DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Within his suit he feels a bundle of nerves, as if baking under the heat of Alessandra's predatory prowess. Derek had not spoken to Her since being assigned a rather simple task some months ago. He knows he has little to show for it, though he knows it is still his responsibility to report to her.

"Regardless, that is not why I wished to speak to you. My p..purpose is my intent to report my findings on the, uh, task that you assigned me. I would have simply submitted a, um, report in writing but there are other security matters for which I would speak on. Would it be unworthy of your time for me to request a more private audience at your convenience?"

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She often wondered what made the Shadow have such an insecure presence. Was it like that before his Embrace? Or something that came from the Embrace? Either way, she still offered a smile, “Thank you.” Though she was thinking next Formal she might try a suit. “That’s a great looking suit.” She compliments. Cain watches the Shadow.

“In a formal sense, yes. But the Domain always needs Kindred willing to keep an eye out for any problems.”
    Every Reeve did things differently.

“Other security matters?” interesting. “It certainly would not be unworthy of my time. If you want a private meeting, we can schedule something. Did you wish to meet sooner rather than later?” how serious were the other security concerns?
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek forces a weak smile in answer to Alessandra's. He then glances down at himself when she compliments his suit.

"Oh, yes, thank you, Your Grace. I wish to represent my Clan...dutifully and for the Keeper's theme to be a success. Keeper Wood has always been most kind," he remarks, eyes flitting briefly over to Mable.

"I do strive to...fulfill the role that Moretti placed upon me, even if it is not in any formal sense. She served Your Domain quite efficiently, a characteristic I...admired in her." He does not seem put off at all at the loss of his title. If anything it might be a weight off his shoulders, but more likely the absence of a Sheriff made such titles meaningless.

"I, um, suppose sooner is always better than later, all the more so learning of Moretti's departure. I cannot presume to declare it an emergency, but one never knows. I appreciate any time you may spare for me." His mention of these security matters seem to remain vague, and Derek glances around them at times as if nervous about voicing any details here.

I can open a thread in Requiem if you like?

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She simply nods with a small smile at the compliment of her Keeper.

“We need people willing to step up like that. Formal or not, it is appreciated, and when a new Reeve is decided on, I plan to pass along how dedicated and helpful you’ve been.”
    Who would have thought the quiet one would be the one to step up?

Another nod, “Always better to cautious about those type of things than not.” The way he looked around had her wonder if it had something to do with a Kindred present. “Well, I have some free time on (insert date and time), if that works for you, I can set the evening aside.”

Sure!

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek seems to brighten a little at her praise, and a modicum of surprise with a flicker of something else. "I, uh, thank you, Your Grace. You are most kind to say so. That time will work for me, and I will be there."

He seems to straighten somewhat and relax, if only slightly. "If I may, as business is settled for the moment, and should it please you, may I inquire as to how Your Grace has been of late? Well, I hope?"

There is always the chance that he is pushing his luck by engaging in idle talk with the Domain's ruler. But given the few opportunities to interact with Alessandra, Derek has little insight into Her general state of mind.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Did she not compliment others often enough?

“Wonderful. I’ll look forward to speaking with you then.” Surely there was more to the Mekhet then he let on. But what?

“Oh, of course. I’m not always all business you know.”
    She jokes with a grin. “I can’t complain, though I do think I’ve been too focused on work as of late.” A small shrug, “And how about you? I don’t think we’ve ever really just talked.”

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

He seems pleased with this response. "Ah yes, naturally. I try not to assume to be too familiar, precisely because we have not conversed much since my arrival to your Domain. I have been enjoying your hospitality greatly. The previous Reeve, Ms. Moretti, gave me much to do and think upon in the service of upholding your Domain's security, particularly relating to the movements of Echelon and monitoring the gangs they employed. Though as a result I tend to be more...umm, business oriented than otherwise. I enjoy being productive. I tend to get quite anxious when too idle."

Derek glances over at his cousin, noticing Seth's arrival into Court. An expression of mild concern flickers over his features before he turns back to Alessandra. "I hope my services can aid in lightening your workload, Your Grace. Though I trust the dutifulness of your Herald and Keeper already provide much relief."

An idea comes to mind. "If you wish a distraction from work, I'm certain your subjects can provide some entertainment. I know that the First Estate is known for hosting grand performances or competitions. If you like, I would be more than happy to donate funds to hire a theater troop or musical band to perform at your next Court. Or a sanctioned duel in your honor, bare-fisted or with steel. Or..." he glances briefly to Cain, with every effort not to look the beast in the eye. "If you wish to give your companion a bit of exercise, it may be to your entertainment to see him pitted against another creature. I hear there are those among your subjects who might acquire such a beast."

He knew Dirt Nap had experience with animals, as well as Lenora, from what he's overheard. Knowing little of Alessandra's tastes, he isn't sure whether to appeal to her Gangrel lineage or her Invictus sensibilities.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “That’s usually the best way to handle things.” Always be cautious, especially in their society. “I certainly hope you will continue to aid the Domain with your skills. And should the gangs that they employ, require the assistance of my own men, please let me know.” Gangs never stood long against her men. A chuckle, “I understand that. There is a saying about idle hands, though I cannot quite remember it. Do you have interests to help keep you occupied when not helping to protect the Domain?” everyone needed a hobby.

The look was noticed. “Seems Mr Kind likes to arrive late.” She says. Though why Mable hadn’t intercepted him remained unknown. “Well, I’m certain we can work together, and thank you.” Not many had questioned her own work load. “Herald Jack has been a great asset, his attention to detail has been great. And Keeper Wood is providing her own spin to everything, stepping up when needed.”

“Funny you mention that, we actually had a Court hosted by a visiting First Estate member similar. There was fencing and target practice. It was quite entertaining and everyone seemed to enjoy the activities and distractions. Perhaps we should look into doing that again soon. Thank you for saying something. Though maybe we should provide activities for those more skilled with their minds. Maybe chess?” she was more built towards physical activities like guns and fights. “But live music would be wonderful. Though it does get a bit difficult to have here, security and Traditions and all. Though I have considered seeing if I remember how to play.” It has been years since she played music. Smirking as he mentioned Cain, “Oh, he gets lots of exercise in the evenings. He’s quite the hunter.” And she didn’t want anyone to see Cain attack someone or something until the right time.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

“Ah, if it comes to that, certainly. Though I would not think to risk your resources unnecessarily if the matter can be handled by your officers. For now the matter to which I was referring is momentarily resolved.”

“To answer your question regarding my interests, they lay firmly in the field of computer science, primarily software and information technology. The Kine are exceedingly...mm, dynamic in their constant developments of the digital infrastructure and standards of information exchange. It is quite the chore to keep up with them to avoid becoming obsolete. I would happily tell you more detail if you are interested,” he offers before addressing her next remark and the glance towards his cousin.

“To be honest I am more concerned about my Priscus’s absence. I have not seen Ms. Elettra for some nights now. Her presence was such a comfort at previous gatherings...”

“But I am pleased you favor my suggestions of entertainment. I admit they are not truly my own. My Sire would often recount his preferred recreational activities among the First Estate. But since it is your night club, I’m certain you could open up the ground floor and have a mandatory Blush or Masquerade attire to account for the performers. But only if you truly had your heart set on it. You have but to ask and I shall provide the funding, my offered gift to you. That aside...chess does sound quite agreeable to me.”

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable approaches the Prince and Derek with Elle. She carefully stands back and awaits permission to approach per the new rules.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread