Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

The only real changes to the farm were the chickens, the flower gardens, and the stone wall around the porch that had some very nice landscaping done. The driveway and courtyard were bright with blue lights.

Mable was sitting on the porch with her feet up on the railing waiting for Dirt Nap.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap rides up to the driveway on his noisy, beat up motorbike with obvious muffler problems, and parks it and gets off, walking down the length of the driveway at a leisurely pace looking around as he walks, even speaking to a night bird on the way.

"Evenin' Ma'am. Keeper Wood. Thank you kindly for having me." Dirt Nap says, tipping his cowboy hat before removing it as he comes up onto the porch. He's dressed in a nice, clean gingham shirt work shirt and jeans and boots.

4. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiles fondly at Dirt Nap...."You are welcome here anytime. Your friendship has been the one thing I could count on. Thank you. Annnd... We are here at my house, just call me Mable. No need for titles here."

"I have a field in need of haying... could you use some for the horses you work with?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles thin lipped and nods, "I do consider you a friend, Ma'am. Mable." he says. "I'd be glad to lend a hand with anything around the farm." he adds, "or anything else you need."

"The horses have their feed from the places that board them."
    he chuckles,"Since I feed on them, and they taste alright, I'm inclined to let them feed as they have."

Dirt Nap glances around and says, "So how are you, Ma'am? It does seem there's been a lot of changes since I was here before. You seem to be in the catbird seat at Court, and I am glad to see it. Mister Krieg seemed to have big plans for this place, though I heard the new Hierophant talking about another place, a temple though, so I guess plans have changed along with everything else."he muses.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable resisted giving Dirt Nap a hug. She was just so glad to have him back around.

"Hmm. Where to start... Well Krieg is off on some Clan business. He might be back before winter. Fingers crossed. Thomas Boyle has taken over as Hierophant. He is doing a great job so far. He is super into research where I am into the more spiritual side of things so it all works out fine. I had done all the work on the Farm so Krieg just handed it over to me to continue the work I am doing, which is great. Thomas has been working on the Crone Temple. Which we will see in September as court will be held there. He seems to be great at social stuff."

"As for our Clan things, Garrett decided to move on to a domain that better suited his political ambitions. He and I managed to get to a really good space. He forced me to really look at my capabilities and to not underestimate myself so much. I really miss that pain in the butt."
    Mable Laughed a little.

"Atticus is still around but keeps to himself quite a bit. My feeling is that he is working hard on the Coils? is that what they are called? Anyway he is still around. Madcap seems to have left for now. Then there is you, me and Alessandra. Now, I feel like the Prince is changing and developing. I have had some meetings with her and she actually was quite patient with me. That is a first. The first meeting this happened in I kept waiting for her to twist a knife in my back or stake me...Neither happened. She listened, asked questions to try and understand what I meant and moved on. It was weird."

"I believe we will need to call a meeting to discuss who should be Priscus. Is it something you are interested in? Or would you like to be whip?" Mable watched for his reactions to all she had said.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods with what Mable tells him, listening carefully and watching even staring at her as she speaks. When she has finished catching him up he forces a quiet sigh through his lungs and out his lips.

"Thank you, Ma'am. You are a true friend, telling me all that without all the usual games and demands and threats and such. I 'preciate it, I really do."

He pauses in thought and then says, "Well Ma'm. I 'spose I need to step up and take on some responsibility more than just my own studies. Atticus is Sworn, which even though we are the same rank in our Order would mean he is calling the shots. But I looked around for him, and didn't find him, so I will respect his laying low for his studies. With the kind of studying we do, he might even be in like a torper type state and not even able to be found or answer."

Dirt Nap is thoughtful and says softly, "So, for now, I guess I kind of represent the Ordo Dracul and need to mend any fences that need mending. I guess I should look up the Herald and let him know. Though I really am not a political person and wouldn't be trying to build up the order in a political way. I actually like it a lot better without an fixed address or a bunch of things tying me down. I guess I didn't want to be responsible for things. Truth to tell, I am looking forward to mastering the level of the Clan discipline where I can fly by myself and ditch the motorbike I've been using."

Dirt Nap chuckles.

"Well, being Priscus of a clan of three where The Prince and Keeper are the other two sounds like a weird situation." he says. "Not my first rodeo for stranger things, though. Can you tell me what the actual responsibilities of a Priscus are? I mean, 'good of the clan' doesn't have to mean trying to run down the other clans or get all the clan members into positions? For that matter, what does the whip actually do? I think I know, and I think it suits me less.... Though I guess you all are already as positioned as all get out...." he muses thoughtfully.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I don't see any need to be all demanding and or play games. I don't feel it gives any real advantage and truthfully...I suck at it. I am pretty much a straight shooter."

"Ya know, I don't think I have seen Atticus in a while.But I have been insanely busy."

"Hmmm. Priscus. To tell you the truth, I only know a little about what to do as one. I think each Priscus brings to the position what they want. You have to be at court to acknowledge new arrivals of the Clan. If any of the clan acts out, you are responsible. As whip... The Priscus lays down law for the Clan, the Whip carries out the punishments. Plus the Whip is in charge when the Priscus is unavailable like second in command." Mable screws up her face. "I think that's the gist of it."

"I would be honored to help you with shape shifting. It feels weird but is pretty fun."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Huh. Well. Do both positions have to be filled? I mean, if I were Priscus would that leave either you or The Prince as whip? I guess out of the three of us, I would go ahead and be the whip, though I don't much cotton to 'punishing' anyone." Dirt Nap muses.

"Would you be able to tell me if there is any hard feelings towards the Ordo Dracul from The Prince at this time? Last I recall, the Order had lost feeding rights or some such?" he asks.

"Thank you kindly, Ma'am. My only experience along those lines is joining with dirt and growing claws. I have been thinking and working on being an animal for a while, and I am hopefulin applying the kind of discipline from my order, I might aim for a form that might best suit me."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gives Dirt Nap a look when he calls her Ma'am but let's it go, if that's what he feels comfortable with then fine.

"No, we don't need both. Especially if it ends up just us three. If we get some new recruits then we may need a whip. But I also understand if you don't want to be responsible for the clan. Usually it would be the Alpha. But we have a special circumstance here with the Prince being in the Clan. So, Let me know if you have an interest in being Pricus. If not then I will take the title back when we call a meeting. Speaking of which, I plan to call a clan meeting for September 2nd. We will meet at Nox."

"I believe, the Prince said she didn't want to punish the whole covenant. And if anyone wanted feeding rights then come see her. I would go to her as soon as possible and discuss the Ordo situation, Perhaps take control of the Ordo? I believe you could lead the others just fine in their studies etc."

"Speaking of which, I do believe that Krieg had wanted the Ordo and the Crone to work together. I happen to agree with him. Actually I am even more open because I believe we should all help lift each other up no matter our religious or political bent. But Let's start small. I would like our covenants to work together. Perhaps we can have a meeting with Thomas first then get the covenants together to see where we can aid each other? I feel that we are all aiming for the same goal but in different ways."
    Mable stopped herself before she got to passionate about her thoughts and causes.

"Now, you and animal forms. You said you wanted to fly. There's always batform. But I see you as something else... hmmmm Barred owl, whip-poor-will, mockingbird, night hawk are all good choices. What are your thoughts? Or did you want to be something small like a rat that can get into small tight places? Rats are super smart. I am working on communicating with Ravens and rats. I have a raven who stays pretty close by me that comes to me when I call. I also want to someday be able to see through the eyes of the animals. I think it will help me protect the domain better."

Mable thought a moment, "I have a weird question... I have heard about how opulent the Ordo house is. Are you comfortable there? Sorry just being nosy. I just can't imaging me being in a ritzy expensive place... or at least trying to live in one. I am just to homey of a girl. Give me a ranch house and open spaces." Mable smiled softly at the thoughts of open space and freedom.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens carefully, and is completely, unnaturally still, not even breathing as Mable talks.

Then he says, “Well if it wouldn’t be too inconvenient, I would personally prefer you take back the Pricus then.” He looks a little relieved.

He seems very interested in Mable’s discussion of animalism, much more than talking about plans for the Ordo Dracul.

That’s great, Ma’am! I am at the point of being able to force my will on the animals one at a time. Bringing them all and then seeing through them is on my list, but mostly so’s I can master the Beast, calming frenzy in me or another. That’s my end goal with that.” he says, thoughtfully.

To be frank, I never was into piling up either places or privileges or political power over anyone else. The only one I want to have control over is myself, and I really do want that. I went by the house just to see who was around, and no one was. I didn’t go in. I really am more comfortable sleeping in the ground with owning no more than what I carry and no one looking for me to tell them what to do. I honestly prefer living in the barrens except I wonder if The Prince might take it as disrespectful of me to choose to live in a place that is seen as a punishment.” He is quiet for a long time and then says. “If you don’t mind, I’d rather you didn’t bring up the Ordo Dracul at all. I am, always have been only interested in my own studies. I was approached by someone wanting to learn, and I set them some tests. It be a while before I hear from them again. I am not trying to recruit anyone, pretty much the opposite, actually. I flat out told them that my training them would be for my part trying to discourage them so they’d quit before the Change kills them or steals their mind or soul.”

Then when Mable returns to the subject of shapeshifting, Dirt Nap smiles and says, “I intend to go deep in the connections to this place. I am working on a little bird that lives around here, the burrowing owl. People think the things are delicate and dying out as the city takes over the open land they like, but I’ve found them living in construction sites and the airport and vacant lots right next to office buildings. They suit me. I’m feeling the connection to the land here, will work on different ways to connect with it, not just naked dirt but sleeping in local wood and the city concrete and blacktop an even water. Likewise I can see a path to the shapes of wild things that can truly handle the city, coyote, raccoon, and crow for example.” he says.

17. Likes Psychangel liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread