Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Thank you, I took a short vacation", she brews herself a cup, patiently waiting for Sonnie to finish reading the letter. As her eyes quickly dart form line to line, her hands can't help but shake lightly. "I wonder what prompted her to leave so abruptly", alas the shock didn't set in, for something even greater and possibly more terrifying had made itself visible.
    "D...daddy? What?", she gave a light yelp, jumping back a few meters if possible, transfixed by fear and amazement. Her wisps came to her rescue, assuming a protective stance. Were they under attack? "W-what's that? She shaked her arm toward the thing"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Treasured remains quite for a few seconds, sipping her tea and thinking.

“I,” she began, then frowned, “I just don’t think I’m the best choice. I never saw myself in the role of Monarch, I’m not a leader.” She’d never been a leader, not once. “Either way, we need to come together and work on the Tavern. With Ingrid gone, it’s going to start to fall apart, so we need to invest in it.”

She watches Abraham with curiosity. The sound was concerning, but when the head appeared in the window, she finds herself blinking. A few times. What the actual hell?

“Bree?” he looks in the Hedge for Ingrid and comes back with a Bree?

It took her a few moments to realize Sonnie was saying something. Looking to the Beast, “I have no reason to question it. It arrived at Garden Grounds, and it was a few days after I tried calling her.” Shaking her head, “I can’t think of a time I saw her handwriting, but it sounds exactly like her. We could error on the side of caution and doubt if it’s really from her. But what do we have to go on? No one’s seen her, her usual hangouts haven’t seen her, she’s not taking calls, there are no clues to any foul play.” She shrugs, “I don’t want to believe it, but we know how we can be, moving from Freehold to Freehold on a whim.” They had nothing else to go off from.

Then came the comment about Titania’s baby daddy and Sera almost choked on her tea.

When Titania spoke, Sera composed herself, “I wish we knew. But with how secretive she was, it’s no surprise that we didn’t get a heads up.” Maybe Sacramento did have what the Darkling needed?
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

So, he's gotten the reaction he was aiming for. If anything, the Fairest's half-hearted attempt at masking his pride underscored it even further.

"Bree. You know, like in the book" He says "It's a griffin. I freed him from the hobgoblins' bondage using nothing but sharp wit and clever subterfuge" Abraham pets the flying beast's head and the lion-bird hybrid disappears, presumably to enjoy whatever passes for the sun in the Hedge.

It takes a while for his grin to disappear, but there's still business to discuss. The knight-errant takes his place at the table back "When I first came here, I contacted Queen Ingrid via letter, and she responded in kind. Now, I am no expert, but I don't believe this missive is fake" What Sera says makes sense - everything pointed to a hasty retreat from the capital of California. They are now on their own.

He frowns when the Nix pronounces herself unfit for the Crown. It's a gesture open for everyone to see - unlike in their previous meeting, Abraham believes honesty in emotions will be more productive today.

"I agree, the Tavern must be our priority. We'll have to decide, however, if we want to simply maintain it, or change something within it" Spring was the Season of rebirth and new opportunities, after all "And as for the throne... I will not lie, I considered to put my candidacy forward if you didn't want the seat. I believed... I still believe you are the best fit. But if it is your will to abdicate, then I will not hold my Desire secret"

"Seraphina, Sonnie, Titania - I'd be honored to serve as the next Monarch of Spring. On the condition that I can count on your support. Because the truth is... the truth is that I need you. All of you" Okay, enough with the speeches. Pathos, even honest, had a way of backfiring when overused. The Flowering looks each of the women gathered in the eye, curious to see their reaction.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The Beast watched the griffon in wonder... from a safe distance. This was a predator, after all. A predator made out of two other predators! The animal in her was cautious of the talons and hunter's eyes, and thus Sonnie did not approach. Instead she sat in one of the chairs at the main table and gazed at Bree from over the chair back.

"What's he eat? Does he bite? Where does he sleep? Can we got for rides?" Full of questions, was the curious monkey.

Full enough to avoid answering the most important question of the moment. She listened to both Seraphina's resignation and Abraham's announced candidacy, but she did not say anything just yet. Mulling it over, perhaps. The Steepscrambler seemed deep in thought.

After a minute, Sonja responded to a different topic, "We need the Tavern. Can't let this go. It'd be embarrassing for the Court to lose it, right? Plus, I like the easy access to the Hedge. So I'll be helping with the upkeep. Do we need, like, pruning sheers and a lawnmower? Is that how we keep the thorns at bay?" She glanced towards the skybed, "We've added to it before. Maybe for now we maintain, then look towards expanding during the winter, so we got an even cooler Hollow to show off in the spring?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

With a smile, “I hope he serves you well. And you freeing it is very commendable, I’m sure he will always remember.” Animals were like that, including Hedge Beasts.

“I don’t think we need to change it, but I think we should all put our own personal touch on it. I’m not sure what that is yet, but I think it needs to remain a place that embodies Spring.” Her two cents on it.

Then he makes his desire to wear the crown known. “If I can be honest, I’m hesitant to support your bid. What happened in my coffee shop makes me question your temper and your ability to control it. I don’t believe a Monarch should rule with threats. No one can question your dedication to the Season, but I have my concerns. I won’t support a Monarch who throws out threats to his fellow Couturiers. You had also spoken against a Freehold Oath. Will you not swear new Springs to simple Pledges to help assure our safety? What is your stance on that?” asks the Treasured. “And the way you approached the last meeting, without even reaching out to Ingrid beforehand, it raises many questions and concerns.” They were her concerns and she would have them answered and dealt with before she supported his bid.

Nodding to Sonnie, “It would be quite embarrassing. And thank you! Ingrid and I spent many hours in here, and I look forward to working with you in here. Well, Ingrid and I used our hands, and the Wyrd.” She already missed the Darkling. “And I think expanding it would be wonderful! What were you thinking, any exciting ideas?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. Amend that maxim, because all the Telluric needed were 3 seconds. The time required to wiggle a brow at the Griffon - now she knew what Abe had really been doing in the Hedge - and to realize how uncouth of a powerplay was the one they were witnesses to. The Bird was totally banished from her thoughts.

Democracy, how dare he. There was no basis for his candidature, even his concern over the destiny of their Hollow sounded counterfeit and made her even more furious. Besides, the quarrelsome Wordsmith's lack of involvement with the preparations of their Hollow on the eve of the Spring celebrations didn't pass unnoticed.
    Now this man, one whose first thought following the disappearance of the previous Queen was the usurpation of the Crown, had made a move. He was asking for their support, when weeks ago he had challenged her to a duel. If anything, Seraphina's words emboldened her stance even more. The Siren was right!
    "Absent Queen Ingrid, and following the abdication of Queen Seraphina. The matter of succession becomes an issue of grave concern, indeed. Shouldn't we honor both Monarchs and the Emerald Court by selecting our new Sovereign with a contest of the Arts?", she asked innocently.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

A
    Abraham Norton

First comes the time of answering Sonnie's questions. It's arguably the easiest and most pleasant part.

"He eats everything, but peanuts seem to be a favorite. Of course he bites - it's a hunter, after all. Bree can sleep anywhere - he is more cat-like in this than I'd guess. As for rides, that depends on if he likes you" But to do that, the monkey-girl would have to first muster the courage to approach the beast.

"Fair concerns!" He puts a brave face for the Nix's barrage of questions "The reasons why I behaved the way I did last time should be obvious by now, as I have repeatedly explained them. If you don't find that convincing, I will not waste your time again. The Freehold Oath is a noble endeavor, but one with too many moving parts. I am definitely in favor of smaller, shorter things. And if we ever reach such blessed time that there'll be too many Springs for my link with the Wyrd to handle, I'll ask other trusted members - like you - to swear them in my stead. And last but not least, the threat you speak of" It seems to haunt him ever since that day in the coffee shop. And yet, not for a second has the knight-errant doubted he did the right thing.

"As you remember, the situation escalated from two of the Freehold members seemingly backing out of a Pledge after receiving one of the most prized posessions of a stranger - his True Name. That it was a matter of ignorance rather than ill will was not important then and is not important now. What is important is that a simple messenger has shown Contract mastery few possess, and if someone didn't do something to convince him this is a misunderstanding - he'd have easily slipped. Then, he'd inform his friends, whose capabilities we know nothing about, of a traitorous Freehold, and before we knew it, we'd need to either slaughter them, or let them slaughter us. I have no doubt in my mind that not all our friends would see the end of this struggle" The Hedge was dangerous enough without a horde of hobs hunting specifically after them.

"Between protecting our people's homes, lives and souls or their feelings I know my choice" says the knight-errant as his eyes land on the Siren's, unyielding and insistent "Do you?"

Focused on the freshly retired Queen, the Flowering barely hears Titania's words, and doesn't move an inch towards her to respond.

"That sounds like a fine solution... if we had a contest of who should be understood to be the Avant Garde. Artistic talent isn't the hallmark of a Monarch. The support of his people is"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonja continued to stare in wonder at the actual freaking griffon standing in the Tavern. She whispered, "I'll bring you peanuts next time, and we will be friends." A vigorous nod followed.

And then, the serious conversation. The monkey could hold important discussions. She simply cared not to, if she could help it. She could not help it here. With a sigh, Sonnie turned around in her chair and put her feet up on the table. Hands folded in her lap, her golden eyes gazed at the ceiling while she listened to the others state their cases on the matter of the Emerald Court's crown. Rather, who would soon wear it.

Sonnie's tail tick-tocked along to the beat of the conversation, until it seemed that a gap appeared for her to speak.

"We've had this talk before, Abe. I get your reasons for the... coffee shop incident. I still don't agree the ends justified the means. Not that any of it mattered in the long run, anyway. The Red Poppy Company, are they even still around?" She shrugged her shoulders, eyes still on the ceiling.

"You're right, though. The support of the courtiers is important, but it seems clear you still don't have it. Nothing has really changed from the last meeting."

Finally, her eyes descended from the rafters to look at Abraham, Seraphina and Titania.

"Three Fairest and a Beast. Interesting Court we got here," she chuckled.

"We're in a bind, huh? We need a monarch, and there's only the four of us to choose from. Ex and Freya seem to have taken off since last time. Sera's stepped down and Abe lacks the support, so... who now? Titania? You wanna do it?" She smiled at her Telluric friend. "Or are we so desperate that we need a Monkey Queen?"

Sonnie rolled up out of her chair and sat on the tabletop, facing the trio of Unicorns. "I don't want the job any more than Sera does, but someone needs to fill the position, at least until a better option... or a more popular one, comes along." The tip of her tail scratched an itch on the back of her head, "I know it's dumb. I just don't want to see the Court fall apart for lack of a choice we can agree on."

The Courser chuckled and laid back on the table, arms spread-eagled, her eyes on the ceiling once more. "So go ahead and laugh. Whatever. All I'll do is promise not to run the Court into the ground, and I'd happily pass the fancy hat off to that better option when he, she or they arrive. Basically I'm volunteering to officially keep the crown warm. I mean, if Circe can do it..."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

9. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

She was expecting a more passionate offer from Titania, with how passionate she was last time.
    “A contest of the Arts?” she asks, looking thoughtful, “That is always an option. Who would decide what the art would be, there are many different forms.” Singing, writing, storytelling, painting, the list could go on. “Or it can be decided at our next Coronation. Give the Freehold a show of sorts.” She offers.

“And I simply said I didn’t want it, not that I wouldn’t be willing to fill the role until someone else could be picked.”
    She would keep holding the Crown until someone worthy of it came forward.

“Too many moving parts?” so too complicated. “Its design is to keep us safe, though maybe a Pledgesmith could simplify it if needed.” Oaths were as complicated as you made them.

“Oh I remember the situation quite clearly. There not being ill will doesn’t matter, threats were made against members of our Court. The situation could have been handled more diplomatically, making us, as a Freehold and Court, look better and not like a bunch of children fresh from the Hedge. You took it upon yourself to make threats without trying other options. The poor guy was spooked, yes, but he wasn’t itching to run for the door.” Her eyes narrow slightly, “And I would face any danger thrown at this Freehold to protect those who reside within it. Not even a question. But I will not be ok with threats being thrown at fellow Springs.” Her gaze matched his, “Or do you think that just because I’m a pretty face I can’t defend this Freehold?” because that was a mistake one only makes once.

“Then you find yourself at a loss. The support clearly isn’t with you. And until it is, I will not step down. If you want to be Monarch, you need to earn the Courts support. Once you have, I will step down without a word.”
    But she would not let someone wear the crown who the Court didn’t want.

Looking to Sonnie, she shakes her head, “I haven’t heard anything. Maybe they moved on?” another shrug.

Smiling warmly to the Beast, “I don’t think the Courts going to fall apart, I think we all have to much pride in our Season to let that happen.”

But she asked a question to Titania, and Sera remains quiet on Sonnies offer until it was answered.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes Vincent liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

"He wasn't itching to run for the door?" There is stunned disbelief by the bucketload in the knight-errant's voice "He was crying and calling on the Contract to let him pass through walls! What more evidence of how serious this was can you possibly want?" So, according to her, he's shown bad judgement? Talk about pots and kettles. His voice flares up along with his Mantle, turning melodies a tone more sinister, smells a bit stronger, dark colors a bit richer. But it's not Wrath that fuels both, no, Wrath is the province of Summer. It is Desire, one intertwined with a sense of duty so strongly that they are virtually one and the same.

Like a downpour, the uptick of emotion passes as quickly as it came, however. Seraphina and Sonnie both make some fair points.

"I have no doubt that you can defend the Freehold, but I did what I did so that you, or anyone else who lacks your constitution don't have to. Once again, there would be war if I didn't, and there are no winners in any war, even if one side claims to be victorious" Abraham left the bloodlust to the Iron Spear soldiers and Leaden Mirror harvesters. All violence he did was a necessary evil.

"However, you are both right that I enjoy no confidence from you. And although I have many flaws, hypocrisy is not one of them. I will not contest the Crown today, but neither am I willing to support anyone other than its current wearer. Therefore, I believe we are back to square one?"

All this talk, to ultimately achieve nothing. One has to wonder if succession was the only item on today's agenda, or will the caucus be worthwhile after all.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread