Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily purses her lips, trying not to laugh any more. He really was doing well, even if his annoyed face came across like an angry puppy.

Once the exhaust was changed, she slipped back out and took a look at Nate's handiwork so far. He was struggling a bit with the lug nuts, but he was doing pretty well. "Huh. Good job. When you've done that, do the same on the other side."

The punk grabs some leads and begins fixing parts of the engine.

It'll be a lot more of the same through the day. You wanna skip to the end of the day?
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel made a slightly exasperated noise, but did as asked- once more using the tool on the thing to remove the thing.
    "Yeeeesss maaaa'am"

Work was tiring, but it made the end of the shift all the more rewarding- everything afterwards felt better. Eating, sleeping, breathing- and little comforts like showers and a pillow became wonders. And with each new day, the work became a bit easier... Though he still very much preferred the papers and files, adoring the simple system he'd created for his sister. But paperwork and a deskjob wouldn't make him strong enough to go to blows with the pure, if things got ugly.

Fine by me!

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's eyes go wide and her face splits into a grin. "Sass? From you? Get over there before I whoop your ass..." She sniggers, brandishing the wrench at him.

Several long, hard, grinding hours later, the other staff have left.

The Crescent is sat on the floor, leaning against the bumper of the bright blue Mustang, smoking a cigarette. She's undone the top of the coveralls and tied them around her waist, and is wearing a black tank-top. Somehow she's gotten dirt, or oil, or perhaps break fluid an her face and skin from wiping sweat off herself. She crushes a beer can in one hand and cracks another beer on the floor, taking a long swig, and calling lazily back into the garage. "Nate? Dammit, uh, Nathaniel? Come on man. You'll need a proper shower to get the last of that stuff out." She slaps the ground next to her. "Come on, grab a seat. Have a beer."

Emily burps loudly, and sighs. "Look, I know I give you a hard time when we're in the shop. I'm not trying to be a bitch, y'know, any more than I literally am." She snorts with laughter. I'm fucking hilarious. "But if you thought the Pure were bad, just wait until those guys sense weakness. Truth is, I know you're not used to this, but you're doing okay. Better'n okay, because you actually listen, which puts way above me when they tried to teach me shit." She shrugs. "How're you finding it?"

4. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel didn't doubt she easily would. And he'd hate to see what she could do with a giant wrench. Socket to them? Hah...

Work was grueling, but passed by quickly enough. Everyone left, and once more Emily was slumped in one spot or another- taking a drag and drinking a bottle. Same as usual.... That wasn't healthy right?... At the offer to sit, and... To clean up there? Nathaniel wouldn't complain if that was the case. He sat down, muscles moaning in bliss at the chance to relax. Another perk of working here was getting used to the cigarette smoke. Though, he was still hesitant to drink.

"Ah... Still underage. Mind if I take a water? My judgement's nowhere near as good as my ability to follow orders, especially impaired." If only she knew. He grabbed a plastic bottle and drank it down, letting some of it just wash down his chin with how fast he chugged it down.

She was a tough woman, and this was a tough place- but nothing Nathaniel hadn't met before. He finished off the water. "Ahhhhh!..... Mm. No, you're fine sister. Orphan, remember? Had my fair share of rough patches- I can take it, even if I don't show it well." He still had a lot to learn of course, and was nowhere near ready for the mess a battle against the Pure would be. But he was getting there.

He raised his empty bottle when she said he listened, smiling weakly. "It's good for me. I know that. I know this existence isn't an easy or forgiving one. And um... I know I need to help stop the pure and heal this place. Sometimes knowing doesn't always help, but I'm here to stay. And so long as you're willing to teach, I'd like to learn." The enthusiastic, normally somewhat optimistic pup showed a hint of how it all bore down on him- he had a simple enough life before this, but that was forever out of his reach. He knew now. That meant he couldn't run away. The Shadow gripped the car hood and hoisted himself up, extending a hand to his sister. She was probably just as haunted by all this- Nathaniel didn't have scars like she probably did.

"I need to finish up the paperwork. Do you want to clean up while I do? Once we're both done we can find something more relaxing to do. I have no idea what you find relaxing but... We could watch a show?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily shake her head, looking out over the lot. "You are such a nerd. Live a little, man. Who knows when you or me will be splattered all over the Hisil? Carpe diem, or whatever." She blows a plume into the air and shrugs. "Meh. It's your life. But lemme tell ya, you're not likely to get drunk. Believe me. Ive fuvking tried. A lot. Same resilience than bounces us back from near dead works on toxins too, like- ta-da! Alcohol. I can drink a bottle of bourbon and be for to drive in twenty minutes. It suuuuuuuucks."

The mechanic listens, but doesn't look at the younger wolf. "Yeah. Orphans. Guess that's me too." Another absent-minded swig from the can. "Stop 'em. Sure. I don't think they even know what's gone on here yet. Hell, they might even love that chaos over there." She waves an arm lazily to the side.
    Nathaniel's eagerness to learn makes her smile. "You really are a nerd. Windrider would have fuckin' loved you. The crescent he wishes I was. Ha." Its not bitter, more... wistful. Remembering. Emily pops the cigarette in her mouth and tales the offered hand. She's heavier than she looks - a lot of her shape is actually wiry muscle. "See, you've got Spirit side down. I can tell that. Not much to teach you you don't know there. But anything else, shoot. I'll teach if I can. But I'm not much on formalities." No shit. "So, like, you got something, ask me." She hits a shutter to close the doors and flicks her cig end into the street.

"Naahhhh leave it till tomorrow. You're off the clock and I'm not paying you overtime," she grins and stretches - several joints pop and click, making Emily groan with satisfaction. She catches sight of her face in a chrome bumper and chuckles. "Guess I do need a shower, huh?" She pulls off the boots and coverall and heads up the stairs in her top and underwear, unabashed as anything, draining the can of beer. "Sure, we can hang out. Come on up, buddie. Make yourself at home."

There's the sound of running water and the occasional groan from the bathroom. The living room is... better? Kinda? There are no containers, only a few crushed cans and the ash-tray is empty. Only one chair has clothes on it this time, thrown haphazardly - t-shirts and underwear. Like Emily had tidied up once before and her natural slovenliness or perhaps laziness was slowly reclaiming the room.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel chuckled at her grim depiction, and her longing to get drunk. "Ever tried getting a spirit's help? I'm sure one werewolf got the bright idea to make a whiskey flask with a spirit of intoxication or something on it." They might prefer such an existence over living in bars.

She related to him being an orphan, and the pup gave a weak smile. "I'm not always this optimistic. And my experiences with the Pure have always been minimal. But someone has to stop them, and stop this- and... Right now that someone's us. I'm sure any father or mother could be proud of that." Regardless of their support for the means and lifestyle. It was a noble goal. "Speaking of fighting them. I'm not very combat capable- we've discussed this before. If we get into a fight, I'm going to have to rely on my shits or something like wolfsbane. Just... Train me for combat? Get me ready for it. And teach me how to make stuff, so I can turn my spirit talents towards better things." They walked into the home, she started to get cleaned up and he... Was in a room that was just a little bit disorganized.

He wasn't working? Fine. But the room was a mess. She'd cleaned up a bit, but he wasn't about to let things get worse- and he wasn't about to sit down and ruin the couch... More than it was probably stained already, anyways. After washing his hands heavily, it didn't take long to clean up the mess, and gently tip a chair so the clothes fall into any container if a laundry one isn't available. After that he simply stood around trying not to touch the walls or furniture, turning the TV on and putting it on one of the sappy soap channels- the kinds that ran marathons every other week.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily stares, wide-eyed and gaping. "That's... that might actually work. I might try that. Thanks buddy!"

She smiles. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Did you ever know them?" The crescent nods. "We'll do that. I'll have you throwing a punch like a champ. Or if you wanna do claws, we can do that too."

Emily comes out of the shower wrapped in a towel, and looks at him, confused. "Aren't you taking the coverall off dude? You can sit down if you do." She chuckles, and looks around. "Wait... Did you tidy in here?!"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel would have to ask around, search some bars, and... Actually learn how to make a fetish. Right. Still, it was an idea for the future.

"I didn't know my parents, no. Wherever I got the Wolf from, they've never talked o me about it. Not even sure if they're alive." Nathaniel had looked a bit, of course. But the world was large, and their kind could hide easily if they so wished. Whatever the reason behind their disappearance, Nathaniel might never know. (@%1;)

The notion of fighting with claws felt painful- but it would be valuable.

And as soon as she pops out of the shower, Nathaniel almost immediately rushes in with his bag. Fifteen minutes later he pops out, clean, with a new polo and pants on- his dirty clothes in a plastic bag. "That's.... Sooooo much better. Yeah, I tidied up a bit- was bored, and didn't want to stain the furniture. Thanks for letting me clean up. So ah... What would you like to do now?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily nods. It had been a bit of a personal question. "Being Uratha isn't always hereditary, even if a Blooded knock you up. They may not have known. It takes a combination of potential and environment to force the Change. Dad felt pretty sure I was going to pop on my own. Always had a temper, raging hormones... I was a nightmare teen. Always wondered why he kept me in some nights," she chuckles. "Always on full moons, he pointed out later. He was certain I was gonna be Rahu, just like him. Turned out I was just a pissy bitch."

Thanks for letting me clean up? Man, this kid has problems.

Emily is draped blokishly over the sofa wearing a fluffy white bathrobe and not much else, hammering her Switch controller of Super Smash Brothers. There's an open can of energy drink on the table and a burning cigarette held in the ashtray. "Stupid....Game-and-Watch... eat lazer, you fuck.... MMmmm?" She glances across at him. "Oh, I thought we'd just hang out. If you force shop talk all the time I get bored and lose interest. Gotta be organic, man. Grab a drink if you like. I'll finish this game and you can tag in or I'll make food, whatever." She waves an arm over to the kitchen.

The kitchen is.... surprisingly ordered, compared to literally every other room (except the locked one he hasn't seen). It's a small space with a lot of cupboards and a good flat surface for prep in a solid dark grey with aea-green was - such as can be seen. And it's clean. Well. Ish. There's a couple of dishes in the sink and a few spots on the hob, but compared to what he's seen the rest of the time? Immaculate.

The refrigerator holds a case of beers, three spirit bottles of assorted fullness, some coke cans and several cans of energy drinks. Also a large glass bottle of water. Meat and vegetables seem in reasonable supply.

When he comes back, the end-game Scran has a big 3 off to the side of a hat-wearing Pikachu. Emily gives Nathaniel a chill smile."So? What's your poison, cue tip? You game much?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel knew it was possible his parents weren't wolves but... Well, the circumstances seemed somewhat coincidental- and Nathaniel preferred that possibility to the notion that he just had human parents that couldn't or wouldn't raise him.

Coming out of the shower to Emily just lounging so readily wasn't at all unexpected, given prior interactions. And he knew what she was playing, though didn't possess near enough funds to purchase the latest systems. It seemed as good a way to relax as any.
    "Sure. Um... Don't at all know how to play, but I'll try my best?"

He peeked into the kitchen and marveled at the supply. He wasn't an expert by any means, but he'd had to cook for himself for quite some time- and it was a hobby that... Wasn't as pricy as others. Perhaps Emily enjoyed it as well? Another way to learn? "I'd offer to cook if I was better at it, haha" He popped back in to see the selection of games, raising an eyebrow at the question

"I have an old DS? So I play every now and then. This game looks nice- I'll give it a shot." The old and bulky ones- the originals. His was scratched up and used, but made an easy enough way to pass the time.

What do you roll to play video games competitively? Same as other games?

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last