Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

"Apology accepted," says the Wizened, draining his glass once again. This time he sets it down without refilling it. Feeling a little guilty for going after Abe so hard. Is it that he knows the Flowering is right? "No hard feelings. Like I said, my sort can be dicks." He tries to play it off with a smile, but he just looks tired. And a little drunk.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Safe houses. Bolt holes. Both sides. Places to fall back if" when "our people need to." They pick up on the idea quick, and it cheers him a little. He crosses his arms in front of him, listening to Circe toss out some options. "Yeah, I'm gonna need help. I'm good at saving my own skin. Making that work for other folks...that'll be new." But he's gotta do something beyond simply watch out for himself, work, and drink. This is an opportunity to make a contribution. And maybe save himself.

"First thing I'll need is for you two to help me scout out locations. No big rush. Just something to keep in mind."

He pauses while Circe gets a refill, grinning at her. His eyes are a touch blood shot and he's leaning a little in his chair.

"So we've been talking about my plans. How about you guys? Anything specific you want to tackle? Items high on the list that need doing?"

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham quickly takes care of Circe's refill, mulling over all that the Larcenist said. The Flowering also nods at Reed's acceptance of apology (even though, as he keenly noted, none was actually offered), happy the matter is put to rest.

"Do you have any specific locations, or types of locations, in mind?" He asks the Wizened "In any case, that sounds like a good moment to exchange contact information. Circe, Reed, you know my number already. When you're ready just call and I'll be there" Not working a nine-to-five job had its perks.

"As for my plans... there are two things I want to take care of as quickly as possible. First, I have reason to believe there are Hedge Wardens present in the area. It'll take me a moment to find them, but I'll reach out, see if they'd consider helping us somewhat. And, I'll make no secret of that, I considered joining" Which may sound selfish, but with their renown and Oath boons granted for things Abraham does anyway, it'll help the Freehold indirectly as well "The second thing for me is to develop more robust network of friends among the people on the streets. The homeless, the beggars, the street performers - they see a lot while not being seen themselves. And no motley can be everywhere" So they'd benefit from early warnings.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Scouting shouldn't be too hard Reed, but Abe is right it depends on what ya wanna setup up," Circe lets out a pleased sigh as Abe solves her empty glass problem, "Grazie Abe."

She then looks to Reed, "Way I see it Reed yer makin' forts or caches. Forts need lotsa work and a good spot. Now supply caches ear easy ta setup. Just find a good hidin' spot. Or make one mundy side with plywood, plaster, paint, and the supplies ya wanna hide," that was how she'd hidden that Makarov and money years ago. Though for generic supplies it would probably be money, purified water, or long term food stuffs. Hedge caches were harder by a lot. Too many hobgoblin looters or that'd try to eat the supplies.

Circe looks to Abraham then sips her glass, "A hobo spy ring? I like the sound o' that. Cheers ta that plan!" She raises her glass and drinks. "Hedgespun fer me." She puts down the beverage, "Before glass face spooked him outta town Cole and I were tryin' to organize a motley of crafty 'lings. Setup his old Hollow as a center for buidling shit," she laughs bitterly, "Even had plans fer a Hedge smashin' machine. With like chainsaw arms, threshers, and shit." She picks her tequila back up to drink more, "Long term goal, like Hedgespun super armor. Not important right. Hedgespun. I want ta figure out how ta do it and how ta build shit with it. Ta do that I need Cole's old forge. I want ta take it," she scowls before raising up her free hand in the one moment gesture, "Not stealin' it. He left it ta me. I can use that fer work, both Hedgespun and mundy work. I have no problem it bein' an emergency shelter fortress thing but I want ta go through with by old plans ta Hedgecraft stuff."

Circe then stops to sip more, "And if we are puttin' more feelers out with folks I can start gettin' more friends amongst the crooks. Or hobs, kinda the same thing," she raises her arms wide with a smile, "They both like me fer I can supply them with death to their foes! And lampadina!" Circe spins the chair before stopping to point at Abraham, "Yer future Warden bros! These hypothetical bros would like ta get Kalashnikovs right? I mean if the Freehold is the hand that feeds 'em they ain't gonna bite it."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed nods at Abe’s suggestion. He digs in his pocket and pulls out a couple of business cards, handing them over to his fellow Lost. It’s a simple print job, white card stock and green ink reading: TLC, Total Lawn Care, Reed Mills, [phone number]

”You need me, you can reach me there,” he says. Settling back into place. The garden gnome is looking tired. A day of work and a lot of booze can do that to you.

”Nothing specific as of yet,” he hasn’t really considered the matter beyond the abstract. “Abandoned buildings on this side would be ideal. Squatting-like, you know. Small Hollows on the other. Pockets in the hedge.” He shrugs. “Just way-stations for people to hole-up until things die down, or until they can get out of town.” He looks to Circe, his eyes heavy-lidded: “You’re right. Nothing fancy.” Fancy won’t matter when the shit hits the fan.

“What’s a Hedge Warden? Like a cop?” He asks. They’re talking about stuff above his pay grade.

Circe goes off about hedge crafting and Reed listens intently. “I don’t know the first thing about that stuff, but I’d like to help. Learn, if you’re willing to teach.” The garden gnome can be crafty, but hedgespun stuff is a whole other world.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham resists the urge to take notes as Circe takes the lead on the plan to develop a network of emergency resources, with Reed following closely behind her. Personally, the knight-errant had little experience with that. It was one thing to prepare safe shelter for one person, but completely another to build and maintain several of them on both sides of the Thorns.

"A spy ring, yes" He says and returns Circe's toast, only to find himself slightly perplexed by the concept of... whatever the Summers were thinking of building "A... Hedge-smashing machine? Like a Hedgespun automaton? I've seen a couple of those, but never really understood how they work" From what he heard, they were a bit different from any other 'spun item. In what way, he cannot begin to explain.

In any case, the Flowering approves of the Queen's plans with a nod. Before things went to shit he planned to get some magical equipment from Cole, ask the price. Maybe there'll be a chance for that yet?

"I think they wouldn't frown on any firepower you'd throw their way" He says with a chuckle, then takes a sip of his drink "I still have to find them first, though"

He pockets Reed's business card, commiting to memory to put it somewhere safe in his apartment "More like... skirmishers, from what I've heard. They try to keep the Thorn paths secure, reliably connect Freehold's through them. Give us an edge in disrupting the Gentry's plans or at least an early warning where they come a-calling" He says "That said, I wouldn't mind if they gave away the cop shades"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe records the number in her phone as she takes the card before flipping around the phone to show Reed. It has a full screen display of a telephone number, "This is my club numba. I have a few fer work too but this'll be the one I answer when I'm available fer Lost business."

As for way stations that got Circe rambling, "So solid walls fer the Hedge. Probably want somethin' with a solid door or borrow one from Iron side. Maybe a bear trap or two on the inside fer those feeling nervous to put out. This side, hmm, take an abandoned building and make a room extra secure. Rope drop bolt holes. Medical supplies. Iron side stuff this is."

She sips more alcohol and is starting to feel a buzz. "Cool man. Ya need ta know the juju side with buildin' shit is the issue. I got the latter but workin' on the former."

Circe then turns upon Abraham with a manic tooth filled smile, "Ooooh I didn't know about that! I'd have loved ta build me a murderbot minion." Then deflates with a sigh as she shakes her head, "But no. We were thinkin' those robot assembly arms with chainsaws bolted onta like a snowcat or something. Maybe a plow on the front. Kinda a vaffanculo Thorns I can make my own road. Cole made an engine already but without him it is a long ways off."

As for the question of what a Hedge Warden was Circe shrugged, not knowing, but figured the name meant some type of fighter so customers. And a positive, "Excellent! If yer joinin' 'em I guess no need ta warn I don't truck with flesh traders," which was either a vote in favor of Abraham's integrity or his familiarity with Circe. Possibly both, "Now I really need ta get Cole's Hollow so I can get them inta the country easier."

Circe snorted in disgust at the suggestion of attire. "Fuck shades. See if they'll give ya a duster ta wear. Help ya hide weapons, looks cool, totally cowboy shit."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask

Mien

PRE

Reed takes out his cell phone and records Circe's number under the name "Blue Babe." Abe's is already in there, under "Mr. Flowers."

He listens, looking a little overwhelmed as Circe runs down different security features for bolt holes on either side of the hedge. "Well, uh...that all sounds good. I mean, yeah. Great." Feeling distinctly out his depth.

"Say, Abe, you got any beer in here?" he asks, turning his attention to the Flowering. "Need to rehydrate, know what I mean?" He offers them a crooked smile that just looks tired.

With that he kind of simmers down, listening to their back and forth.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham listens to circe, and his vivid imagination is already hard at work, picturing the elf in a monster truck-sized Hedge machine, plowing right through the Thorns, Hobgoblins and Keepers. The vision brings a smile to his face.

As for the rest of her musings, they are noted but not commented on. An experienced smuggler like the Summer Queen sure knows what she is doing (as evidenced by the Winter present not interjecting), so the knight-errant happily lets her take the lead "I'm no Croesus, but I can help buy or scrounge the things we'd need"

And as for the topic of the Wardens and their outfits... "Yeah. A duster. Why didn't I think of that?" He is clearly amused at the thought. A bit of effort and the Doc Holliday vibe is not far off.

Reed's question brings him back into reality "We have just about anything drinkable in here" He replies "Any preferences?"

We seem to be naturally winding down. We can head towards closing, unless there's more you'd like to add?

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask

Mien

PRE

“Anything American and cheap Abe.”

Reed yawns and stretches. “Think this one might need to be my last,” he says sheepishly.

”So who else we thinking about inviting to join this little club?” They’ve talked demographics, but not specific individuals. Not that Reed knows the membership of the freehold that well himself.

I’m good to close whenever.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe finished her tequila and give a wise answer to Abraham's question, "I duh know," as she shrugged while taking his query at face value.

Blue lips part in a smirk, "Reed Reed Reed, I could mkae so many politician jokes outta yer order ya know that right? Aaand I think we're lookin' fer something in ta round out the ensemble that is ta be the Motley of, uh, shit we don't have a name. Not generic like team kickass or Blue's Clues," she smiles widely, "I'm against the latter because I'd look terrible tryin' ta dress like Sherlock. Anyway as fer roundin' out the ensemble of a motley I was thinkin' we look fer something in an Autumn."

Good to close. Sorry for the posting delay hope you all had fun this week.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.