Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel had done the research, and now sought to test his theory.

His interest in Ley Lines had led to an almost obsession, and a curiosity- they existed, of that much he was more than certain. And they seemed to have at least a minor connection to some things- patterns enforced by sometimes arbitrary (and often incredibly subtle) connections in the landscape. Nathaniel had spent weeks tracing out these connections, and finally thought he'd found a nice spot to test his theory.

There was a space where two of his links seemed to combine- somewhere near Elkhorn Regional Park, and alongside the Sacramento River. It wasn't a perfect sketch- while Nathaniel had certainly absorbed most relevant knowledge and learned all that was available to him on the subject, there was still a large area to search for the precise points. But if he found it...

The pup wanted to attempt to wake up a spirit, where the two combined. With any luck, what he would wake up would be a spirit representing the Ley Line- or at the very least, a spirit knowledgeable of the subject matter. But that would bring with it danger- and thus, he'd reached out.

@%1; probably wouldn't be as giddy at the concept as he was, but she seemed concerned for Nathaniel's well-being. And her knowledge on spirits could help in negotiating (or containing) whatever woke up. Granted if this didn't work out, the pup would probably never see the end of it.

Matt might want to help- and Nathaniel could use the ride.

Brigit was relatively new to the scene, but perhaps she had potential untapped?

Regardless, the young pup sent out messages to all of them. He didn't expect much resistance... But it was better safe than sorry. A few things for the ritual, some cheap chiminage to bargain. At the very least, this might grant them an ally.

Equipment: Spirit Drums, A standard notebook of sketches and notes on Ley Lines, both ground up and solid chalk, coffee grinds, a pouch of saffron.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

An electric blue Mustang pulls up at the edge of Elkhorn Regional Park, and an electric-blue-haired punk emerges from the door. Wearing her pink Doc Martins, neon-green-and-black striped tights, a black dungaree dress and a red t-shirt that shows off her tattoo sleeve working down her arm.

This is going to be a clusterfuck, calling it now.
    Aw, come one. Even a broken Nate is right twice a day.

Emily blows a bright pink bubble with her gum that bursts with a wet pop and starts rolling a cigarette.

You sure this is the right place?
    Of course. Man you're playing up today. And here I am miles from the nearest bar. Come on Nate. Where are you?
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

3. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

The car is completely recognizable as the young pup walks towards to greet his sister.

"Hey! So, I've narrowed down the search area- once I think we have the strongest point, we can prepare for the awakening. I'm not sure what we'll wake up exactly- the hope is to awaken a Ley Line Spirit. But if not, we could still make an ally here today. Anyways- do you know if anyone else is coming?"

The young crescent looked so excited, backpack slunk around and notebook in hand as if he were a student on some field trip.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

The other Ithaeur looks skeptical. "Keep telling you, toothpick, they don't exist. I'm here to make sure whatever you do wake up doesn't flatten you." She winks, and blows another bubble lazily.

Emily shrugs, and reaches into the car pulling out a beer. Twisting the top off, she takes a long swig from the bottle. "Dunno. This is your show, Nate. I'm here to watch your back. Just because I don;t think it will work doesn;t mean I want you splatted by an angry Jaggling." She gives him a comforting smile.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

The crescent gave a smile and nodded- even if she didn't believe it would work, the fact she was willing to help was reassuring.

"Well, I'm going to try and narrow down the search to find the most powerful spot- is there any prep we should do before the awakening? And um... Thanks for being here sis."

Nathaniel pulled out his notes and observed the surrounding- looking between his sketches and the area, humming as he tried to find the links.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-08-22 13:15:07 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Find the Center (Intelligence + Occult + Specialty) (10 Again) 1, 3, 4, 8, 7, 9, 4 2 successes

A-ha! There it was. Some of the plants in the area- a few stuck out, popping out seemingly randomly among the area, certain flowers and branches pointing in odd directions. But if he accounted for them with his current sketches...

"I've narrowed down the area- come on!" He drew a smaller circle on the map- closer and closer, supposedly. As far as he knew, there wouldn't be anything supernatural to notice once he was there which was... Annoying. But perhaps a landmark or something significant would show itself, at the center?

Regardless, Nathaniel made his way deeper into the area, giddy as ever.

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt’s classic, black hummer arrives and the tall giant gets out, for once without having brought food or water.

He sniffs the air, locks the vehicle and tracks down Nathaniel and Emily.

Hey, Nathaniel, hi Munchkin.” Matt gets in proactively.

You gonna call up something for us to fight?” Matt grins.

8. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily rolls her eyes, but she smiles. "Yeah, yeah. I'm the greatest. But this is your rodeo, buddy. I know normal spirits, not your fancy ley-line bullshit." She takes a drag on her cigarette - as she talks smoke curls out of her mouth. "But if it were me, id like to have some binding, banishing and chiminage all on hand. Y'know. If it were me doing it."

Matt's huge truck pulling up instigated an almost Pavlovian response from Emily as she licks her lips before blowing another bubble. Looks like Munchkin was sticking as his preferred greeting. She couldn't argue really. The Rahu nearly had two feet on her in a human skin. "Hey Lurch," she grins back. "How's it hangin'?"

Turning, she slouches off after her bounding Auspice-mate."Gods, fuck, I hope not. I like this skirt," the Ithaeur scowls.

10. Likes Kelreth, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hey! If my hypothesis is correct, this will be a spirit just like the rest- just... Not one that gets a chance to talk often." There wasn't much to go on for Nathaniel, about the reaction an reclusive, old, or frankly uncommon spirit would have when being woken up. Hence part of the reason he wanted Emily here- and her advice. "Can you banish it if things get bad? I can do the waking ceremony, and I've brought bargaining chips." The pup held up the pouches of saffron and coffee grinds- pretty meager offerings, but then... Nathaniel had no idea what this spirit might prefer.

The arrival of Matt was another welcome sight. More individuals was always good for these sorts of things... Spirits might respect a larger group, and if not they could better handle things. "Hey Matt! Um... Hopefully not- but I'm attempting to summon the spiritual manifestation of the world's natural patterns and potential energies, so it's all in the air as to what happens. I'm glad you're here!"

Nathaniel kept walking, kept searching.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-08-23 08:10:09 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Narrow the Search (Intelligence + Occult + Specialty) (10 Again) 5, 6, 1, 8, 7, 6, 6 1 success

Hm... See, according to research and observation Ley Lines supposedly attract patterns in things. Buildings, plantlife, rock formations, animal dens... Little things that form a grander design. Supposedly." Nathaniel was getting closer- he could feel it. Or it was just nerve- he didn't have much experience leading these kinds of things. Regardless, a smaller circle. A bit more walking. This might serve as a small enough spot.

"So, sis. This is probably near enough. Any more advice before I make the circle?"

12. Likes Kelreth, Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

(Shift reflexively to Urshul.)Status 1 Spent
    PRE

Matt seems like he’s in a good mood, possibly because nobody has definitively ruled out the possibility of a fight, even though the others don’t want one.

Nature spirit huh? Good thing I didn’t bring alot food containers and drinks with plastic straws I guess. I mean, I won’t TRY and start a fight.” he grins with feral intensity, “Just finish one.”

With that, Matt takes a moment to make sure no one else is around and shape shifts in Urshul form, becoming a huge, horse sized wolf in a startlingly quick blink of the eye!

Matt spends essence to change reflexively.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily stares. "Ummm.... You're trying to poke Jagglings outside of my experience, Nate. I know how to bind and banish spirits back across the Gauntlet, but the bigger the spirit, the harder it is. I'm not a miracle worker...." She takes another drag on the cigarette.

As Nathaniel hunts around for his summoning point, the Ithaeur leans in to Matt-Urshal. "Please don't. I genuinely have no idea what will happen here, Matt. He could wake up an Elemental. Capital E. Just.... help me keep him, and us, alive, 'kay babe?"

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread