine and belief was certainly enough. Shodan commits it to memory to mention it next time he meets the Arrow. For the moment, though, Shodan listens to 'Nathaniel and 'Merry' talk about ECOs "The thing about energy is that it can't be created or destroyed, only transformed" Well, that is not strictly true, as any Adept of Forces knows, but how would they? "Meaning, long exposure to... I dunno, a pious priest or bloody battles or whatever doesn't create energy like you described it, only tranfers it from the source. Which leads us to the question of where did that source get the energy in the first place?"

So, he was kind of right? The pair wants to go ghost hunting? He nods when the Italian mentions found footage, of course he knew what it meant "And how are you going to test it if not through experiments? And how are you going to experiment without ghosts? Or do you have a handy laser grid with spectral prisoners like in Ghostbusters?" He smiles at the woman, and then another person appears, confidently flowing to their gathering.

"Adam" He replies to the goth with dyed hair, shaking her hand "Friends of yours?" Or more than friends, it might seem.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Merry was as... Well, 'merry' as ever. She seemed to have an interest in guns. Well, more of an interest. He gives a nervous chuckle and rubs the back of his head as she defines her sarcasm and gives more expletives describing her creation. Mother above and Father below, how bombastic can someone be...Regardless, her exaggerations made Nathaniel completely (and perhaps, conveniently) not realize that Shodan hadn't commented on his first string of words.

Adam had a decent question, when he spoke. And one Nathaniel had pondered for quite some time, on why older stories were true- he couldn't very well say 'Because I can trace my history back to the beginning and call actual witnesses of the events'- and even then, Spirits didn't know everything. So... Why did Nathaniel put more stock into older stories? "It's a bit... Difficult to explain. Here's my theory on it- back then, people didn't quite understand the world right? So they made stories that explained them in often... Fantastical ways (or fantastical ways made these stories, perhaps). In the past, humanity's view of the world easily allowed for 'Others' to be more open- because many people would have had no trouble believing these things. Knowledge wasn't spread and acquired so easily, and the World wasn't as understood as it is today- wasn't as controlled, maintained, or observed. 'Others' could hide in plain sight, perhaps- or hide with less fear of slipping. So while some older stories might very well be false... I'm almost certain they hold the largest grains of truth."

And then he asked on anything concrete. "The only concrete thing I can say, an important rule I've made, is that for an 'Other' to be classified and detectable by our means it has to follow or adapt to the laws and rules that govern the world. Not necessarily because an 'Other' couldn't completely shatter these rules- but because if they did, those things would probably be impossible to detect anyways (at least, detect as something not natural). So any existence of 'Other' will likely only be found rooted in normal laws. We have to be able to observe or measure it. Kinda basic, I know, but it's important"

Adam seemed to already understand that- to an extent, if his talk on energy was something to go by. "The best I can theorize is that a sort of force is created by living beings, and that such a force can affect the properties of things in this world- and perhaps fuel them? If it isn't measurable by some means then we're out of luck, so we have to work with what we can observe and kinda hope something sticks."

Merry brought up the powder-bombs. Adam seemed... Was it skeptical? "We're testing whether things carry an anomalous energy, and whether the powder bombs actually work. There's a reason they've got a little bit of everything- we don't know what, if anything, we'll encounter out there. That's also why I'd like to add peppers or some other irritant, for the living or 'Other' things we might run into- and then, as Merry said- run away FROM." Luckily, he wasn't loaded enough to afford silver powder- which was a good enough excuse. Double luckily, Nathaniel knew that wolfsbane wasn't quite as poisonous as legend went on- and even if it was in the mix, the plant needed a spirit to work. "As for experiments.... Mausoleums, caves, forests- we could try out a place where I think the Ley Line's intersect. See if they leave something measurable under the right conditions. In truth, a lot of this is Theory- discussing stuff, trying to find the right avenue."

Wait was that... "Hey sis! Didn't think you'd make it- thanks for coming." It meant a lot, as the warm smile showed.
    "We were just discussing what properties might leave to a place or object being charged by 'Others'- I've said that too much. We need something snappy, like ECO. Anyways, we were discussing how to measure such things, and what might work."

5. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

She blinks at Emily's arrival. Then has a perverted grin cross her face, "Ooooh what a pleasant surprise, sadly our Sunny buddy ain't vistin' as far as I know. But that'd be quite the distraction fer all of us," she winks at Emily. If Sonnie did show up then Circe would have questions about monkey stalkers, "And bein' late do ta sex is a great excuse," she gives Emily a thumbs up. Then walks over to whisper to Emily, "So did I actually give ya my name or only my clubbing name? Remember more deeds then words from that night," another wink, "Yer deeds were Herculean by the way."

As for proof, "Eh," Circe hovers her hand in the gesture for not really, "Proof is a fickle thing. Like, hmmm," she bounces the plastic bagged ball in her hand. Then she points at Nathaniel when he gets to the part of obeying the laws of the mortal world. "Yeah if they can tell reality ta fanculo itself we'd never find 'em," nor would these fragile mundies want to find Them for that matter, "So small then big. And ya got some proof with the fact that cross cultures ya will find lots of people have matching myths fer fighting monsters. Sacred sites, silver, monster OCD, and mirrors. Like ya have stories of blood drinkin' humanoids from everywhere with most hating mirrors."

As for the powder bombs, "Well this one has chalk in it ta, ya know, test how well this works. With witnesses. We can blame students fer the mess." She again tosses the plastic bag up and catches it on the way down. There is some blue powder inside the bag. "Go another one with that spices mix we talked about," she pats her luggage," Might need a finer grain. Or," she shrugs, "Gunpowder and a cannon fuse."

She looks to Adam with a shit eating grin, "The energy is juju, woo-ooo," was the joking answer. Also better explanation for the mundies then Horrid Beings from Beyond the Fields You Know or that sword might actually have once been a person. And wasn't that horrifying to think that maybe the Lady of the Lake was a Keeper that gave Arthur a sword that had once been a human being. Though Nathaniel's explanation about measuring was far better. "But yeah like Nate here says, by the way really stupid we didn't introduce ourselves last time that's on us. Anyhow he got the good plans I'm just yer engineer," she retracts quickly to a different topic.

She then looks to Nathaniel and bounces the ball in a bag one more time, "I'm gonna go out on ah limb and say ya didn't think ta set up a target fer tryin' this, did ya Nate?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

7. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hey Adam!" Emily beams. "Oh, yeah. Nate works a desk for me. Gotta admit, I was sceptical of this whole thing but he seems to find people! And this one," she points at Circe, "is just trouble, and so much fun. We met... hmmm... at a Dive bar was it? Can't even remember. Seems like we've known each other forever."

The werewolf gives her packmate a smile. "Yeah, well... You do realise I'm mostly here to heckle, right? Like, the only charging others do to me is my bar tab?" Emily gives Nate a reassuring smile so he knows she's joking. Mostly.

Eyes flick up and down Circe. Just can't help herself. She can be distracting," she replies with a smile. The whisper has a smirk slide across her face. " Is this business or pleasure?" Circe was certainly the name from their tryst a few weeks ago, but Emily had met Mary I the Man in Black. Who was she being today?

The compliment has the Ithaeur smirk, waggling her eyebrows. "I do try to make them legendary. But if you ever wanna try again, my door's always open..." she teases.

The conversation moves back to their occult topic before her arrival. Yeah, it's weird how many collective weaknesses and traits cross cultures.must be a reason, right?"

9. Likes Origins, Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

A huge giant of a man, seven feet tall if he's an inch, pokes his head in curiously, like he's just following his nose, so to speak.

"Oh. Hey." he says to Nathaniel, "Knew you'd forget about refreshments." He pauses, taking in the odd mix of people, familiar and unfamiliar. "Haven't seen you since the fight." he says to Circe. "That was good times."

He comes in carrying bags of hot, aromatic food marked as take out from Kiki's Chicken Place, and unpacks styrofoam boxes of chicken wings, greasy fries, and waffles. Lots of them. Easily enough food to feed twenty or thirty people. Then he grins and settles into a seat with a box of his own, eating chicken wings and apparently making himself comfortable without commenting on the purpose of the gathering.

11. Likes Hades_Roses, Origins liked this post
    S
    Shodan

So, Nate's big revelation was that... cross your fingers and hope supernaturals are nice enough to follow mundane rules so you can detect and classify them? It takes some weight off of Shodan's mind: if these people are hunters then they have little to no clue what they're doing.

"You're not hearing me" He says to the man's musings on forces created by living beings "Any 'force' you think of cannot be created if it follows the rules of energy as we know it - and remember, you yourself said there needs to be overlap or this whole thing is pointless. But it can be converted. From other energy. Or mass, that is - matter. In any case, that'd posit the 'auras' of objects and places were present in some form since the creation of the universe, only manifesting as 'artifacts' or 'cursed houses' after being changed from something else. It'd work a bit like radioactive decay" Or literal decay. See also - supposed miracles performed at saints' burial grounds.

Shodan looks at the spherical bombs Merry prepared "I'd say if you hunt something with physical body, gunpowder and fuses are your go-to remedium. Spices mix, though? That's a first. What's in it?" The woman sounded Italian. Not to be stereotypical, but of course Italians will think spices are a solution to any problem.

The mage listens to all three voicing their thoughts on interconnecting supernatural stories with common elements. In truth, they weren't that far off - venture deep enough into the Astral Realm and you'll reach the collective dreams of all humanity - but that doesn't mean Shodan can't mess with them a little "Yeah, only false memories are a thing. Cultures mixed since forever, and the common points might just be the work of one guy who told a story to another guy over beer, then that second guy tells the same story to a third guy in a neighbor country and pretty soon everyone is convinced they saw the same thing, even though it's just their brains looking for patterns where there aren't any. Tunnel vision, if you will"

So, Nathanield 'works a desk' for Emily? Yeah, right. Shodan'd be hard-pressed to find a receptionist that calls his boss 'sis', smiles at her in such a friendly manner and even gets some of that smile back. Whether Emily's lie is innocent or sinister the Obrimos doesn't know, but resolves to be on his guard around her "Right. Heckling is good, though - keeps the thorists on their toes. As close to peer-review as you can get with that kind of thing"

With the banter between the two women it becomes abundantly clear what their relationship is. Shodan'd tell them to get a room, if he wasn't concerned they're going to scheme if left unsupervised. And then a walking mountain of a man appears, with the amount of food suitable for an apocalypse "Is there a football team coming?" He says looking at the styrofoam boxes, unsure.

"And I have a distinct feeling everyone in this room knows everyone else, except me"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Nathaniel were drinking just then, he would have choked. Emily and Merry were an item? That made things... Awkward. As did their severe openness. Not that the pup had an issue- just wasn't what he'd expected out of the Occult Club. Granted, the pup doubted anyone could ever really 'expect' Merry. "Didn't find any suitable places yet- but the map I've made has several areas where Ley Lines intersect. We could always check there."

Nathaniel takes a chance to clear his throat after they... Reintroduce themselves to one another... And after Emily's piece on interchanging cultures. "Stories that cross cultures are a great indication of some sort of Template one can ascribe to these 'Others,' in groups. Demons, Ghosts, Skinwalkers- that's just to name a few. It also gives us a better idea of what to look for. If all legends include the means to exorcise a ghost, then chances are it'll actually be effective. While some sort of hysteria or word-salad could also be the cause, accepting that explanation gives us little to work with. As I've explained- I tend to focus on things I can observe and measure and have at least a basis in. If all those legends are mostly fake, we'd likely have just as much a chance at finding an Omnipotent Omniscient Creator of the Universe."

Adam speaks again- Nathaniel would love to do more work with him. Write an 'Academic' paper with him sometime, or discuss some of his ideas in greater detail. He seemed quite scholarly. "The second scenario, of all things possessing this quality and needing triggered, is another potential explanation- if a somewhat unnerving one to contemplate, perhaps." For humans, at least- Uratha knew that a spirit dwelled within most everything. "It's also possible that we don't understand energy fully- or, worst case scenario, these 'artifacts' all defy our normal laws in such a way as to make them less detectable." Which, considering that many Fetishes and Talens easily took the form of and acted as mundane objects... Was dishearteningly a possibility.

Then Matt came. What, was this a pack meeting now?! Father below and Mother above, the pup just hoped things would go well. The food was nice, though- granted Nathaniel was quite sure the only reason he could bring it in at all was because the Library receptionist had been too afraid to say otherwise. The pup rubs the back of his head at Adam's words.

"It's a small city? Um... Right we probably need something to focus on. These materials we were talking about- any idea for popular contenders? Bone and Gemstones are common ones I've found. Or we could talk more about Ley Lines- heck I could probably write an entire paper on that subject now. Or... Any other topics someone wants to discuss?" With all the characters in this room, something would pop up. Nathaniel was glad he'd seemed to have pulled in at least a few humans- maybe the club would take root?

14. Likes Origins, Ruach liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Great ta know yer against locks and totally true on yer skills," she agreed with Emily, "This is business right now." Circe then smiles with a wink, 'Pleasure ain't off the table."

Circe's amusement grew as Shodan tried to apply the rules of science to the supernatural. As for his praise of her methods, "Well that philosophy is more Howard and less Lovercraft," she gives a thumbs up, "That is a great philosophy I can get behind." As for the spices, "Currently garlic, white sage, salt, some habanero, sulfur, and a sprig of ground up wolfsbane."

As for the arguments of cross cultural commonality Circe knew one that was true. The belief that iron was better for fighting monsters, not being deals with evil beings, and various lessons of being careful what you wish for. That was the Keepers to a T. So she'd go in a different direction, "Sorry Adam I am gonna hafta agree with Nate. I mean so many of 'em say silver hurts evil but from a practical standpoint? Silver is soft and shit fer weapons. But," Circe shrugs with a smile, "Or we just don't know reality as well as ya boys think ya do. How goes the saying? Things man wasn't meant ta know?" She elbows Emily in the side, "Good thing we ain't men right?"

Circe squinted at Matt taking a moment to place him in the fight club. "Oh yeah! Bare knuckle boxing is a great sport. Great ta see ya brought free food buuuuut," she eyes the plastic bag in her hand, "Testing this just became way more complicated because that smells good. And that football team will have ta get in line."

"Clearly Adam ya need ta get out more, socialize, and make more friends,"
    Circe gleefully heckles Shodan. As for focus for the project, "Dude I already built ya defensive powder bombs, got ya a couple of them meters, and now ya want rubies? Ya are really challenging my skills as an engineer. Also I do make fake gems. Imma grab some thighs then start typin' up shit everybody is saying." Circe turns to Emily with a smarmy grin, "Chicken thighs that is. Fer now," she winks.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

16. Likes Hades_Roses, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's werewolf senses pick up the scent of inbound food, prompting a Pavlovian reaction and she licks her lips. Unsurprisingly (in her mind) Matt then arrives with a veritable banquet. She gives him a small nod.

She turns back to "Adam", and drops languidly into a chair. "Come on, dude. I'm with these guys. You're telling me you could legendary monster-killing methods like stakes through the heart and metal weaknesses like silver or cold Iron are just Chinese whispering all around the world? Nah, I don't buy it."

Then Nate starts talking about.... science not understanding energy? It's all a bit Sci-fi to her. "Wait, so energy might behave in another type of way to what we thing? Whatever man. I'll stick to greasing up cars rather than try ta re-write Einstein's work." She looks at him, confused. "Hold up... contenders for what?"

Circe gets a playful look. "Whatever you say." She listens to the discussion. "Yeah, I don't mind learning things the fragile male mind can't handle! I bet we could see things they've only dreamed of, huh Mary?" She grins, returning the nudge with the elbow. "Wait, what boxing was this?" she asks, but the mention of food makes her stomach rumble - food was second on her list of werewolf sustainable hedonism, and to her mind maybe only Sonnie wanted it more than she did. "Never mind. Break for lunch?"

18. Likes Ruach, Hades_Roses liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread