Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Oh goody. Thomas seemed to be taking the news that his recent hire actually WAS a determined killer quite well. That was a step. And he was offering advice! Another good thing.

Mmm... My request won't nearly be as detailed- my knowledge of Kindred is actually quite basic, and you'd merely be helping me fulfill some... Creative ideas for my target- for example. I understand that, if one drinks from an inebriated human, their inebriation will pass on. The same is true for most drugs as I recall... Does this logic also apply to blood bags? If one were to lace a... Chalice of blood, with say... Ecstasy. Would it pass on?" A bit underhanded, but who said anything about playing fair? "And also for medicines that affect blood specifically, like thinners? Would those have any effect on Vitae flow?"

Seth skimmed through the art pieces, humming and mulling over the images as Thomas offered his services in other matters. "I'm afraid there are no ticks that I can understand. He is merely a member of the Company- here to ensure their little machine keeps chugging. Disposable- the perfect messenger. So I'm prepared for just about anything to happen." Seth pushed a few of the images towards Thomas

"This one has an interesting style- I would like to make the mouth vampiric if possible. The meaning will be obvious- a play on the balance we Kindred uphold, on why we do not feast with wild abandon? That would go well with many of the traditionalists, and could serve as a powerful image to show those coming into the fold. Alternatively, I could keep the mouth human and the creatures vampiric. That would be stunning in it's own rights- and would be bound to send messages."

Seth wasn't a master at painting- but it was his forte, and his pieces were usually well above average.

"This one here- the creature upon the horse. I could give the horse vampiric features as well- perhaps in the teeth. I could have the rider's legs bleeding onto the mount, the blood being drawn in. The little one remains untouched and pure. A symbol of how our kind often helps support and prop up humanity's advancements, how much they truly owe us? Their lives, the future of their race..." Seth mused- it was unsure by his tone if he truly believed that. "The validity doesn't quite matter- it will please the older members of our happy little family, perhaps, to have their... Accomplishments... Validated." Immortality bred egotism.

The thief seemed quite interested, his eccentricities having a useful outlet in these surrealist images.

"And this one here- this ship? I could include some iconography appropriate for your beliefs. The individuals attached to the side could represent an eternal devotion. How you all power such a might vessel, that will continue to thrive even while all else falls? A nice bit of unified imagery, perhaps appropriate to look back on in difficult times. I might also include other clans, should you prefer a broader approach."

The thief chuckled and smiled again. "Of course I could just paint mirrors of all of these- as best as could be done, with the Mediums provided. That I leave to you. And don't sell yourself short- I can always find uses for someone so talented. I doubt I could ever accomplish such feats, Thomas." A less-creepy smile at the end, as Seth pulled out his sketchbook and started drawing rough bits, going by what little of the layout he'd seen.
    Anything else?

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Yes, blood spiked with alcohol or drugs would carry the desired effect, whether it's fresh or bagged. Curiously, however - medicine doesn't work on Kindred at all, even though it should. I can't give you an answer as to why, but it's a peer-reviewed finding that meds don't mix with Vitae"

A messenger, then? Was he like Adam, an envoy sent to investigate the past and present of the First Estate - or was he carrying something else? Thomas will probably never know, and won't ask - the only group within the Invictus that interests him is, after all, the Nachteule.

The Lord sits, silent, as Seth muses on what he could do with the images. How to make them more... corresponding with the Kindred condition.

"I find it irritating when others try to second-guess or forcibly lead my work, so I planned to leave most of it to you and your creative flow, but - the changes you describe mostly fit. However, I think you'd have trouble finding much 'iconography' common to the whole of the Circle" He says, tapping on the printout with the ship "In terms of Covenant cohesion we are only a step above the Carthians" The Dragons, the Invictus, the Church... they all yielded to hierarchy. Rigid structures helping the Man, but impeding progress "If you mean my beliefs specifically, then I have to disappoint you - I don't worship any gods, because there is nothing to worship. Just metaphors to study - and they all have their names on the altar, so it should be enough for them" He smiles. Being metaphors, the gods won't mind their tithes denied them "Maybe this is the one you should leave mostly intact? Let the viewers decide on the meaning?"

Ultimately, it was up to the Shadow. Creation is Power, after all, and he won't deny Seth the taste of it that this comissioned work will bring.

"The thing that cannot change is that by the first night of September, the paint must be dry"

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth simply nods, musing to himself. He should have more than enough for the paint- he'd likely need to go over the entire place with a coat of white or grey first to provide a clean canvas.... After that, it was just a bunch of disposable pallets and hours of painting.

"Did you wish for me to use Vitae in some of the works? Blood is viable as well, I suppose, but it ages poorly. A drop of Vitae in the red really pops out. I'll use it for the eyes.... Maybe some dripping down the mouth?... Mmmmmm..." The thief was musing to himself mostly right now, pulling out supplies and putting them on the table, picking out a few small paint packs to use. "I could meet the deadline, most certainly.... that reminds me for whatever reason, this... Clairvoyance. It could reveal more details about my target? What would you need to know to perform the act? And is there anything else you can think of that might be useful?" The Norvegi hummed about- yes, this would be easy enough.

Do you wish for me to roll, or anything like that, for the painting?
    Anything else?

T
    Thomas Boyle

The Lord smiles "I should inform you that after no more than a moment there's no chemical difference between Vitae and the blood of a regular human. An evolutionary mechanism, I suppose. Allows us to stay hidden, like wolves in sheep's clothing" At any rate, it was one of the fascinating secrets of Kindred physiology "Still, I won't stop you if you think it'll help" Far be it from Thomas to impede a creative process.

"There's nothing I specifically need to know - but every detail helps. Surely you have some description or image of your target? The place where he stays, the car he uses?" He hums "And just so we are clear on how this works: blood magic does not reveal why something is important. Only that it is.

I believe that's Steven 's call. I don't think the nature of the work allows it to be governed by the Crafting guidelines, so as far as I'm concerned it might be done via Glimpse or simply handwaved as happening off-screen - there's enught time until September that it can get realistically done until then

S
    Steven

If you just want to write a glimpse for this you can. You can take the time you need

T
    Thomas Boyle

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

The thief raises an eyebrow at the comment on Vitae turning to blood. "That is the case, yes- but the physical properties of Vitae are just slightly different to that of paint. If one were to spill and mix such a hue in with the paints before it faded... Well, I suppose some might say there isn't much of a difference. I'd disagree on principle... I'll send you more information, and see what can be done. My thanks for the opportunity, Thomas." Another smile, as the fangless finished packing up his supplies.

"You'll have to send me any dates that I shouldn't come over, if such times exist. I will avoid having to spend the days here, of course. Here's my number- so we can have more private discussions in the future." A hastily scribbled note, a zipping up of a bag, and a shadow prepared to slink away.

I'M SO SORRY my computer broke and the other computer I was hoping on using didn't have a working charger because it was lost and I couldn't find a public area nearby and my phone's wonky with the app but it's fixed now!
    Anything else?

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Thank you, Seth. It was a pleasure to meet you" says the Ventrue, accepting the gift of phone number and giving away his own. It's true - communicating via notes was a hassle.

"Feel free to come over whenever you want. There's a small group of mortals coming here on Fridays for... studies, but they shouldn't be a problem. If you feel like it, you can even join in" Although the Shadow probably wouldn't care for that much exposure, especially given his trade. What if one of Thomas' students witnessed him some night, going about his murderous business?

Courtesies paid, the Lord nods to Seth in farewell, allowing him to leave. He was content with the deal, but what brought him even more pleasure was the imagined look on everyone's faces as they witness th artistry. It's going to be great.

No problem! Ithink we can close this Scene, please tag me in the Glimpse!

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Fun scene!