Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made his way to a seating area off to the side of the commons. It was well enough for those who wished to be seated and those who wished to stand for their discussion.

Blood Hunt:

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora follows, her pace in time well enough with the Herald to remain behind him while he searched out a place to nest.

She made no further introductions, of course. Patience also wanted to speak with the Herald - and she had arrived to his radius first. It was only prudent to allow her the first word as a result, even if the obvious Haunt seemed plainly unpleasant. Thus, Lenora waited. And listened.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

Patience remains standing. Her hands at her sides. She stares at a point somewhere just over Jack’s head and continues to ignore Lenora.

“I will not waste your time, Herald,” says Patience. “It appears,” she gestures about the room; her hand looks like a dead thing at the end of her arm, “that I am the only member of my family remaining in the domain to answer the Prince’s invitation to court. Wouldn’t you agree?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"At this point in time, to my current knowledge that statement is fair."

It wasn't hard to see where the conversation was going with a leading question like that. Still, it was better to not assume the haunt's intentions.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

“Yes, it is fair, Herald,” the haunt replies. “Further, it is True.” And the Truth always trumps fairness.

“Given this sad state of affairs, I wanted to inform you that I will be assuming the role of Priscus for clan Nosferatu.” She pauses to look from Jack to Lenora and back. Her head swivels obscenely on her neck.

”Should more of my Blood arrive, we will discuss my position among ourselves. But for now, I believe it is prudent that I take responsibility for my Family’s interests in Sacramento.” Another smile, more of a grimace. Her teeth are grey.

”I thought it best to tell you, so Her Majesty can be made aware of the situation. Please let her know that I am always available should She need me. For any reason. Clan Nosferatu is at Her disposal.”

With that, Patience falls silent, waiting to see how the Herald will respond. She interlaces her fingers and holds her hands before her. They look like a nest of pale, tangled snakes.

6. Likes Stray liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's eyebrows raise, her interest apparent as the adherent of the Dark Faith played her hand, her eyes landing on Patience for the first time. The hint of a smile and a general faint expression of respect hit the Lord's face, even as the inner elements of instinctual disgust threatened to overwhelm.

This isn't about Prudence, you ambitious little Haunt.

No no the move was too bold for that. Patience, in Lenora's mind, was using her situation as a means of establishment. Even if others did come along, Patience is the one that was familiar. If she helped the Domain in that capacity, it would also make her the leader of her family in the eyes of the Domain. The title was a family matter, but the support of the Domain would ensure Patience was not easily toppled. There was a certain genius to it.

Then eyes move to Jack, awaiting her cousin's response. Lenora herself was not in a position to discuss or comment on such matters. Not publicly. Not yet.

8. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque kept his gaze passively fixated on Patience as she made her declarations, quickly followed up with the relaxed use of the possessive pronoun. Defending the position before she even needs to... she really wants to be Priscus.

"Consider us informed, Ms. Patience," he couldn't fault her for the tactic, declaring herself leader of the party of one. A part of him wondered if that was what occurred with Rebecca.

"Clan business is it's own but it sounds like you have a reasonable expectation for when your Family has a more..." Jacque glances briefly to the faceless Kindred of the court, "...notable presence."

"Of that I have no doubt," he responds to the haunt's assurances.

He paused a moment in processing the Prince's announcement. At least the Harpy's extended absence was understandable now and the Sheriff's more recent absence was explained, however, it still left more questions in his mind. Dismissing the lingering thoughts, he looked to Lenora with a smile, "I feel compelled to apologize. I did not know that Priscus Simmons was called away from the Domain or I would have filled in for your acknowledgement as the clan's appointed Whip. Looks like we'll be calling a clan meeting soon to select a new Priscus."

Blood Hunt:

10. Likes unlimited sink, Stray liked this post

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse

NOS
    PRE

“Thank you for your time and understanding, Herald.”

If the haunt is pleased, it does not show. As always, Patience just looks wrong.

“I have just one more question for you. Have you heard from Bishop Garcia? I have tried to contact him. He has not answered.” A pause. “I believe he is of your Family.”

Then the Prince begins to speak. And afterward, Jack addresses the rude little Lord. Patience attends to Her Majesty and the Herald in turn.

Well. Fortune passes everywhere. Patience holds her tongue, fully intending to leave the Ventrue to their discussion once she has her answer from Jack.

12. Likes Stray, Killian liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora remains as she has been: content and largely unconfrontational.

"Nonsense, cousin," she afforded to Jack regarding her acknowledgement, "The absence provided me with the opportunity to engage our sovereign via pleasant channels. I count myself fortunate."

Eyes soon turn to the Nosferatu as Lenora pauses in consideration of the words to follow, "Ms. Patience," she offers, her tone oddly sincere. After all, the Nos has proven herself to be clever, "I wish you luck in establishing your clan's path, even as my own must discuss it's agenda."

Then the gaze returned to Jack, "I look forward to our conversation with Mr. Boyle," she says, her expression sly. The vacancies meant opportunities for them all and it suited her aims to work with her brethren.

14. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque looked back to Patience with her final question. There was an abundance of snide comments he could make regarding the unwavering embodiment of arrogance that was the Bishop of Sacramento. "No, I have not..." A pause while Jack composes his further response, "It is more surprising that you have not heard from him. He always appeared actively engaged in matters pertaining to the Sanctified, so considering he is not in attendance this evening as well as some of his allies..." The Lord lifts his shoulders, indicating the statement to follow to be nothing more than a hypothesis, "Perhaps he has left the domain as a part of a coterie."

"Indeed it did," and she made a positive impression to boot. What a rare gem these days. "I think you'll enjoy meeting him. He serves now as the Hierophant of the Circle, following in the footsteps of the last Priscus of the Nosferatu. Very clever, and I hear an excellent chess player," His eyes drift to the Malkavian, "...though I haven't been afforded the opportunity to put that to the test." Looking back to Lenora, "Do you take interest in chess or other games of strategy?"

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread