Ended
Watch

Double, Double Toil and Trouble

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    P
    Penance

It was early in the morning, dew still on the grass and the sun only recently having come over the horizon. This was the earliest this Eastern-deli opened at, which should server Penance's purposes well enough. Not that secrecy was needed, but it was certainly more to the Ogress's liking. It was in Fall's nature to keep things close to their chest and at the very least this minimized any problems in case anything taboo in public DID slip out. This was Sonny they were talking about, after all, if she was half as impetuous as her namesake, it was something to keep in mind.

The reason for such an early morning meeting was simple: they both worked strange hours. She'd made sure to call ahead of time to make sure and hash this out, otherwise who knew if her friend would be able to make it? With both of them on inconsistent schedules, scheduling breakfast together was one of few areas she could match between them. Wanting to be a gracious host, she had ordered them a bite to eat: a simple dish of eggs over rice with soy sauce on the side in case either of them wanted it. She was already nibbling on hers, having told the owners to hold on to the other until her friend came in. A half-empty glass bottle of Coke sat next to her.

With a bit of yardwork at the local diocese scheduled, she was dressed in jeans and a grey tank top, leaving her Mask aside for today, so her muscular arms were in all their blood-red glory. She hadn't said too much to Sonny about what was going on, she didn't want to spook her away in case she wasn't up to it. She'd simply said she had a proposal and wished to talk it over with Sonny some time, at which point they'd agreed on this place and this time. ...Hopefully the Beast remembered.

Abyssalstar

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Perhaps a little late, Sonnie Wu wandered into the deli, dressed in jeans and a black t shirt, with the jacket and hat of Sacramento Express, the local courier company she worked for. The cap she was wearing backwards, like a teenager in the 90s. Hopefully, she wouldn't try to rap or something.

After glancing over the place, she smiled and sat down at Penance's table. Setting her messenger bag aside, the Beast folded her hands on the table. "Howdy! Cool of you to call, Penny. So, what's up, girl?" Her nostrils flared as she smelled all the great food in this place.

When Sonnie spoke, one thing that was noticeable was she now had fangs. Her canine teeth had lengthened and sharpened, giving her a smile like the monkeys she already shared physical features with. Rather than disturbing, the sharp teeth were sort of endearing. Like those 'cute little anime fangs' some animated characters had.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

P
    Penance

Just when Penance was thinking that she'd have to call and ask where she was, Sonnie finally traipses into the building with a big grin on her face. Much like herself, she was dressed for her job, though it was slightly more fashionable for her than it was for Penance. It was the jacket, it looked much more professional than Penance's top, seeing as it actually was part of Sonnie's uniform. Penance offered her lazy wave before taking another bite of her meal.

"As you can see, I am back in town. But you knew this already. Unfortunately, I... are those fangs?"
    The Ogress was momentarily taken aback by the new bit of dental work in the Beast's mouth. She was certain those weren't there last time. But they seemed quite fitting for the wily Changeling.

"Nàxiē kàn qilái hěn kě'ài! You are lucky. Yours look much better than mine." She ran a tongue over the spindly stalagmite and stacalite-like teeth that formed her ever-present 'grin'.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

When attention was called to them, Sonnie's tongue reflexively touched her newly sharp teeth. She chuckled as she removed her hat.

"Oh, yeah. They showed up a few nights ago. Something to do with my connection to the..." she paused and looked about the deli, then leaned closer to Penny and whispered, "...to the Wyrd. I've started recovering some memories, too. It's all kinda freaky."

The Beast smiled, flashing the fangs, "Thanks! They are kinda neat! Nothing compared to yours, though. Anyway, what are we eating here?" She looked down at the Ogre's meal, curious.

P
    Penance

Penance feels the hair on the back of her neck bristle when Sonnie leans in to mention how she got her new dental work. Growing closer to the Wyrd was good and all, but remembering more about Arcadia was both a blessing and a curse. It gave you more to work on, but their Durance was almost always and unpleasant experience to say the least. She wasn't entirely cognizant of what all she did during her time in fairyland either, but what she did remember was enough to drive her to change her entire life after the fact.

"Are you all right? Those are unpleasant thoughts. Do not let them disturb you too much. Remember, you are not the same person you were in... there." She fixed the monkey with a serious and somewhat worried stare to make sure she got the message before she sat back in her seat again.

"Trust me. You do not want my teeth. They are more trouble than they are worth. For one, they do not chew well." She supposed she should count herself lucky she had a second, smaller row of teeth hidden behind her first. With her fangs having outgrown her lips, it would've made for far worse table manners than they she already had. "I bought both of us eggs over rice. I hope you like it, I thought it would be best to go with something simple."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie smiled reassuringly, though it wasn't one hundred percent convincing, "Oh, yeah. Don't worry, I'm fine. What's a few weird nightmares? Anyway, enough about that! Let's move on, shall we?"

If Penny can't chew, does she just swallow her food whole? Like a snake?

Ummm... Don't ask.

Her smile brightened back to it's normally high levels. Food tended to get that reaction from the Beast, "Oh, egg on rice? Sounds great! Thank you! Simple can be a good thing. Like, just some toast for breakfast."

P
    Penance

Penance still looked concerned, but she nodded and didn't bring it up further. Though now that Sonnie was thinking on how the Ogre ate, she'd probably notice that Penance's food sat in a small puddle of soy and sriracha sauce and she was eating it with a spoon. It... didn't look all that appetizing on account of all the sauces and Penance still had to dab at her chin when the makeshift broth dribbled through her teeth, but if she liked it that way...

"I ordered you one too, but you will have to ask them for it. I didn't want it to get cold before you were here. I also bought you a drink, but you should choose it. I did not see any banana smoothies, so I did not know what else you would like." She hid a smile behind another spoonful of rice, suggesting she was poking fun at Sonnie's simian appearance.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The Beast laughed, always happy to poke fun at herself, "That's okay. I get my fill of banana smoothies all the time!"

With a wink, Sonnie got up and went to the counter, where she requested her ordered food. Once the meal was given to her, she returned to Penny's table and resumed her seat. "This looks great!" Forgoing any further formality, the 'Scrambler started eating.

Between mouthfuls of eggy rice, she asked of the Ogre, "So how's things been for you? Autumn will arrive before you know it! Are you excited?"

P
    Penance

"I thought you might like it. You were the one who told me about this place, after all." A bit more self-conscious now that someone else was eating with her, she didn't seem as eager to touch her food at the moment.

"Excited, yes. Rhodes seems to have plans and I hope you will like them when you see them." She'd been helping him with his project since he'd shown it to her and she figured everyone would be quite impressed with it. "Now that I am back, I can help with the planning and heavy lifting. It is a load of Rhodes's shoulders to have some help." Or at least so she thought. She hoped so.

"As for me... things have not been as good."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie nodded vigorously while she listened and ate. She could multi-task with the best of them! "Cool! I liked what I saw during Winter and Summer. I'm eager to see what you and Rhodes cook up!"

Her monkey tail slowly swayed back and forth behind her, noting her relaxed mood. There was something about being here, in this Chinese deli, talking to Penance, that put her at ease. Of course, she knew it was because this reminded her of home in San Francisco. There was a twinge of sadness, but she tamped it down in order to enjoy the moment.

"Oh?" Her eyebrows raised as the Ogress brought up some sort of personal tribulations, "What's wrong?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.