Watch

Calling a King

THREADID

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

Markarth took in a long calming breath as he stared at the scrap of paper in his hands, a number was written down. The number of the Autumn King of Sacramento.

Odd that a place this warm has an Autumn King, but you won't here be complaining. He thought to himself.

The trouble had been finding a place to actually place the call. He couldn't afford a phone right now, so he ended up at a gas station that still had an honest to god payphone. It wasn't the cleanest thing, but beggars can't be choosers. The changeling popped a few cents into the machine and dialed the number.

"This should be fun," Markarth was going over what he should say in his head. He was drawing a blank.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

A public phone number? Curious.

Every theatrical, the Dread Lord of Sacramento waits for several rings before answering. Just long enough for that feeling of uncertainty to set in.

"Hello?" the voice is nonchalant, almost bored.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

Markarth started to sweat, worried the King had decided against answering an unknown number. Not that the elemental would blame him, finally the King answered. He sounded bored, which was a step up from annoyed.

"Hi, I'm...new in town and I was told to give this number a call. To call the bearer of the Autumn Crown, to make sure I introduce myself to the other lost. So I'm not stepping on any toes or breaking any oaths, and all that. So...Hi, please don't kill me."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The voice seems to lighten several notches. "It that so? Well, I suppose I could certainly consider that for now." The chuckle that follows is quite sinister.

"We should probably meet. There is a small entertainment park, Funderland. Stand by the entrance and look for red flowers. Will [date] at eleven work for you?"

If Markarth is okay with that, I can set up a scene this weekend.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

PRE

"haha...uncomfortable laugh," Markarth mumbled after the rather sinister chuckle.

"Funderland? Yeah I can get there by then," probably a dump site out back for idiot lost who call strangers Markarth covered the speaker and sighed as he kept his thoughts to himself.

That works, like I said on the discord I work like 12 hours tomorrow so I can reply early in the day or after midnight.

Closed Thread