Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was difficult not to be affected by the praise afforded to her and, thus, Lenora's smile settled in slightly wider for a moment.

"Ambition was what allows all of us to persist these nights," she offers, "and I'm not just speaking of the Clan of Kings."

Stagnation was the undoing of many Kindred. Those who did not cease opportunity withered. The same was true for those who could not adapt.

"I find many periods to suit my tastes, Your Grace, but I have a particular love for Art Deco and Baroque," Lenora answers, "I enjoy the geometry, stylization, and patterns of the former. The latter's place as classical examples of elegance cannot be understated, however."

At the mention of Twist's theatre, Lenora offers a nod.

"I will certainly seek out a showing there when time permits, thank you," she said, "Naturally, I will inform the Archon of when I intend to attend. It's only common courtesy to inform our fellows when we find ourselves drawn to their holdings."

"Training horses was a matter of course in my youth," she offers at word there was another horse trainer in the Domain, "Alongside cattle, it is how my family came into their wealth. However, I may approach Mr. Dirt Nap given time should the mood strike me to take up the craft again."

The Prince's words regarding her own vehicle and the shared interest of the Seneschal in muscle cars was met with an eased smile.

"You are a woman of great taste, Your Majesty. The Gran Torino is a fine vehicle by all accounts," she offers, "I myself own a 1970 Chevelle SS 454. A common vehicle of its day, truly, but the model holds a special place in my heart. I found many modern vehicles too... cluttered."

Then came the moment. The Prince was satisfied well enough to encourage her to read the Laws. It was a chance Lenora intended to make good use of.

"As you say, Your Majesty," she says, bowing her head, "I should only require a moment."

With that, Lenora strode with purpose to the posted Laws, looking them over thoroughly and noting the safety offered to those Kine among emergency services and the laws dictating conversing with the Prince herself. Certainly, Lenora was curious about why the Laws were recently changed and in what fashion, but tonight was not the time for such questions. The Laws were in good order and Lenora found no reason within herself to ask the Prince to indulge a passing curiosity.

Then Lenora promptly returned to the pair.

"I find the Laws of your Domain agreeable and in good order, Your Grace," she said, "Though, if I may be so bold, I have enjoyed our engagement. Should I be accepted into your Domain, I will certainly abide by the Laws, but you will find me more than willing to interact further should you request my presence."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

So she remembered right. That was always good. But horses weren’t really her thing, though getting to know Dirt Nap better might be a good thing.

A nod of her head, “You are very correct. Though no Clan really does it quite like the Lords.” It was true, they were always the most ambitious.

“Not styles I’m too familiar with, though the way you speak of them piques my interest. I find myself drawn to classicism and romanticism. There is a local gallery that is quite popular. The Crocker, one of your cousins, Herald Jack, knows quite a bit about the gallery.” And she still had to use the tickets.

“Of course. And I think you’ll find her quite pleasant to speak with.”

A chuckle and nod, “Too cluttered and just not made well. Most new cars cannot keep up with engines and designs of older cars. It’s like they threw quality away for cheaper cars.” A shake of her head, “A shame really. I found a great mechanic who knows classic cars and treats them like her own of you ever need one.” What could she say, Emily did a great job with her car.

“If you have no questions, I ask that you abide by the Laws as they are set forth. Please be aware that your word is a verbal Oath.”
    Once that was said, “But I’m pleased to offer you Acknowledgement within the Domain, you are free to hunt and reside within the Communal Grounds. Anything outside of that will require permission.” Most understood and it wasn’t typically a problem.

Smiling, “I’ll keep that in mind as I’ve quite enjoyed talking with you. It's always nice to find another who enjoys art and world of fine cars."
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes Stray liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another compliment paid to her blood by the sovereign of Sacramento. Was the Prince merely being pleasant for the sake of lulling her into loyalty or did she truly have some reverence for the storied history of the Clan of Kings? Either way, a quiet pride was evident in Lenora's calm features. She would have time to work out the Prince's view with the offer of Acknowledgement.

"A fine interest, Your Majesty. Baroque pieces are prominent within classical artwork, I am certain you would enjoy it," she offers, "As for Art Deco... I'm sure I can find a suitable example for you to admire in due time."

It was a subtle means of informing the Prince of a gift, naturally, but it was best for one to show appreciation to those within her Circle and the Prince herself.

At the mention of the Herald, Lenora found her eyes flick to Jacque , the man who had repeatedly been identified as the Herald this evening. Should their eyes meet, the newest Lord would offer her cousin a nod.

"I will bear that in mind, Your Grace," she says as Alessandra speaks of her mechanic, "For now my vehicle is in good order, but having a mechanic on speed dial is never a bad idea."

Then came the moment Lenora had waited for. The offer of Acknowledgement.

"Your Law is as clear as your hospitality is generous, Your Majesty," she offers, "I have no questions."

Preparing to offer her Oath, Lenora stops, the sound of a cleared throat emanating from the greater room distracting her. As she looks to the offender ( Elle ), Lenora's practiced ease breaks. Her expression is one of annoyance, having been distracted from her carefully constructed dialogue with the Prince. Though Lenora is unaware of it, the displeasure of being distracted by such a human sound are plain. It seemed she was not above the pride her clan so readily possessed.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-08-19 19:48:43 Lenora rolls 5 to Conceal Emotions (Pres+Sub) (10 Again) 2, 3, 2, 2, 2 failure

However, the woman's greater Beast cows Lenora's own into submission and the Ventrue silently reminds herself of her purpose. Her Pride could wait.

The moment was not stolen. Finish the Oath.

After a moment the Ventrue composes her expression and returns her gaze to the Prince, offering the same cordial smile as before.

"I, Lenora Black, do hereby swear to abide by the Laws of Sacramento as written," she offers.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shallow nod, “I’ll have to keep an eye out. I do plan on spending an evening at the Crocker soon, perhaps they’ll have some pieces there.” If not, internet. “Find a suitable example? Well, consider me very curious.” Gifts could be a fickle thing in their society.

“I’m glad to hear that. But once something goes wrong, it can be hard to find someone who is good.” She’d provide the number if asked.

No questions could be good, or it could mean she didn’t want to look stupid. But that wasn’t usually the case with Lords.

While Lenora stop, the Savages dark eyes snap over to where the sound came from, as does Cain’s. Who walks into a Formal Court and announces themselves in such a manner? Her eyes don’t leave the weakling as she speaks to Mable Wood , “Seems there is someone new.” Her tone even, but the annoyance there. A glance was offered to Twist as well.

Finally, she looks back to the Lord, a smile returning, “Then welcome to Sacramento Miss Black, I hereby Acknowledge you, and you are free to feed and reside in the Communal Zone. Should you have any questions or run into any problems, please feel free to reach out.” While she wasn’t as accessible as before, she would make time for engaging Kindred. “I would hate to keep you from meeting your cousins or anyone else here this evening, so don’t feel you need to keep talking with me.” Her tone was friendly, nothing hidden. She wouldn’t be offended if she decided to seek out the other Lords. But she would keep talking should Lenora wish.

6. Likes Stray liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable caught a noise and stood immediately on guard. She saw twist approaching someone. "Please excuse me, your grace." Mable bowed her head to Ale. "Ms. Black." "I believe you are correct. I will go great our guest with Alder Twist"

Mable didn't wait to be excused by Ale, she knew she had a duty.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Ale accepts the offer of a gift, Lenora nods. She would need to look for one soon. All the better to maintain relations.

At the mention of the need for a mechanic, Lenora merely nods again. She would not bother the Prince for contact information. Not yet. Tonight was about establishing her presence, the mechanic could wait.

When Mable moves to depart, she offers the woman a bow of her head, "Be well, Keeper Wood."

When the conversation turns back to her Acknowledgement and Lenora finds herself successful, her shoulders raise lightly in a subtle sign of relief. As the Prince offers her dismissal, Lenora bows deeply, matching the extent of her earlier display of reverence.

"You are most generous, Your Majesty," she offers as she straightens herself, "I believe it best to adhere to your wisdom and seek out my blood. I will not seek to pull them into private conversation, of course, but ensuring we become familiar to each other is for the better."

A sign she had actually read the laws. Another glance is offered to Jack as Lenora witnesses an entirely unfashionable - and somewhat disturbing - Kindred approach to engage him. Then Lenora moves her gaze to her other stated Kindred, the Heirophant. If all else fails, she can engage the other if one is too busy, but she would attempt contact with the Herald first. After all, his grin had betrayed his interest.

"Should you require me later this evening or another night you only need to ask," she said, a hand dipping into a pocket to retrieve a business card holder. Retrieving one and offering it to the Prince she dips her head downward. Should Alessandra take it, the name upon the card is 'Lenore Greene', Lenora's public identity, alongside a phone number, no email or other information appears to be present "My contact information, Your Grace, should you wish it."

With that, Lenora waited to be formally dismissed, allowing the Prince time to provide any closing comments.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale nods to Mable, knowing where she was headed. Looking over once again, she was glad to see Twist had intercepted the girl as well.

She also catches the look from Derek Menzies , and offers him a nod. A sign she had seen him, and may or may not speak with him. Though it would be good to touch base with the insecure Shadow.

“Should you require a private conversation with them, after Court, the meeting rooms are always available for use. Some like to use them, some don’t, but they are there.” Some had places outside of Nox they liked to meet at. For her, it was her warehouses.

Accepting the card, she looks it over, the name noted, then slides it into a pocket. Yeah, she had pockets in her dress. Why more didn’t have them, she didn’t know.Grazie. I’m sure I’ll be calling upon you to continue our enjoyable conversation.” It was always good to have Kindred one could enjoy a relaxing talk with. “Please, enjoy the rest of your evening.”

Great scene, please feel free to raise your Domain Status to 1

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the off of using the private rooms after Court concludes, Lenora offers a bod, if for no other reason than to show she understood.

Then came the veiled promises of future meetings and Lenora's smile tugged wider. She was pleased she had made the impression she did and, it seemed, she was very much receptive to future talks with Sacramento's sovereign.

A brief bow is given.

"It would be my absolute pleasure, Your Grace," she offers. Then she raises.

"I hope your evening proves fruitful and kind," she says.

And with that, Lenora Black returned to the throng.

Awesome scene! Thank you! Lenora returns to the main thread.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Great Scene. Thank!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread