Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Mission Impawsible) Everything Beagle

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

0 Scenes

The Intrepid Lost, tasked with the retrieval of a Hob's son. A dogish sort with fur of brown, with white arrows on his crown, socks of black, and apparently an apatite for bagel snacks. Or so the trash that the Mama Dog has given the Lost, their only tangible clue, pointing to La Bou Bakery & Cafe a place, as Wyrd have it, a few streets away from the Freehold's seat, Funderland. Though the Lost would know that La Bou is a chain of cafe's that dot around the Sacramento landscape.

Choosing the right location might be key in finding the Hob's lost son. Whom she worries, the Snatchers will find and lock him in a small cage of Iron before Sacramento's Lost can rescue him from this Ruff crowd he's fallen into, and send him safely home.

Moving from the Thorns to the mundane amusement park, the gathered Lost must decide where, exactly, to start.

2. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Coming back out into Funderland, Sonnie stretched like she sat through a long car ride and just stepped out of the vehicle. She visually scanned the amusement park, and provided no mortals were in earshot, the Beast turned to her adventuring companions.

"Okie dokie! Shia LeBouf is..." she glanced about, then pointed in a direction, "...that way!" She blinked, "No, wait..." she double checked the clue bag, "La Bou! That's it! Shall we head there now? I dunno where else to look."

Laughing, she tucked the paper bag back into her messenger bag and set her hands on her hips, "I can, um, like enhance my senses. That might help find Puppy Boy. Anybody got other ideas? Starlight? Blueberry? Garden Gnome?" She had nicknames for everyone, it seemed.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

4. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed gives the Beast a squinty look when she uses her 'nickname' for him. But doesn't say anything.

"I'm thinking cafe first. See if this is even the right location, you know? And then move on from there."

What else can they do?

"Maybe you can...pick up his scent there?" he says to Sonnie. He's not sure of the nomenclature.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe did as she said she would. Put the shotgun away so she'd not walk around the street with it. She'd walk around with the firing pin because she is paranoid. Blue hands slammed her trunk closed to with the shotgun and its shells in her trunk. "Well," she said looking over the car at Sonnie, "I picture of Pupper would'a worked great fer the whole have ya seen my dog angle."

Circe walks around the car to lean against the front door as she checked her phone, "Hup, found the pound, that's me first round," like it as even remotely hard to do, "We could also ask at the cafe about wild dog packs. Claim ta be college students doin' a paper or animal lovers or that kinda shit they do. But best ta get the stories ta align first, ya know?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She followed immersed in an almost religious silence. By now she was inured to the antics of her bestial companion, instead what was driving her to be more pensive than usual was the unexpected circumstance of their encounter with the cute and fluffy despairing hob-dog dog-hob. There was something puzzling, something which she still couldn't put her finger on. Could a hob-dog even withstand the restless and disbelieving gazes of the unenchanted mortal horde? Could they tell the hob apart from any other mundane stray? (Yes, they could)
    Soon they'd know the answer to the enigma.

If she were a dog, she'd avoid crowded places. But a dog she wasn't... HOWEVER!
    "Lady Sonja", the Fairest cleared her throat, "since you're the one among us, ehm... more attuned to her basal self", she paused as if to find the right words, "I think it wouldn't be far fetched to hypothesize that you might be able to mimic our quarry's thought-processes". It was a peculiar ability, to be able to sound both offensive and reasonable in the same sentence.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

0 Scenes

The sun warms, as a wind picks up. A chill on the horizon. The Seasons' turn would be upon them soon.

Feel free to continue planning and when you're good to go ping me

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie closed her eyes a moment and felt the breeze. Autumn was on the way. "Mmm, soon it'll be time for pumpkin spice lattes. That's a thing girls like, apparently."

Opening her peepers, the Beast looked at Reed and gave him a small shrug, "I'm not a bloodhound. Monkeys can't track by scent. Still, primate senses are better than those of a human."

A nod was given to Circe, as she held up the take-out bag. "I doubt a hob dog could pay for bagels. He must have swiped this from someone. The staff might remember a customer who wanted a replacement order after they got mugged by a pooch."

Those golden eyes shifted towards Titania, an eyebrow raising, "My dear Starlight, are you suggesting I have the mind of a dog? I'll have you know that monkeys are far more intelligent than..." she paused a beat as a thought occurred to her. Sonnie then slapped her own forehead, "D'oh!"

Shaking her head, "I have a dog! I should run home and get him! Fugly could help find Boy! Maybe. Somehow."

10. Likes Origins liked this post

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed looks a little abashed at Sonnie's reply. A little flustered. "No...I mean," he sputters. "I wasn't calling you a dog or anything. It's just..." He pushes his hat back and scratches his moss-covered head. "Oh forget it. Sorry." The Garden Gnome gives the Simian Babe an apologetic smile. His teeth are brown.

Do they serve at this place? Reed could use a drink. He misses Sonnie's whole dog routine while he's thinking about it.

"So, ok. We go to the cafe." He pauses. "The one down the street or...?" He looks from Sonnie to Circe and Titania. "You know, they're all over." You buy a lot of coffee when you work as early as Reed does.

And drink as much as he does. That too.

"What's the receipt say?" he asks. These days, receipts usually have the location's address on there somewhere. It's a place to start.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe let out a sigh as seemingly nobody had considered how they'd lie to the mortals about all this. And she raised her right eyebrow and ear as she looked to Titania. She just said what about the monkey girl? Whatever she'd say to object was stopped by Sonny's antics and head slap. "Cosa?"

And that was unexpected. "Sonny never do that with a gauntlet. Second I ain't sure another dog will help if Boy thinks bein' Iron Side is cooler. Learnin' that pet dogs get free room, board, belly rubs, and play time might not be the best. Alternatively," she wags her phone in the air, "Showin' him what happens ta wild mutts like neutering and gassing could convince him ta turn tail. And, uh, Sonnie were ya like," she squints as she thinks how to phrase this, "Suggestin' we be claim ta be lookin' fer the dogs fer the bizarre story of them gettin' better at adaptin' ta urban life?"

As for Reed's comment about cafe reproduction rates, that got a giggle from Circe, "I'm an Italian who works late nights, I am totally a coffee addict Reed. I won't complaint that the cafes pop up fasta then rats breed," she taps her phone, "Will bitch about the quality, and got address." She then pockets her phone, "And do we all have the same story fer what were tellin' the mundies? Cazzate don't work if ya sling too wide a variety at the same time."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The Steepscrambler tilted her head to one side, peering curiously at Circe, "Uh, no. I dunno why you want to come up with some oddball story about being college students. Can't we just say we're looking for Reed's missing dog, and we're his friends helping him to look? Lies get fouled up when they're too complicated," she nodded, sagely. "And I doubt the bakery staff will give a crap about our backstory, anyway."

At Reed's question, she double checked the receipt. "Uh, this is for bagels, I think. This thing uses a lot of abbreviations. Unless bgl stands for beagle. But I dunno why they'd put a dog on the receipt." The Beast shrugged, "Let's just go to the place nearby. If there's more La Bou joints in town, we'll worry about it later, okay?"

Sonnie seemed perfectly content to wing it, and eager to get moving.

14. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread