DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

How refreshing that the Prince focus on practical solutions. Her calm demeanor allows Derek to remain at ease, at least well enough to respond to Alessandra’s questions. Though the knowledge about Adam’s fate is a tough nugget to swallow.

“I had intended to once I had discovered the devices, though the trap had sprung before I got very far. Unfortunately they could have been transmitting to just about anywhere. Likely it was a receiving system in signal range of the cameras themselves. But without intercepting that signal it’s impossible to follow. The best I could do now is to monitor internet chatter for any reference to the footage, if there even is footage. It’s possible they were only observing us, not recording.”

If it were hunters then it was unlikely to be distributed without more hard evidence. If someone were talking about it then that could be a lead back to its author.

“There may be one lead. Before the ambush, Ms. Moretti ventured a guess as to who the man on the line could be. A Mr. Arnoud Geissen. He was a person of interest being investigated for his connection to Echelon. A boogieman of the financial underworld. I cannot confirm her suspicions but if the footage were collected by Echelon who is suspected of having Kindred pulling the strings, then it’s possible it won’t jeapordize the First. Though of course we cannot rely on that possibility.”

“But yes, I would greatly appreciate access to Ms. Moretti’s office and notes. And should you wish it I would be glad to consolidate the investigation by those remaining parties within the Domain who know of it. Give me a few nights and I can present a thorough report to you and your officers,” he offers, uncertain what plans or further orders she has planned.”

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, that’s not good. She was hoping he had been able to track it.

“Now, I don’t know as much as you clearly do. So bear with me here.” She says with a smirk, “Do you think they’d be stupid enough to reference the footage? Or that perhaps they have some type of secure server or site where the video would be? My men have often made reference to the black market on the web, another way to move goods from what I’ve been told.” Computers were not her thing, she left that to others. “But if it wasn’t recording, how far away could they be to observe? Are there limits on distance?” if so, it could give them something to work with.

The name was written down, it would be good to look into it.

“Do we know anymore about him? If he’s connected to the financial underworld, our connections may overlap. I don’t deal in finances, just supply what’s needed. But we should look into him more. It couldn’t hurt.” Then a nod, “We should proceed like the First is in jeopardy. Unless specifically seen and known that it is not, we cannot take the chance.” Too risky.

Nodding, “We can make that happen. And I would like you to continue the investigation. You seem to have a great understanding of what’s going on.” She opens a drawer and takes some keys out. “Though the Domain is going to need someone to step into the role vacated by Ms Moretti. She spoke highly of you and your investigation skills. And from what we’ve discussed tonight, I think you’d be a good fit for it. Thoughts?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek stares at the keys as if she had produced a handgun, wide eyes and a slight flinch. His thoughts shift to his conversation with Lina about stepping up to the opportunity of being Deputy. And now he was being handed something greater. Something heavier with greater risks. But then Change always has its risks...

“Mm, yes, um, I will of course fulfill whatever is asked to the best of my ability...” Within reason... “For now, I agree there is a need for someone to handle these matters. So long as it is a matter of collecting and analyzing information I see no issue given my abilities.”

“To answer your questions though, a digital camera like the one I discovered usually is limited to a range of one hundred to five hundred feet. Though all it has to do is be within range of a network to transmit to the web. Either that or a van parked nearby could have picked up the signal directly. It’s been some time since the incident but I will begin looking into any news about that apartment, reports of a murder and witness testimony. Because things may have quieted down since then too I may stake out the location and catalogue any possible networks that may have been used just to cover all bases. But it may be as you say, being held on a private server somewhere.”

“As for Geissen, it is likely his activities do delve into the criminal. I believe he has worked with cartel before based on an informant of Prosper’s and that he is known for putting an end to brokers and businesses and go against his interests. By the sound of it he is the type of person who is not found but finds you. I do have some financial contacts I could reach out to in order to learn more, as well as those who work in utilities regarding networks in the area.”

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She watches the reaction, not saying anything, simply observing.

“I hope you understand that being Reeve is about more than banging heads together. I personally found, with my time as Reeve, that it takes a sharp mind and an understanding that not everything needs to come down to violence. You strike me as man that knows how to think on his feet, and one who can see the whole picture. Violence is an inescapable part of our existence, but is has a time and place is not always the answer. I believe you can handle and excel in this position.” He needed some confidence. If she didn’t think he could do it, she would not have said anything.

Nodding as she listened, “Have to wonder if the apartment building, or even nearby buildings are a staging point. They would have had to get into the apartment to set it up with the equipment, and who wants to lug that around the city? More convenient to be located nearby.” Shrugging, “Just a thought on it. Something to consider and maybe look into. If there’s been nothing on the news, we may have to consider someone in the police is connected to it. Not unheard of.” There were corrupt cops if you knew where to find them.

“Oh, the cartel? I haven’t gotten to play with them in ages. I wonder if he is a recent arrival to the city or not.” He could be fun. “If you contacts don’t produce any answers, let me know. My connections with the criminal aspect of the city run deep. Not many would dare not answer inquiries from me.”

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek bows in his seat to show his gratitude. "I will do my best and strive not to disappoint you, Your Grace."

He straightens himself once more. "And I will do as you say and exhaust my connections. If it comes up short I shall inform you immediately. I may look over Ms. Moretti's notes tonight and prepare an official report to send to you to distribute as you see fit. I believe the incident wouldn't have gone unnoticed. Shotgun blasts and a murder would likely get police attention."

Efficiency. An established plan of action. It's better than waiting around for someone else to do it. Knowing that there may be Hunters on the prowl and with Echelon's influence spreading throughout the city, Derek might well have gone mad remaining idle.

"Shall I begin?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “That’s all I ask.” But she had a feeling he was going to do just fine.

“If there is nothing my connections can do, I’m sure there is someone else within the Domain who be able to assist.”
    Hers were more criminal, but sometimes, sometimes you need more legal means. “I would enjoy an official report.” The keys were placed on the desk in front of him. “Where it is now your office, feel free to make any changes that suit your tastes.” Not everyone wanted white boards. “More than likely not. But, if someone is well connected, people can be paid off and cops can look the other way.” It wouldn’t be unheard of.

“If you wish to begin right away, I won’t stop you. And remember that you are able to appoint Deputies to assist you, I just ask you let me know who they are.” Was good to know who was doing what. “And as Reeve, you are now allowed access to the Rack.” Always a good little bit of information.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Whoa. Rack access. That's one hell of a perk, thinks Derek, somewhat stunned by something that almost seems thrown in as an afterthought. And realizes then just how real this moment is. Blood, the Status the Office will afford him, and options. He gives his head a little shake and blinks the distracting thoughts away.

"You are most gracious, Prince Alessandra. I shall inform you of any appointments." He would have to begin interviews immediately. So many new faces remain untested. He knows little of their capabilities.

He reaches towards the desk slowly, not to spook the hound, and takes the keys before standing in the same fluid manner. He bows again. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

Eyes flicker over Cain briefly and Derek begins to turn to leave, presumably to go down the hall to the Reeve's...his office.

Ready to wrap! Great scene

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as she stands,

“And you as well Reeve Mitnick.” Cain does stand as well, remain by the Savages side.

Yes, great scene! Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread