Ended
Watch

Mending the Circle

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    H
    Hanna Kadlek

Hanna listened as Thomas and Mable spoke, waiting to see if he would explain his own path to them. When there was a lull in the conversation, the Haunt decided now would be time to mention someone she felt needed mentioning.

"So. Domina. Thoughts?"

T
    Thomas Boyle

"That's fair" says the Ventrue when Mable inquires about his path "I am a Semiotician, which means I don't revere any gods, nor do I religiously adhere to any kind of cosmogony"

Let that sink in.

"I believe the legends surrounding the gods are metaphors - but ones hiding great wisdom and insights into our condition. Thus, I have devoted myself to the study of legends, myths, stories and the history of vampires. I am convinced that under the mythical layer lies the truth of our ancient predecessors - those that came to be known as Hades, Lilith, Cain, Persephone, Quetzalcoatl and countless others. In the accumulated lore and practice of Cruac lies, I say, the key to becoming more like them, overcoming vampiric inability to shape the world in a meaningful way. The key to Golconda" He makes a brief pause "Anything else, ask. I'm like an open book" A smile to seal it.

"While it's wonderful news that Krieg is planning to return, I find it odd and... concerning that he decided to share with only one person. Consider my feelings hurt" He tried to make it into a joke, but a drop of acidity might've made its way to Thomas' voice. The Nosferatur Priscus knew very well how to reach him.

Ah, of course, Domina. The one that stole the show at June's Court.

"As far as I can tell she is genuine in her want to bolster our Circle. I have seen many liars, but Domina isn't one - at least in this. We shall see if she stays in Sacramento, and if she does - I'd consider her an Acolyte like any other. Of course, we will all need to get to know her better"

The Lord studies Hanna, glancing at her eyes and body language. Something in her voice and posture hints at an opinion already formed about the oddly-named vampire.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-07-15 18:01:19 Thomas Boyle rolls 5 to Read Hanna's feelings about Domina (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 8, 5, 10, 7, 7, 3 2 successes

"Do you have any thoughts?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hanna, you had a chance to meet her. What did you think?"

"Thomas? Do you really believe that we as vampires can not shape the world in any meaningful way? I mean, that is what I strive to do each day." She raised a questioning eyebrow.

Mable then grinned, "Though, I too wish to be more goddess like."

H
    Hanna Kadlek

Thomas can sense jealousy radiating from Hanna's tone

The Haunt shrugged but it was obvious the woman had frustrated her. Jealousy, perhaps?

"I...don't really know. Her entrance at court got under my skin, with all those mortals fawning around her. Call it a bad first impression, to me anyway. Others might have loved it." Hanna sat leaned forward, uncrossing her legs and leaning her elbows on her lap so her chin was in her hands. "If she is genuine, great, she may be able to help us on our own paths, and vice-versa. We need to stick together, right?"

T
    Thomas Boyle

"No" A firm negative to Mable's question "Vampires are creatures of the fringe, we steal and conquer, but meaningful creation eludes us. The longevity allows us to master any craft we desire, but it is never made with that spark mortals have" He says with conviction, clearly something he's been thinking over for a very long time.

"That is not to say mortals are better than us, or that all of them are some idealized demiurges, no. In a world of pervasive entropy, it is next to impossible to leave a lasting mark on the world - just doubly so for Kindred. Overcoming it is a challenge, but all we have is time" Trial and error works for vampires. Ageless and difficult to kill, they can afford mistakes.

"You're jealous" An off-hand comment. No judgement, in fact little emotion of any kind "Good. Contrary to what the preachers of the Church say, jealousy is a virtue, if used correctly. It makes you desire to better yourself, making civilizations turn"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded at Hanna, "Yes, we do need to stick together."

She tilted her head at Thomas, "My ideas may be way out of whack with your own, Thomas. I don't believe the kine are better then us. I feel that we are evolved. As a kine, I remember feeling the effects of the beast within but not understanding it. Once I evolved, I learned more about the beast. That has given me a better understanding and control. That control isn't perfect, nothing ever is perfect."

She paused, "I see our condition as an opportunity and a duty. We have the opportunity to make lasting changes because we can see better what is happening. The kine need us to help them learn and fix the issues they are having like with the environment. We need to bring the issues into what they can understand and deal with. Like this farm, it can help teach them to respect the environment better. I see it as my duty to protect them from themselves and their own self-destructive ways."

"That's why I can't understand why you think that we can't leave a lasting mark on the world."

Back to Hanna, "You're jealous of that fancy lady? Why? I'm sorry I didn't get to know her better at court. What about her do you wish you had?" Mable's voice was kind and warm.

T
    Thomas Boyle

"That is... interesting" Could Mable really feel the Beast wile still mortal? Or was she just confusing it with simple anger? "In your example, it ultimately falls to mortals to fix the issues you talk about. The diffference may seem like semantics, but I feel it's important. But I see your point and value the work you do"

Of the vampires present in Sacramento, Mable may be one of the few people actually doing something useful with her time. Bringing people together. Defending the land.

In a way, Thomas envies her.

A week with no posts and we're over the month mark. Scene ends

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.