Ended
Watch

Mending the Circle

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    T
    Thomas Boyle

To say that the interlude between their last council and tonight was eventful would be like saying the Atlantic is a pretty big puddle of water. Some of these events were a hindrance, like Krieg's departure, some spoke of progress, like Thomas' meetings with his fellow Lords and some were an unknown, like the newfound rapport between the Ventrue and the Prince.

And that's just what has happened, and to him only. Surely Mable and Hanna's past and future holds further excitement? If nothing else, the Savage and the Lord need to properly greet the newest member of the Sacramento Circle.

To that end, Haruspex Boyle asked for a little of the two women's time at the Farm. He'd flaunt the new meeting room at the Temple if he had anything to flaunt - it wasn't ready yet. The Lord approaches the porch, a thoughtful smile on his face. He appears happy, or content at the very least.

Thomas waits for the others to appear.

H
    Hanna Kadlek

In the distance, a car was heading to the outskirts of the Farm. It stopped at the end of the driveway, away from the main house, for no longer than a minute before once again pulling away. Several minutes passed and striding down the path towards the house came the blonde Haunt. She dragged behind her a black, wheeled luggage case and in the other hand, Hanna was carrying a solid black guitar case covered in various metal band stickers. For tonight's get together, she had gone informal; a black denim skirt that was torn in strategic places, bare legs ending in a simple pair of black worker boots and a chequered black and white blouse with just enough of the buttons done so as to cover her modesty. The rest flapped open as she walked, beaming an ear to ear grin towards Thomas.

"Evening! I can't tell you how excited I was to get your message. Thanks for this, really." Coming to stop at the foot of the porch, Hanna took out her ponytail, allowing her hair to unfurl around her heart-shaped face. Her make-up? Impressive!

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was waiting inside for the others to arrive. She was wearing jean shorts, a tank top and bare feet. The cats were sleeping on their cat tree. Ears perked up when they heard the others arrive.

Mable opens the door, "Good evening, come on in."

Inside the farm house living room looked like this.

T
    Thomas Boyle

The Beasts were expected, which made it a lot easier. A wave of irrational aggression flowed and then receded as he saw the Haunt be so... gleeful. There was also something soothing about her voice, and the carefully crafted look. Seems this Circle is blessed with Nosferatu of significant charisma.

At this point Mable was a sight so familiar that it produced no more than a certain rise of tension, quickly abated by her demeanor.

Thomas nods in greeting to Hanna, then Mable.

"Good evening to both of you. Should we go inside or stay on the porch?" He eyes the luggage Hanna brought with her "Do you need any help with that?" Admittedly, Thomas wasn't a strong man but a bit of chivalry never killed anybody.

Once Mable and Hanna make their choice of seating and everyone is comfortable, Thomas will continue:

"I believe we should first address all the issues that arose lately, Krieg's departure first among them. Then we can fully focus on you" The Ventrue stands out a bit, wearing a light-brown suit. Not a formal attire, but certainly more so than jeans "There's much I'd like to ask you, if you entertain the request"

Thomas clears his throat "So, as you know Krieg has left the city to attend to the Circle elsewhere, and with how many hats he wore it creates a large power vacuum in Sacramento - he was Regent, Priscus, Hierophant and Deputy Sheriff. That last title is of little interest to me, but the others are obviously significant. First, I spoke to the Prince the other night and asked her to bestow the Regency of Citrus Heights on you, Mable. I expect a meeting to make it official will be held soon" A quick look at the Savage, not a moment more than is needed to see her outward reaction "With how many Nosferatu are presently in the Domain, the title of Priscus gains new weight, and I don't think it needs stating that I'd be elated if you secured it, Hanna" It shouldn't be too hard. Art seemed so... skittish in Court, and Patience had all the flexibility of Savonarola and Torquemada. Out of the three, Hanna is best suited to be a leader. Obviously.

"But the Circle cannot operate without a Hierophant, and at the risk of sounding immodest I believe myself to be a good fit for this role"

Is it all about titles that he wanted them here toinight? Of course not. But some things need to be cleared up first.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable hugged Thomas, if he allowed. to Hanna, "I am a hugger. If you are okay with it I would love to give you a hug. Thomas is a sweet man and is getting used to it." She gives him a smile.

"Let's sit inside. Here I can grab the suitcase, Hanna."

Mable smiles at her new mate. "OMG your hair is just beautiful."

"So Titles. First let me add, I believe Hanna would be perfect for Priscus. You have the presence and I believe the mind for it. Art is skiddish and I believe Patience is going to want to save all of our souls even more so then Adam wanted to save mine. I get where she is coming from but I believe she will be focused on her religion."

"I would love the regency. The Prince did once offer for me to share it with Krieg. And I have been patrolling it. I would like to suggest, as a matter of good will to offer to be a co-regent with Hanna. That way if something happens to one of us then one will still be watching it. Nothing against you, Thomas but you have the area where the temple resides I believe? Or perhaps will?"

"That leaves Hierophant. I don't know Hanna's skill set yet. I would like to here what she has to offer. I can tell you, I am way too busy with my rituals and such." Turning to Hannah again, "What are your thoughts? Qualifications?"

"And finally, Deputy. I have resisted the title before because I do the duties of one but don't have the responsibilities. However, if I am ask I will join as a Deputy. I believe I have built a good rapport with the Sheriff now."

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"Thanks," Hanna replied, allowing Thomas and Mable to help her with her bag. It wasn't much but it's all she had time to grab before heading away from LA. The guitar case she placed just inside the door of the house, leaning it against the wall and took in her surroundings.

"Hades frozen ass, this place is spectacular!" she grinned, eyes scanning. The couch looked super comfy.

"Oh, no, sure thing," Hanna said, accepting the hug from Mable. Initially, it seemed she was a little stiff but very quickly relaxed into it. As they parted, the Haunt chuckled. "Not many people wanna hug from me, not with this skin." Hanna's humour, though honest, wasn't bitter. It was part and parcel of her Descent.

When Mable mentions how beautiful her hair was, Hanna smiled thankfully. "Thanks. I guess I'm lucky really. I mean, I had it dyed the morning I was Embraced and ever since, it hasn't faded. Some with my make-up. Just another quirk on the crazy Haunt train." Another laugh emanated from Hanna's sultry throat and finding a seat (yep, definitely the couch), she crossed her legs and listened to what they both had to say.

"I'd need to meet with my cousins to see what their thoughts were. Personally, I've got no problem with being the face of the Haunts, if it helps the Domain maintain its balance. I'd be interested, actually, in finding out if the city has any Necropolis or not." Honest, forthright, didn't mince her words.

"Wow, co-regent, really? I'm....honoured, seriously. I mean, I don't wanna step on anyone's toes," she quickly added, looking from Mable to Thomas and then back again. "I'd be glad to help out."

Leaning back on the couch as Thomas mentioned the position of Hierophant, Mable then looked over to Mable as she spoke of not being interested in the position. Thoughtlessly, Hanna picked at her black nail varnish. "Look, I'm really not far enough through my Descent to be able to guide others, yet. I don't know any blood magic or have a smidgen of understanding like you two do. I'm an honest girl, I know that one night I'd love to learn some of our secrets, but until then, I'm content giving you," she said, locking eyes with Thomas, "whatever assistance I can."

T
    Thomas Boyle

Of course Thomas allows himself to be hugged by Mable. How could he not? Even undead predatory monsters need closeness from time to time, and anyone who says otherwise is either stupid or a liar. Or both.

He shakes his head when Mable speaks of sharing the Regency with Hanna "I think it's a fantastic idea. You're right, I have all my fingers in the Valencia pie right now. In fact, I was granted Tenancy there, when I promised we'll be hosting Court in the Temple in September. Seems Alessandra wants to get out of the Nox a little, and honestly I can't blame her. It may also be a sign that she desires a closer relationship with the Circle, but we'll see how it goes" The Prince needs friends. And therapy. She got a puppy and all she ended up with was a 200 lbs of canine killing machine.

"There is a Necropolis in Sacramento. Or was, maintained by a Nosferatu Acolyte by the name of Alice, who has since left the Domain. I asked the Prince if she could share a location of the entrance with me, but she said loyalty to Alice precludes her from this, and I didn't push. Maybe you'll have more luck?" He says to Hanna "It's certainly a good excuse to get some alone time with the Prince, make your own opinion of her"

So, a Nosferatu of the Second Descent, of remarkable presence and with a healthy dose of self-conscious humor? Krieg never told them he had a twin sister. The thought almost - almost - makes Thomas smile.

"You are a student of the Underworld?" The question mark is there only as a sign of courtesy. Even if he hadn't known the faction before, Krieg advertised it quite prominently "I'll be interested in hearing more about that when we're done with politics. And thank you for your trust" Hopefully it won't prove misplaced.

"Speaking of politics. Hanna, you came to us in an... interesting time. The Invictus' grip on the Domain seems to loosen, as does the grip of its members on their connection to Man. The Harpy" And Priscus of Ventrue, but Thomas is too embarassed by that fact to mention it "openly speaks of the enjoyment torture brings her and no one bats an eye - in fact, the Prince seemed content with it. When the Sheriff, a Dragon, reminded them how perilous this path is, she was 'rewarded' with losing Regency, and not an hour later my cousin and Bishop is banished for wanting to resolve a legitimate grievance with Monomacy. To call the behavior of the First Estate 'erratic' would be an understatement" It's chaos. But you know what they say on TV about chaos and ladders.

"In reaction to this, the previous Hierophant wanted to start a movement among the kine, the ultimate goal of which would be to cause the Sacramento population to follow the Circle's tenets in all but name. He believed it'd create the leverage necessary to force change in the Domain's top office" And they all went with it. But now that it isn't supported by Krieg's leadership skills, the strategy needs to be reasessed "Part of that plan was to gather all those harboring discontent under a single banner. So far, I have convinced the Bishop and the Carthians to play ball, so we'll be able to call on them as our influence expands"

"However, Krieg is gone now, and that means so is the single person I could trust to be Prince instead of Alessandra. Who, in fact, turned out to be less jaded than she likes to appear. The way she was open with me about not having anyone to talk to - and believe me, I know a lie when I see one - should show you how desperate she is for some serenity in her existence. Honestly I expected her to get defensive, or aggressive, but she opened up to a complete stranger!" Thomas still couldn't fully wrap his head around it. Not in a milion years would he suspects the situation is so bad for Ale "So, I'd like for us to offer all the assistance, companionship and friendly advice we can. We don't need to change the management, as long as the management thinks, says and does everything we tell them to think, say and do"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you! I have poured my money into this place and picked every piece with love." Mable beamed brightly. "Outside I have flower gardens which go around behind the stables and the green houses, They lead to a beautiful patio with an out doors shower. Every bit of the place is super eco friendly. I have solar panels on the roof. The stables I am going to turn into a library for us with a bedroom down stairs."

"Hanna, I can show you a few tunnel entrances to underground. There has been some hunters etc who infiltrated the areas I know about. I'm not sure if they are still there. But we can go investigate it together. Also, I have access to several cemeteries. You may find some of the Crypts interesting. Let me know if there are any other things I can help with."

"Yes, Krieg wanted to get kine involved which worked great with my plans. One of the green houses is for the public to come in and learn about the plants and do crafts. I have a deal with the local agricultural college to have the student train here. They work the fields. For my part in things, I am trying to show fellow kindred what we actually do. We just held a Beltane celebration in May and invited Kindred. Everyone who attended joined in on the blessing ritual. It was awesome."

"We now have free range chickens. They eat the ticks etc. Plus they are my alarm system since I can speak with them."

"You look beautiful, Hanna. The slight blue hue is fine. And easily covered up."
    Mable tried to sound encouraging.

"I still feel instead of a takeover we should be able to help guide her. I am working on my relationship with the Herald. We have a bit of a touching relationship now. Some days we work really well together other days we drive each other crazy. He tends to be a bit condescending. I am also working on repairing my relationship with the Prince."

H
    Hanna Kadlek

Hanna nodded as Thomas and then Mable began to talk Domain politics, desperately trying to keep up....

Eyes started to drift around the room....The decor was swish....Mable said she'd poured money into this place....must've cost a fortune....Did Mable say chickens? Students?

Hanna blinked as silence descended....

"Sorry, did you say you can speak to chickens?"

Eyes darted between Mable and Thomas. If she could blush, she would've.

"....Er, who's the Herald again?"

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Speaking of solar panels... do you think we could install some of them at the Temple? I was thinking of giving it a bit of a 'modern touch', as it were" It looked kind of like a cave in its current state. Not the strain of decor he was aiming for "I don't suppose any of you can paint? Or know someone who can? The walls are in need of some real art, but I'd rather owe one of my own than some random Kindred" Seth was an option, and a job offer would be a good excuse to meet. Then again, did Thomas need one? Somehow, he was sure the Shadow didn't make many friends in the city.

"We are trying to do just that. Guide Alessandra so that she does see things our way. As long as the First Estate behaves, they can have their offices and limousines" For all the good that'll do them when all is swallowed by entropy "But I have another important piece of information: the Prince told me the Farm was once a site of activity, or at least interest, of one of the Kings of the Grove. Or at the very least there were people here willing to murder their fellow Domain members because they believed it was. Supposedly, Archon Twist knows more, and I plan to ask her about it at some point" Sooner rather than later. Last thing they want is a pissed off Rex in their backyard.

"Jack is the Herald, a cousin of mine and a scholar. University life seems to have taken its toll on him, though - I think he fails to understand life is not a rational debate, but a rather messy affair" He smiles. The Ventrue Whip was likeable, in his own way, certainly worth more as an ally than enemy. Still, he had to learn "Currently Unaligned, but his closeness to the Invictus is difficult to miss"

As for speaking to chickens? Thomas lets Mable answer that one herself.

"Tell me a bit of your path if you would, Hanna. What brought you to the Circle? To Sacramento? Surely it must have been more than the club scene?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.