Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable waits for Twist, to see if she has something else to add.

E
    Elle

There is a curious eyebrow that is raised at the wholesome woman's reply.

Whether normal process or not, among their kind such things usually entailed at least a modicum of effort which needed to be recognized, especially if there was an elder of the First Estate involved.

The second thing was that being indebted to an Alder of the First Estate could help her build a reputation of being dependable if she honored her debts well - which in turn meant she could enjoy some protection from the Alder.

It only remained to be seen how Elle could balance that with her loyalty to the Carthian Movement - and more importantly her loyalty to her principles - but as most things in life she would get to that in due time...

"Well..."
    Elle's eyes land quietly on Mable.

"My sire always taught me to pay what's due, and what's due is due."
    She insisted politely. Her sire would be so proud.

"Say a trivial to each." Hands opened, eyes meeting each one in turn.

"I'm a Daeva of many skills." It was a coy smile that she offered Twist under the guise of playful banter. It was up to her welcome committee to read as much as they intended between the lines, the deadpan proved very hard to read.

"So, what should I do now? Will I need to discuss rent?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable silently counted to 10 in her head. "I agree that generally, what is due is due. However, I never accept boons for anything that has to do with the acknowledgement process. For me that includes welcoming you in as a guest."

E
    Elle

OOC

Elle nods sympathetically.

"So, this is your job so to say?" It was safe to assume due to her reluctance to receive payment for it, it meant she was getting it from someone else.

"I didn't got your name the first time..." The Daeva could easily forgive the woman for the faux pas, it made sense that she was making way for the Alder.

"So, what do I need to do next?" The question hangs in the air for any of the women to reply.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiled pleasantly, a hint of a nod toward Elle to indicate that she had the title correct.

Twist made a soft motion, a movement that spoke of holding up her hands toward Mable, warding off the offer to comment. She appreciated the respect that the Gangrel offered, but she was Keeper. And with the recent social mood swings of Court, Twist felt no desire to risk an issue getting blown up.

An offer of a trivial boon. A statement of being Daeva. A coy smile. Twist wondered and a mischievous spark showing briefly in her dark eyes.

"I would be interested in hearing about your ...skills," she said with hints of warmth in her words to match Elle's coy smile, "But as a fellow Daeva, not because of any obligation of a boon."

Seeing the opportunity and the request, Twist smiled and made a small gesture indicative of putting Mable on display. "Keeper Mable Woods. Gangrel," the barest hint of emphasis on the clan as Twist resisted the urge to look at the multitude of ribbons woven into the woman's hair, "And member of the Circle of the Crone."

Twist raised an eyebrow toward the Keeper, inviting correction in the matter of titles for either clan or covenant. Not being part of either, she had little knowledge of any that Mable held.

"Keeper Woods has copies of the Prince's decrees for you to read. And if you are able and willing to accept them, you can receive acknowledgment. And then we can greet you as more than a guest to our city." Again the pause at the end, the offer for Mable to add.

No worries ultra violent - went out of town for the weekend and internet ended up not working out to allow posting.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, sorry, I didn't realize I hadn't introduced myself. I'm Mable Wood Clan Gangrel, Keeper of Elysium and Valkyrja Circle of the Crone."

"I do have copies of the laws which I can have you read. To make things official however, I will need to introduce you to the Prince for your swearing in."
    Mable looked over to Alessandra for permission to approach.

Mable directed Elle to the alcove which had a printed version of the Lawsof the Domain.

E
    Elle

"As a fellow Daeva." Elle nods accepting Twist's terms, stopping for an indecisive heartbeat and then opting to remain silent. They were in court and the sudden realization she could be overextending her streak made her pause, just like in gambling.

"First night, so much to ask..." A silent invitation to continue the conversation at an appropriate time and convenience of the Alder. Elle's head shakes lightly, round grey eyes meet Twist's and then shift to Mable to reply to her introduction.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Keeper Wood, would you prefer I address you as Keeper or as Valkyrja?" Innocent questions with obvious answers sometimes provided the funniest insights, after all Twist was introduced as an Alder.

"Onto business." There is a brief hum and she smiles pleasantly, apparently business was pleasure and pleasure the most serious of businesses to this Daeva.

With a light stride Elle follows the Keeper's directions until reaching the alcove with the printed laws. She read them once and returned to a few points twice just o make sure she had got them.

"Consider me informed of the laws, I will obey them." There was more to be said for sure but... on her first meeting it wouldn't help her achieve anything - she decided to fold.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist's lips curve up in an understanding smile. "We can take it slow," the reply an easy acceptance of her silent invitation.

Pouting slightly, Twist nonetheless steps slightly back to allow Elle to follow Mable without having to navigate around her. For all the enjoyment in jokes about business first, it was important to have this particular business out of the way.

Drifting behind the two Twist perused the rules herself as a refresher, glancing up when Elle voiced her acceptance. A small frown wrinkled her forehead as she realized that with Vivian York absent and no current declared Priscus for the Daeva, it was indeed from Ale that their new friend would need to seek acknowledgment.

The realization did not sit well with her. Perhaps something should be done about that.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

9. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That's wonderful. I can answer any questions you may have." Mable was happy to see that Twist also took a closer look. There were many changes and it was helpful that they were all on the same page.

"Let's go on over to the Prince." Mable led Elle to Alessandra and waited for approval to approach.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

We head over to here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread