Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable worked on controlling the beast. The beast screamed in her head so loud that she couldn't hear the music. She did the breathing exercises learned in Yoga and pushed beast down fast and hard.

Mable bowed her head, "Good evening, Your Grace. Thank you, I am enjoying the colors."

Then She presented Lenora. "This is Lenora Black, Clan Ventrue. She is new to our lovely city and is seeking acknowledgement."

Mable wondered briefly if she should have gathered Thomas and Jack also. But as neither could acknowledge at this time she had decided to go straight to Ale. Besides, Ale has always enjoyed meeting new people. Now it is just more controlled and orderly.

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Having been introduced, a sense of relief danced across Lenora's features. Yet there was still some pause, the Lady actively gauging whether or not it was appropriate to speak. In the end, she decided it was time.

"It is an honor, Your Majesty," she offered. A sinple, polite greeting. The Keeper has already spolen of Lenora's intent. There was no reason to pollute the conversation further.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Yes, it’s nice to see everyone taking part in the theme. Certainly, brightens things up.” Not that she cared about bright, but, it was a nice change.

As Mable introduces Lenora, Ale nods and turns her attention to the woman. "We can get that taken care of." she didn't get to do Acknowledgements often.

“Welcome Miss Black.” Greets the Italian, “What brings you to our fine city?” she asks, curious. For some it was change, for others, more personal.

“I didn’t hear any mention of a Covenant.” Though with her manners, she’d guess Invictus. But, she could be wrong. “You’ll find that all Covenants are welcome here, including those unaligned.” Some came from cities where they had to hide those things.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable felt it said a lot about a person and how they reacted to the Prince. So far, so good. Lenora had great court manners. Mable stood by just in case any support was needed, by either individual.

A nod to the Prince at the compliment. Then Mable waited with interest for Lenora's answers.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

The cordial smile remained. Eyes would travel between Alessandra and Mable as they exchanged pleasantries and words. To Lenora, it was important to take the time to acknowledge the presence of both the Prince and her chosen Keeper. Thus, only when she was directly addressed did the comely Ventrue speak.

“I’m afraid my reasoning may be considered a bit dull, Your Grace,” she offers at the question of her arrival to Sacramento, “Simply put, my sire and I had come to the agreement that the time had come for me to, if you’ll forgive the term, ‘leave the nest.’ As you are most certainly aware, it is within the interests of many within my clan to establish a legacy and build upon one’s lineage. The lineage my sire has blessed me with is no exception. One cannot do so when within their sire’s abode. Thus, the need to relocate.”

“As for why I’ve chosen Sacramento in particular, my lineage does not possess a presence on the West Coast and Sacramento also serves as something of a cultural nerve center in California,” she continues, “It affords me… opportunities which would be difficult to replicate elsewhere in the state.”

Then Lenora seems to, once again, consider how to proceed, weighing her options before discussing her affiliations.

“Yes, I’ve heard Sacramento provides a more open atmosphere than many other Domains,” she offers. Many allowed all covenants to settle, even the staunch traditionalists, but few Invictus domains allowed outlier covenants such as the Ordo Dracul and the Circle to have as open a presence as they seemed to have here. “As I mentioned to Keeper Wood, my sire is the Alder Baroness Louisa von Kleist and she serves as a Commissioner for the First Estate in Philadelphia. However, I myself am unaligned.”

“I had the honor of serving her for many decades prior to my Embrace and even had the privilege of mentoring other servants within the networks of her allies. However, even after I received the Kiss, my nights were largely concerned with the management of the Alder Baroness’ Herd and Estate rather than the concerns of the Invictus as a whole,” Lenora continued, feeling the need to explain further, “Thus, I have never received a formal invitation nor was I allowed to accompany her to Invictus meetings that were deemed too important for outside ears. Such was the truth for all servants in Philadelphia. Conversely, my long service to an Invictus of good standing led many others to assume I would not accept their advances of recruitment. Hence my status.”

Lenora’s smile twitched a little wider. The humor of her circumstances was not lost on her.

6. Likes White liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

It might look like Cain was listening, but he really wasn’t. He didn’t care what they talked about. He just wanted to hear the words from Ale that he could feed his blood lust and hatred.

But Ale was obviously listening.

Nodding, “I don’t find it dull at all. I actually quite enjoy hearing about others and the stories they have. And everyone must leave the nest at some point.” Some were forced, and some just naturally did it. “I have heard about such things within your clan. I wish you luck with establishing your own.” Though one had to wonder what drove Lords to that. The whole legacy thing.

“So a very wise move for you.” She compliments.

Well, now that was unexpected. Her Sire was Invictus, and she was not. But it explained her etiquette.

“I’ve been in Domains that were less than inviting to certain Covenants as well as Clans. And I hated it. While there are bad apples every now and then, one cannot hold the sins of one against the whole.”
    At least in her opinion.

“That’s quite a fascinating story. As someone who spent a majority of her Danse unaligned, I can understand. But assumptions are such a distasteful excuse by others who are too lazy to put the work in.”
    like those who had assumptions about her. But this Lord certainly had the makings of a great addition to the Invictus. Worth mentioning to Twist. Though joining a Covenant was a personal decision, maybe she didn’t want to join the Invictus.

“So tell me more about yourself. We all have interests and things that occupy our evenings.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened closely to Lenora and Ale... "I agree with the Prince, your story is very interesting. And thank goodness the Prince is very accommodating to the different clans and covenants. I too have lived places where there was discrimination and hatred. And I have also spent most of my existence unaligned because of it. I was unable to explore my options until I moved here."

Lenora was unaligned, excellent, "Lenora, if you are interested, I could introduce you to Heirphant Thomas Boyle. He is also of Clan Ventrue and the current head of the Circle of the Crone. We would love to have you join the Circle, or even just explore what we do and who we are."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

The picture of civility endures, even as two greater Beasts continue engage Lenora's comparatively meek ravager. Things appear to be going well... but she knows this could change in an instant. Though relaxed, the newest Lord remains highly attentive. It is in her best interests to offer the Prince some measure of satisfaction. Thus, her words should not go unacknowledged or unanswered.

"I thank you for your compliments, Your Grace," she offered, "It was a move I spent considerable time planning. Being the first of my line to reach the West Coast is an important responsibility and I wanted to make the right choice. I have every intention of making good account of myself should I be given your blessing to remain as a result."

Alessandra's voiced displeasure of allowing assumptions to override one's wishes to approach potential recruits earns a slightly wider smile from Lenora.

"As you say, Your Majesty,"
    she says, her tone relaying a sense of agreement to the Prince's viewpoint.

Then came the most intriguing question, one related to Lenora's own hobbies. The Prince was working towards a snapshot of Lenora. It was an admirable tactic and Lenora was not in a position to deny her. The risk of lying would also be too great considering the considerable presence of the Beasts before. However, in this case, Lenora had no wish to lie so the point was moot. The conversation was pleasant.

"My interests are undergoing a sense of self-discovery," she admits, "When providing service to my sire, there was little time for more than passing pleasantries. Thus, now that I no longer serve, I have fallen back into old habits of entertainment that I knew I enjoyed when I was among the Kine. Theater, the arts, and museums are frequent sources of interests. I'm also fond of zoos and, once upon a time, I assisted my parents in rearing and training horses... The world has changed since then though. Owning horses of good quality and breeding is more novelty than necessities."

A small betrayal of her age perhaps. Automotives were not things of frequent use until she neared adulthood.

"As for new interests, I've discovered an interest in classic American muscle cars. Admittedly, I know very little about their function, but the sound and feel of it cannot be matched by other vehicles... and I appreciate the utilitarianism of the interior," Annabelle mused. The comment was perhaps more detail than the Prince needed, but she had nonetheless asked. "I'm also learning about modern music. I find the journey of most genres to be quite distasteful, but I am finding some that suits my temperament."

"Aside from that, I spend much of my nights among the Kine, though my reasoning has more to do with utility than entertainment," she concludes.

Then came Mable's invitation to speak with Thomas.

"I appreciate your information, Keeper Wood," she offers, her smile not fading, "As he is a cousin, a chance exists that our meeting will happen soon. Should I attain acknowledgement, my primary course of action afterwards will be the introduction to members of my blood. As for recruitment or discussion related to the Circle's beliefs, I will admit my faith errs a good bit more towards the Circle than it does to the Lancea Sanctum. Perhaps I will be in touch, though it is doubtful that will occur tonight. I feel it is best to establish myself first before seeking out the covenants. Of course, should I realize the need to join one, I will consider all options and seek contact with the appropriate leaders."

Pure, clear honesty - and neutrality. In matters of Faith and belief, the Circle had its appeal. In matters of Power and familiarity, that appeal laid with the Invictus. As for the others? She would watch and see if they too would get cold feet or seek her. At the heart of the statement was a simple admission, Lenora was not a citizen of Sacramento's Domain. She was under no illusions that the current pleasantries were an indication of anything. The choice was not hers.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wow, seriously? The girl isn’t even Acknowledged and the Crone are already trying to recruit? It was kind of sad.

A nod, “Well, I think you’ll find Sacramento a city and Domain and of many possibilities to those who seek them out. And with how driven you sound, something tells me you’ll seize each opportunity.” Not a bad thing. And with the current changes taking place, she wondered if this Lord would step up.

“You’ll find the city full of various things to spark those interests. I’ve been expanding my art collection the past couple months, and plan to have it displayed here for Courts. Is there a specific type of art you enjoy, or period?” most seemed to enjoy one period over others, but not everyone.

“And if you are seeking theater, I recommend The Ballo Della Notte. It’s owned by our very own Archon Twist.” The shows were always worth seeing. “Horses? Not one I hear very often, but I do remember Mr Dirt Nap mentioning he trains horses.” Least she thinks she remembers that what he did.

An eyebrow was raised, “American muscle cars? I’ll have to show you my car sometime then. I own a 1970 Gran Torino, all restored. Seneschal York also enjoys cars, and probably knows more than I do.” She says with a chuckle.

“You’ve arrived on a good evening; the Laws have recently been revised.”
    A gesture was made to where the Laws were displayed. “If you want to read them over, and please feel free to ask any questions you have.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, your grace, Dirt Nap does train horses. I am quite sure he would love to show you them sometime."

Then Mable stayed silent while Lenora read the laws. Mable watched her wondering if her Invictus trained manners will hold up or if she will prove to be a disappointment. Time will tell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread