Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was in the living room of the Farm House. Clothes were strewn over all the furniture. She was wrapped in a short silk floral robe. Hair done, Makeup done.

She had texted Jack. She realized she was socially over her head right now and didn't know what to wear.

She had a formal Blue Dress, a formal almost white dress, A simple but sexy black dress, a white suit, and a long black dress.

She had various heels in the chair that she would choose from once Jack told her what was the best look.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque makes his way up the drive to the farm, already dressed for the night ahead of him. He knocked on the door, and after receiving a signal to enter he quirked his eyebrow at the different options Mable was debating over.

"I'd go with the white suit or the shorter black dress." He shrugged his shoulders. He had no idea what he was walking into, so those seemed like the more middle of the road choices. "How have you been?"

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I've been great...and you?"

She looked at the two outfits. "Well, Men in black...So I will go with the black dress."

She dropped her robe and slid the black dress over her naked body. The material was soft against her skin. She grabbed black strappy sandals and slipped them on as well as a simple silver chain around her waist with a small pendent with three moons.

"Okay, ready when you are."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded along with the reasoning for the choice before answering, "Well enough, I suppose. Happy to of resolved some of the Prince's concerns with the laws in the rewrite, now on to other urgent matters." He was briefly caught off guard by the reveal, but only because she had come off as prudish during their first conversation. The nudity itself didn't register with him, more that he was curious if he had misread the previous interaction or if this was a change in behavior for her. Either way, there was more important business to be had.

"I can drive if you wanted to navigate, unless you have a strong preference to drive." Jacque paused, waiting for the response as he manipulated the key fob between his fingers.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was blissfully unaware of Jack's thoughts about her and whether she was a prude or not. Mable slipped on her shoes, "I am really glad the laws were rewritten and cleaned up a bit. I still worry that there is too much wiggle room but that is up to us to keep controlled. We need to learn to work together, Jack."

Mable looks at him, "That means you need to stop talking down to me and under minding me in front of others. It also means in court we both need to keep personal feelings out of court. It's a job. Perhaps we need a signal when we think the other is stepping out of line and we could go talk in another room immediately. I see us as the parents in court, having a united front. I realize as a Ventrue you already think of me, a Gangrel, as an idiot. But I don't like being made a fool of, I am more than capible of doing so for myself." She tried to soften it a bit.

She tilts her head, "In an article I read, there is a thing called us vs. them. Where individuals from two different groups see each other as an enemy. It stems from a lack of understanding of each other and fear of the differences. The solution to this is to get to know each other and find the similarities. So that is my proposal to you is we get to know each other."

"In doing so, I promise to not take an instant offence and to be as much of an open book to you as possible."

She watched him play with his key fob, "Well, given that your vehicle has a fancy key fob and I drive an old work truck...I'd say you drive. For me that is the first step in trust, to get into a vehicle with you driving."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, this is happening now? He glances around to make sure the space was private enough, "I think we need to focus on the task at hand, Keeper Wood. I agreed to an evening for us to square our shit, but tonight was not really meant for that conversation. If you need this to happen for the sake of working together effectively tonight, we can do it now."

Lifting the fob towards Mable, "You're also welcome to drive my car if you prefer."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiles warmly to Jack. "We can speak anytime you are ready. And please, we aren't in court, call me Mable or Mabs or whatever nickname you choose."

"For tonight... What is our cover story? I know my friend has gotten us in, but are we supposed to be a couple? Also, what is the general plan?"

"You can drive. But thank you for the offer. I have been doing some defensive driving so maybe if we need a quick getaway I can drive?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"As you wish, Mable." His eyes drift off in distant thought, "If memory serves me correctly you don't have an alias so it is best to go with as much truth as possible. Lies are increasingly expensive things so I try to stay away from them as much as possible."

"I'm a business associate of yours by the name of Alexander Krait, and I go by Alex. We heard of a suspicious death that occurred a few months back of a man by the name of Jeff Cummings at the strip club 'Deja Vu'. The coroner has kept the autopsy sealed and we need access to it and/or the body. We need to find those with the proper influences to get access to the coroner's office or records and trade favors with them." He focuses his eyes on Mable, "That's the general run down, but as Lina suggested I'll be doing most of the negotiating. Direct access to both is the best outcome, but access to the building would suffice as well."

He clutches the fob with a shrug, "Good to know, but it shouldn't come to that. Frankly, it had better not come to that." From what Lina mentioned of the place, it housed the movers and the shakers of Sacramento. If they stirred up enough shit for that type of exit there wouldn't be a safe place for them to go.

"Ready to go?"

Can you tag Steven in your next post if you're ready?

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked at her clothes, maybe she should go get her black suit. Then decided she was fine as is. Besides, she may have to use the sexiness as a tool if negotiations call for it.

"Ok, Alex." Mable tried out the name. "Truth and some omissions works for me. I hate lying anyway. Ok. Let's go." She looked at the cats, already on her clothes and shrugged.

Steven we are ready to get to the club.....

S
    Steven

It is a beautiful, clear evening. Even with the light pollution of the capital city, the stars are twinkling crystals in the sky as the two kindred make their way toward the prestigious nightclub. It is not found on in any phone book. It is buried in the google search results and the building doesn't even have an address indicator on it. From the outside, it is a plain as can be. No lights can be seen, no lines outside waiting to get in, because if you are waiting, you are not getting in at all. The list exists, and Mable Wood, is on that list.

As they approach the front the building no noise can be heard. No homeless men are about, no people sit and wonder. Any vehicles driving by are simply commuters or cabbies. The only indication that this is not a derelict building is the odd lack of garbage or build up around the outside of the building. Otherwise, it is another blank building in a series of blank buildings.

As the kindred open the door and enter, they walk into what looks like the reception area of a rent-all or a furniture warehouse. A man sits behind the counter wearing completely normal street clothes. A dingy gray tee shirt and a pair of jeans. Two days stubble on his face and his hair brushed, but messy from what looks like a days work.

He doesn't look up, "Name on the order?" He asks, not looking up from his cellphone.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread