DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek can’t help but wonder what had transpired for Jack a couple hours ago to change his mind. He can only surmise it has to do with the suggestion of checking the Harpy’s office in addition to the Sheriff’s.

He answers his question without reservation, “To me Her Grace appears distant, not nearly as social as she once was upon my arrival. Im afraid I have little to no idea what her intentions or thought process has been as of late. But I suppose I need only try harder to speak with her directly.”

Derek looks thoughtful for a moment and fiddles with his bag strap before adding, “But if you are not concerned then I suppose I shouldn’t be either. Well then, shall we conclude our business here tonight? I will drop off the lockpicks tomorrow evening, either at your office or with the staff?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque lifted his shoulders once more, "You're not wrong, Deputy Mitnick. What it boils down to is as the population surged in Sacramento, the amount of petty bullshit also increased in kind. Her Majesty was very hands on, but she recognized she'd be in constant motion handling rather minor things. She is leaning on her officers to take care of the unending waves of small things so she can remain focused on the large things, but I would be surprised if she remained disengaged socially for long. The rules forbid others from approaching her directly, but she is still free to engage in whatever conversations she chooses." He grins with a coy smile, "It will be fun to see how she adapts."

"Sure," he replied regarding the picks. "I don't lock my office yet, so you could leave them in one of the drawers."

Blood Hunt:

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

“Perfectly understandable,” Derek replies, expressionless. “Micromanagement can often have the opposite effect to a desired outcome. What matters is established trust and communication in that delegation. That the trustworthy are rewarded and the agitators silenced. I trust that those who have remained, and remained cooperative, may receive that benefit.”

He glances back to Jack momentarily. “All the more reason to demonstrate ones usefulness. You certainly have. I hope I may emulate that in the coming nights.”

Derek turns and takes a few steps away. “I shall leave them in your office then. Enjoy the rest of your evening. I hope these tools serve you well, and that you will again consider my participation in your appointed task.”

Ready to wrap!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque softens his expression with a smile, “I’m certain that trust is well placed, but that is ultimately up to Her Majesty.”

“To you as well, Deputy,” he turned to return to his office as he found himself with some inquiries to make.

Ditto! Thanks for the scene

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread