Ended
Watch

Why Can't We Be Friends?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

As Summer wanes, slowly giving way to Autumn, Abraham's clothing changes color - now it's mostly shades of brown and green, with the occasional drop of orange. Built more for function than style, as is appropriate when one ventures into the Hedge. Even if the Flowering's first and only stop today is the Spring Hollow, his sword rests under the Tavern's counter.

Although he cannot hope to match John Doe's mastery with drinks, it doesn't mean he can't prepare some basics. There are glasses of every type available, as well as beer, wine and stronger concoctions. Building a cheeseboard that gives equal space to meats, crackers, mustard and actual cheese proved to be more difficult, but in the end the knight-errant is pleased with the result enough to put it on display at the counter.

Leaning on the bar like it's the gunwale of a ship (no point in sitting when you might be called to serve something), the Fairest is waiting. Reed Mills and Circe were notified of the date, now all that remains is to see if they'll show up.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

In defiance of the changing seasons, Circe was dressed in plain grey. Not her usual suits or stunning dress but simple linen button tunic and trousers today. She'd done enough fancy for today.

She'd also brought a bag with her, containing her a few things and some might actually contribute to the festivities. Bonbons and clothes probably not, though maybe the former if the boys got really drunk. The acquired 30 year old scotch probably. If not then it went to the bar, Circe didn't do scotch. Circe waves with her free hand to Abebraham, "Yo Abe, hows the honest bartendin' treatin' ya?!"

Continuing to join him at the bar she drops the bag with a audible clink of glass. She turns to face Abraham as she leans against the bar with her left shoulder, "Guess I drive fasta then Reed, and brought a lil' surprise that I doubt ya'd need," she waggles her eyebrows and bounces her ears at the cheap rhym.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

(Strengthen Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Reed is late.

Not his fault really, he's been working since before sun up. A big job, landscaping for one of those nondescript office parks downtown. The kind of job that can land you a steady paycheck.

But now he's rushing. No time to go home and change. They'll just have to deal with the smell of sweat and grass and gasoline.

The Wizened turns up with his work clothes on: heavy white t-shirt stained with grass and dirt. Black works pants and boots. The ever-present straw hat. His mask is strengthened. Save for his shadow, Reed looks like any old working man.

He sidles up to bar and sits heavily. "Circe, Abe. Good to you see you again. Thanks for the invite." He looks at the spread closely and then to Abraham. "You got whiskey back there?"

A
    Abraham Norton

"Well, I thought slaying Hedgebeasts is something of a niche market, I can think of, so I decided to expand" He grins at Circe, wiping one of the glasses for the milionth time before putting it back down. The knight-errant whistles in awe upon seeing the elf's gift "Thank you. I hope we get to finish it today and I won't have to share" The Flowering smirks.

He smells Reed before he sees him. The scent of grass wouldn't be that out of place, but gasoline gives him away completely. And the straw hat, helpful in identification with the lack of mien.

"Incidentally, yes" Abraham points to the bottle of scotch "Thanks to Circe, we got the whiskey here. Is that what you all will be having?" He waits for them to place their order, then works to fulfill it. It shouldn't be too hard, the Tavern is really well-stocked. As for the Flowering, he'll be pouring himself a glass of that 30-year old goodness later.

"So, Sacramento... I recall you calling it a place to stop. A hunch. I'd be interested to hear where - and from where - do you think your road leads, Reed" What's your Desire, Mr. Mills? Everybody has one. Or more than one The Spring's voice is warm, soft and pleasant, like a meadow of flowers bathed in the sun.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe smiles at the joke. "Depends on how thirsty ya boys are fer what I hafta offer," then waggles her eyebrows at the choice of phrasing. And Reed is here!

"Sup Reed, and I am the woman that can find somethings ya may need," with a smile ad wide as her full arm shrug, "And ya both know the rest o' the song." Turning to Abraham she asks, "Tequila slammer fer me again if ya please," before turning to Reed. Circe made a little rapid clap as she plastered on a false smile, "Ooooh story time. I myself see my road leadin' ta a commandin' a battalion o' tanks ta against Them, oh ho ho ho ho!"

Circe then gets an expression as her ears move. It calls for a question mark above her head, "Yo Abe? Question fer ya. Does this place have, like, a kitchen kinda thing or just the bar? Plans fer next time and all that."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

"Always thirsty," the Wizened replies to Circe. "And if I need anything, I'll be sure to look you up first." Look you up and down, at least. He gives her a wink that's maybe less than wholesome.

"Oh really?" Reed looks from the scotch to Circe, then to Abe, seemingly surprised. "Well, if you don't mind flushing gold down the toilet, pour away." He'll drink it 'till it's gone and then move on to more familiar rot-gut.

So, it's gonna be show and tell? Okay.

"My road? It's as poorly paved as any other. Lots of potholes." He takes his hat off, sets it on the bar beside him. Runs a hand through his greasy hair.

"Pour me some of that," he indicates the bottle of scotch with a tip of his head. "And let me ask you this: you guys spend much time with Winter courtiers?" From what he's seen, Sacramento is pretty thin on his seasonal kin. Or maybe they're just really good at hiding.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham laughs loudly when Circe mentions storming Arcadia with tanks "That's a long way away, though, isn't it?" He'd never discourage following one's own Desire, but clearly there will be many stops on that road "And of course the Tavern has a kitchen. Why do you ask?" Was Circe a cook as well? He did not know her from that side.

He sees Reed's wink towards Circe as all three of them are getting their fill of alcohol, not sure what to make of it. But, he resolves, if the Summer Queen doesn't like it, she has more than enough resolve to handle it.

The toilet, though? Was he teasing? "And what potholes would those be? Anything we could help with?" It's unlikely the Onyx will actually ask for assistance, but such a question is necessary for breaking the ice (no pun intended).

"Not a lot"
    the Flowering answers Reed's question "Though not for lack of trying. It's just that there were always very few Silent Arrows in the city - at present it's just you and Queen Sasha. Still, my interaction with the Onyx in Sacramento and elsewhere were always respectful, honoring differences and finding common ground"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe gains a confident grin at the wink from Reed. Then giggles, "Who said it was my gold? Pound it down fer all I care, won't hurt my purse."

Circe swigs down some Tequila as she feigns doing math with her fingers, "Lets see, carry the 7," then shakes her head with, "Yup. About a decade Abe. And," her tone changes, "I'm sorry Abe, I'm afraid I can't answer that," how Circe said it managed to make Abe sound like a Dave, "Don't have plans fer usin' it yet, had ta make sure ya had it first."

And then the buzz kill question made Circe's ears droop. Winters. Yes she'd spent a lot of time with one Winter Courtier. The Fairest loses the smile, "I used ta," she sips more of her drink, "But he gone. No. I never had issues with yer lot myself. Surprising that cestino di merda Freehold," Circe frowns before emptying her Tequila while grumbling, "I once went ta. Here is better."

The blue Larcenist gives a laugh lacking in mirth when the Flowering mentions Winter's low numbers, "Summer ain't much better," bitter words, "I'm just the boss o' me." Because screw the generale. When Abraham makes his offer Circe just has to chirp in, "I am great at high speed problem solving," a dual implication there.

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask

Mien

PRE

A laugh sputters out of Reed at Circe's reply to that thing about gold and toilets.

He finishes his first. Reaches for the bottle, pours himself another: "Beautiful." It's unclear whether he's talking about the scotch or Circe. Though honestly his taste buds are shot. So there's that.

He swirls his glass, looking at the golden liquid. Listening.

"Don't get me wrong, most of us are dicks. Myself included. When I need to be." He gives a rueful chuckle. Winter's a cold time of year.

"I was just asking 'cause, you know, we don't give it up easy. Or at all. It's kind of our whole thing."

He pauses.

"But yeah, I could tell you a little about potholes. Like getting taken by a bunch of monsters. Right off my own property. Kept forever. Or three years, depending what side of the shit you're on. Losing my family behind that. Everything." All true. All non-specific.

He slugs back the drink. He does not seem to savor it.

"That kind of stuff." Gives them both a look. Reed knows they understand.

"Right now, what I'm trying to do. It's just make a life, you know?"

Another drink is poured.

"How about you two? You got lives? Or something approaching?" Enough about him.

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

"That's a very exact timeline" Honestly, it was not the answer Abraham expected from the elf. Then again, he didn't know what to expect in the first place "I'm afraid to ask how you came up with it" Or was it one of Circe's many jokes? Although Abraham hopes to stick around long enough to see it.

The Space Odyssey reference made him chuckle "If you plan to sing about a Daisy Bell there, I won't stop you. Although showers are more traditional places for sharpening vocal talent" Did this Fairest have any? It'd be interesting to hear sometime.

As the Summer Queen's mood visibly drops, so does the knight-errant's own. He's come to regard the Larcenist as something of a friend, it was disconcerting to see her worried like that.

"Glad you're showing us your good side, then" The Flowering says in a friendly manner. True, Winters can be dicks. Thankfully, these ones in Sacramento weren't. To him, at least "And you're making that life... landscaping, I think it was? Is that something you did Before, or did you pick it up After?" Could be either, or both. Abraham was an actor before, but the magic he stole from Arcadia definitely made it easier now.

"Well, yes. I have an apartment, a daily routine... I earn a living with acting; enough for a good meal, not enough to save anything up, like most people. I can say I have the mundane side covered" He says.

And then, in an apparent non sequitur only vaguely alluding to what they talked about before, Abraham drops some heavy words.

"Seasonal Courts are great. They definitely have a tremendous role in our lives and it cannot be overstated. Still, their membership shifts, especially here. We've had both Winters and Summers disappearing overnight. Springs and Autumns, too. I wonder if there's a way to create something lasting that'd not rely on the magic of Seasons..." Abraham could be subtle, or attempt to be, when he wanted. He just rarely saw the point. But for the Onyx something like this was preferable. He looks to them both as he speaks, although the Flowering has already given a version of this speech to Circe, something she is sure to pick up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.