Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently, gleaning what he can of the Believer's beliefs and convictions and teaching without comment or apparent judgement as to their validity or value, just trying to understand.

Her humility also goes unremarked; Dirt Nap's expression is still, merely taking in what there is to be received.

Then she is done and asks him about the Order.

"I am not one to speak for others, Ma'am." he says. "The Order is all about practicality. 'What works?' is what they want to know, and 'Does it work every time?'."

He shrugs. "I used to believe the Beast was a demon, that moved in when my spirit moved out, and that I am just a recorded memory trying to keep the shell in line with the spirit that used to live here, fighting to keep the demon from having the full run of the house." he says.

"Now I believe the Beast doesn't have any special knowledge that isn't in my own memories, so I don't think it is a demon. They're supposed to be smarter and more experienced than that. So...I suppose if I had to guess, I lean towards thinking it's a distillation of what the Bible calls 'The Flesh', only all the worse for the spirit having moved on to greener pastures and left just me behind. The experiments of the Order are more about the function of the thing, how it is part of making Vitea and whether it is somehow the engine that animates us, or just a spark that gets us going." he shakes his head. "The long way of saying, 'I don't rightly know', I suppose."

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

"A practice is not a purpose, Mr. Nap," Patience replies. "Understanding is not belief."

Indeed, that is what makes the Ordo Dracul so tempting and so inconsequential: it offers solutions, but it does not truly offer explanations. Parlor tricks are not articles of Faith.

"Please remember that." The haunt almost seems earnest, in her own unnerving way.

"I'll find you some night soon, to deliver the Testament. But for now, I'll leave you to...mingle." Mud brown eyes roll about, taking in the present collection of Damned. The space is filling up and Patience needs a moment to collect her thoughts.

With that, she turns on her heel and abruptly marches away.

Wrapping this up because I won't be around to post for the next five days. Thanks for the fun!

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I believe I will, Ma'am. I believe I will." Dirt Nap says quietly to the back of Patience as she leaves.

Thank you, you're very considerate, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread