Ended
Watch

Double, Double Toil and Trouble

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    P
    Penance

"I... lost my apartment." Penance looked down and stirred the egg-and-rice mush she'd created. She really should've thought of this possibility when she took her trip home, but of course she hadn't because when did she ever think anything out ahead of time.

"Since I was gone for a couple of months, I was not able to pay my rent for a few months. And since they did not have a way to get in contact with me, all of my stuff was thrown out. It was not good." Not for her or the local neighborhood. She really didn't want to reveal any specifics to Sonnie, in fact she'd rather it not be brought up at all, but at least one neighborhood had lost two dogs that day and she REALLY hoped they were strays.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The Beast blinked in surprise, and set down her rice bowl. Sonnie stopping her eating was a sure sign that she took the matter seriously. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Penny! That sucks!" Unseen by any mortals in the deli, her long monkey tail reached over and patted the Ogress on the shoulders, sympathetically.

"What are you going to do now? Where are you staying? Edna's?" she asked, curiously.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

P
    Penance

It was a kind gesture and Penance patted Sonnie's tail in reciprocation, though without being able to see through their Fae Miens, it just looked like she was patting down her shoulder, perhaps to brush something off.

"Sometimes, but it is not a good option. It is part of a fun park, after all. I cannot stay there at all times, especially during the day. I also stay at the Catholic Diocese sometimes, they gave me a key since I work there. But that is even less of an option. I have not been able to get a new apartment since. As I am sure you know, they are not cheap."

She supposed the opening of the Autumn Hollow might make a fine enough place to stay, but it wasn't really meant as a place to stay. Most of its amenities did not factor in that. Besides of which, she was sure constantly sleeping in The Hedge would have its own negative side-effects, whether she was in a Hollow or not.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I know what you mean. I only got a crappy little apartment. Can't afford anything better." Sonnie scooped up her rice bowl and resumed eating as she thought about Penance's situation, rocking from side to side as her mind wandered.

"Hmmm. I can help you search for a new place. What can you afford? What is it you do for a living, again?"

P
    Penance

"That... would be appreciated." She supposed she could also ask Rhodes about the issue but... it seemed an issue outside of his area of expertise. Given the number of fancy outfits he had and his ability to casually drop money on expensive wine, she just didn't feel like it was situation the Fairest would know how to deal with. His most likely reply was just to crash at Edna's, but Penance didn't consider that a very permanent solution. Though perhaps once its function, you couldn't really hang out there anymore than you could call the High Striker your home.

"It would have to be something cheap. My income is limited, it is not very consistent. I have a more permanent job as a groundskeeper for the local Catholic church, but I also take up a bunch of side jobs to cover the difference."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Groundskeeper Penny," the Simpsons reference made her smile, though Sonnie doubted the Ogre knew the show very well. Taking in a mouthful of rice and egg, she chewed while pulling out her phone and scrolling through apartment listings.

"Took me some time to adjust, you know? To phones being able to do stuff like this. It's so sci-fi! I mean, back before, the internet was something you could only access on a computer, and it was mostly just simple message boards and those badly made Geocities websites. I had.. uh, had a friend that had one for the Backstreet Boys." She coughed. "How silly, right?"

"Annnnyyyyway, my point is there's all kinds of ways to find apartments now. Apps and stuff. I'm sure we can find you something. Do you have any preferences? Besides cheap, I mean?"

P
    Penance

"It was a lot coming back. I did not have internet growing up. I do not know if we even had it in China at the time. We had our own troubles at the time. Also, I do not know of these Backstreet Boys, they sound like a gang." Much like Sonnie had guessed, the pop culture references just flew over the Ogre's head. Things like The Simpsons and boy bands, it was all outside of her realm of knowledge. Some would argue for the better.

"I might like someone to share it with. In case I have to leave again, I would like it if I had someone who could help me with that while I was gone. This is a terrible experience already, I do not want to go through it again."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The Beast chuckled, her eyes never leaving her phone as she continued searching, "The Backstreet Boys were a boy band. A musical act. Mostly appealing to teenage girls. There were many boy bands back then. They seem to not be a thing anymore. Except in K-pop."

An eyebrow raised, "You want a roommate? That can be a tall order, for folks like us. We're usually better off living alone. Better to keep our lives secret, you know? Hmmm, I'm not sure how to find you a roommate like that." She chewed on her bottom lip, thumbs still dancing over her phone screen, "I mean, unless we can find you someone who is super into minding their own business..."

P
    Penance

"Musicians? Perhaps it is another thing I will have to look into. My research into your culture never seems to have an end." Even though Sonnie was at least half her culture as well.

"Oh, that is right. Ok, no roommates. I do not need anybody seeing me eat roadkill." Given what the had to go through, she really couldn't ask somebody being overly concerned for her. At least, not one she couldn't hide from when necessary, there was a difference between a roommate and an employer. She could choose to avoid that nice priest at the church if she needed to.

"Then I suppose I would need the opposite of that. No roommates. Possibly no neighbors as well. I do not care about neighborhood, in fact, a bad neighborhood could be very good for one of us."

0 Scenes

Scene's been going almost a week over long, please start wrapping and we can get to more scenes!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.