Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods Herald Jack and says amiably, "Much obliged to you, Herald Jack, Sir. 'Dirt Nap' is the name I consider most True and preferred, but a lot of folks tend to feel more comfortable calling me some kind of name based on what I do business as, namely 'Clayton Jordan Carter'. That's not really me, but I'll be glad to answer to anything you like to make of it, if you prefer, Sir."

He turns to Derek and says, "That's more than I knew, and I thank you for it, Deputy Mitnick. I sure won't hold you up from anything, but I wonder if you wouldn't mind, letting me know a number or other way I could catch up to you later and talk about somethings? I remember Priscus Elettra recommending it, and she always did seem to give me good advice."

Dirt Nap won't stop Derek, except to get a contact number if he is amenable to giving him one. Having thanked them both, Dirt Nap also will wander back to the main scene.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded his head at the expression of thanks, only to hold his gaze over Derek as he completes the final statement. "Enjoy the rest of your evening Mister Nap. I hope we can talk again soon." As Derek's motions indicate disengaging from the conversation Jacque directed his own question to him, "Deputy Mitnick, perhaps you had another clarifying question you would like to ask? Maybe regarding what it means in the Laws to not approach Her Majesty unless invited to do so?"

"I may not have been clear in my earlier response to you and for that I apologize. What I meant by 'not intending to add an additional step to starting a conversation with Her' was that the Seneschal and I aren't acting as Her Majesty's handlers or gatekeepers. The expectation is not to approach us for mere permission to meet with the Prince. We are Her voice and Her hand. Kindred of the Domain will bring what business they have to us and they will hear Her Will, whether it be a direct response or a follow up meeting as needed." He looked over Derek's features seemingly waiting for some form of gesture of understanding. Jacque chose his words carefully as to not be pompous about his position, but to inform Her Will as a matter of fact.

"I would just hate for such a misunderstanding to give the appearance as though someone is blatantly disregarding the Prince's wishes," he lifts his shoulders awaiting any response from the shadow. If the matter was as urgent as he was making it sound, the most direct path to speaking with the Prince was through him.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Before parting ways with Dirt Nap, Derek slips a business card from his indigo jacket pocket and hands it to the Gangrel containing his phone and email.

“I would welcome the chance to speak. Email or text me a time and location you find appropriate,” he says to Dirt Nap .

But before he can turn to leave, he hears Jack’s follow-up explanation. If he is perturbed by the misunderstanding, he does not seem to show it beyond his already nervous demeanor.

“Thank you, Herald, for that clarification. If that is indeed the most direct route, then I humbly request that you carry Her a message on my behalf. I wish to report to Her the details of an assignment She had tasked me with directly as well as to pass along information regarding the Sheriff’s recent findings. If She would be so kind as to grant me an audience then I would be most grateful.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smiled formed across his lips, "I won't hold you up any longer, Deputy. Please enjoy the rest of your evening."

It wasn't his place to try and squeeze details from a stone. The expectations had been set, the laws were defined. As he walked back to mingle, he held a lingering gaze to Alessandra to confirm she had heard his request. Without any background on this personal task it was on her to decide if she wished the Deputy to update Jack or herself personally.

Jack exits the scene unless otherwise stopped.

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Of course Derek is disturbed by Jack's smile, wondering if the Lord felt slighted by Derek's request to make his report to the Prince instead of himself. So long as it garnered the Prince's attentions it would serve the Shadow's purpose. Though he shudders at the thought of the alpha predator's gaze upon him.

Derek returns to the Court proper to await the result of his inquiries.

Derek exits to main thread

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread